You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Heads up Russian Roulette - a proposal

bgambgam Member Posts: 6
edited August 2019 in Feedback & Suggestions
I'm not sure who plays the Heads Up SNG called Russian Roulette as it is just a coin toss game like red/black on a roulette table. It is pure chance with no need to know anything about poker.

I have a proposal for a variant which introduces a small element of skill into this game.
I love the games on Sky Poker, lots of variety from 'proper' poker to the DYM SNG variants. They all (apart from the RR game) need some level of poker skill, each game having its own requirements for winning play.

My proposal is to have a (slightly) skilled up RR game.
In place of a single 'bullet' game you have 6 bullets…
Each hand you may make a choice of 'all in' or 'fold'
taken on the just the 2 dealt cards -
no blinds so no loss if you fold.

The players take turns in deciding.
The 6 hands give each player 3 goes to tempt an 'all-in'.

on the 7th bullet both players are 'all in' like it or not (as in the current RR game)
e.g.
hand 1
p1 goes all in… p2 folds
hand 2
p2 goes all in… p1 folds
hand 3
p1 folds

Each hand either becomes russian roulette or a fold

Hand 7 (if reached) becomes a default both players all-in

The game has only a small skill requirement (knowing the odds of winning given 2 cards).
No bluff advantage, due to no blinds (or ante)
And might provide a novel entertainment away from the serious games.

Turbo and hyper variants could be made by varying the number of 'bullets'
Hyper = 1 bullet game as now
Turbo = 3 bullet game (one choice for each player then sudden death)
fast = 5 bullet game
classic = 7 bullet game

Coding the game should be simple enough, as a variant of existing games.

A six player variant might also be fun, though would need some analysis to see how it would work.

Comments welcome.

Comments

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited August 2019
    There's a similar game on 888 where you play 3 handed for 2-3 levels (2 minutes each) then you're forced all in. That's probably the closest thing out there to what you're suggesting. No idea how successful they are.

They'd probs be unbeatable with the rake most sites would charge on something like that, so I wouldn't touch them. But I'm also not the kind of player that a game like that is aimed towards.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    just a 10bb all in or fold game could be fun
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    EvilPingu said:

There's a similar game on 888 where you play 3 handed for 2-3 levels (2 minutes each) then you're forced all in. That's probably the closest thing out there to what you're suggesting. No idea how successful they are.

They'd probs be unbeatable with the rake most sites would charge on something like that, so I wouldn't touch them. But I'm also not the kind of player that a game like that is aimed towards.

Stars also have spin and go max which is similar
  • Options
    bgambgam Member Posts: 6
    EvilPingu said:

Itsover4u said:

Stars also have spin and go max which is similar

Thanks for the information. I plan to stay with Sky Poker as I found it via my main Skybet account. As you can see I am a poker novice (my main gambling is on the horses). As a mathematician I like looking at the odds in gambling and always prefer games where a level of skill can help to outweigh the rake. My proposed game is one aimed at those wanting a quick 'fix' where there is still a minimal level of skill required over the pure chance of the current RR game.