You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Au revoir Box

fredsgirlfredsgirl Member Posts: 883
Want to wish the bestest of luck to Boxster in his new chapter and adventures..Years ago the Orfy was set up (pretty much as a joke tourney) for watches of Sky TV ,but great way for SPTs to have a weekly catch-up. A million yrs on and you still weekly update. The game wouldn't of survived without you, wishing you the best of luck and a massive thank you from the bottom of my heart xx

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129

Amen to that.

Boxster has been an immense force for good in the Sky Poker Community.

And yes, all the best to David in his new adventure. He'll be sorely missed here.
  • Options
    fredsgirlfredsgirl Member Posts: 883
    Truly missed...maybe name baby Tony to make up for leaving us..
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Thanks for all your efforts over the years, much appreciated. Have a great trip @Boxster
  • Options
    BoxsterBoxster Member Posts: 4,461
    edited July 2019
    Very kind words Paula. Thank you.

For those that don’t know these are immensely exciting times for me and my family.

I am moving to Australia, long term but unfortunately due to my age and visa restrictions not permanently.

To cut a long story short(ish) my daughter went to Aus 7 years ago travelling and never came back. But she has built a wonderful life for herself against all the odds, married a great guy out there and proud to say we will be grandparents on (around) 10th August.

So we have decided to sell up here and plan to spend at least 6 months in Aus and 6 months in UK.

So I will be leaving soon and the Aus rules mean no online Poker 

The long story is we plan to buy a boat and charter it, so if anybody fancies a cheap exciting holiday in Aus keep in touch (shameless ad) Blog to follow.

SOOO anybody with a little spreadsheet experience?? Need to keep the Orfy league running, let me know.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited July 2019
    Many congratulations mate.

It is a beautiful country, you will love it.

Thanks for all you have done over the years for the Sky poker community and was a pleasure meeting you at the SPT Newcastle, and also sharing tables with you many a time on Sky.

All the very best for you and your family on the Aussie adventure. There is also some great live games in Aus in the big cities, and lots of pub league games.

• Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    Best of luck - will keep an eye out for any updates you might post during your future UK stints!
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    Nice one Boxster! Best luck! May the road rise to meet you, but not the dusty ones B)
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Bon voyage and enjoy a new chapter Down Under.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Good luck Boxxy, Boxer, Boxter...David ;)

Get that Aussie Millions won! Best wishes to all the Family.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,345
    Good luck with this venture, all the best.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    all the best Boxy hope you have a wonderful time
    i,ll miss you at the tables i shall miss the orfy comp if it stops too
    take care brother . Sean