You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

is online poker fixed

2»

Comments

• Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    waller02 said:

lfccarl said:

Too many of these threads pop up. I think a nice idea would be to just people completely and utterly honest with people.

The reason you think it's rigged and you can't get past the micros is simply - you are not good enough. It's also possible that you're too stupid to grasp this.

check my sharkscope out i am going enough to get out of 2p 4p
    im not saying im the best poker player out there am i and i no i need to work on my game
    As others have said, I didn't expect a thread like this from you. You're on a bad run and it's easy to blame the site rather than have a look at your game.

Do you put any study in away from the tables? There is a tonne of free content on you tube etc. The more effort you put in away from the tables the better your long term results will be. Or you can blame the site and carry on as you are, it's your money.
    not as much as i should do i started to record my sessions
    also i run the plo8 league on sky so i spend a bit of time updating that every day
  • Options
    just won the plo8 12:30 so hopefully the downswing had ended anyone no of any good tips to help me study better all i been doing is going back and looking at the hand history
  • Options
    i also play over 100 hours a week
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    So you've changed your mind? It's not fixed now?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    Subscribe to Raise your Edge, BBZ coaching, No limit gaming, Lex Veldhuis, Jonathan Little, Jaime Staples, Upswing Poker, Finding Equilibrium, bparispoker, Allinpav, iregption, etc. On youtube. Watch to your hearts content and try to incorporate it into your game. All free.

Btw 100 hours a week is just insane. Not healthy.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    lfccarl said:

WTF?! Are you seriously saying you spend in excess of 14 hours a day, 7 days a week playing online poker?
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864

lfccarl said:

WTF?! Are you seriously saying you spend in excess of 14 hours a day, 7 days a week playing online poker?
    Are you saying you're not? Sad!
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    I’d start by splitting your analysis between PLO8 tournaments and NL4 cash. Not sure you can say a downswing has ended by booking a win in a different format. Maybe your PLO8 game is strong and your NL cash game is weak. Need to free up a few of those hours to think about your game.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    PS Sharkscope won’t tell you if you’re any good at cash
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Subscribe to Raise your Edge, BBZ coaching, No limit gaming, Lex Veldhuis, Jonathan Little, Jaime Staples, Upswing Poker, Finding Equilibrium, bparispoker, Allinpav, iregption, etc. On youtube. Watch to your hearts content and try to incorporate it into your game. All free.

Btw 100 hours a week is just insane. Not healthy.

its between 12 to 16 hours per day
  • Options

lfccarl said:

cant do much out sick at the moment with a hernia also look like im losing my job of it
  • Options
    TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
    edited October 2019
    any good tips to help me study better

A 5bb/100 winning player has a 55% chance to hit a 10 buyin downswing over 100,000 hands. The same 5bb/100 winner has a 30% chance of being down after 10,000 hands. Something to keep in mind.

I don't really play much but if I played as much as you and wanted to improve I'd dedicate a lot of my poker time on study,k about 50% at first.

waller02 mentioned some good free resources, also head over to twitch and watch some pro cash players and note how they react to variance. Your mental game is probably a ways off from a pros.

I'd recommend playing on a site that you can use Holdem manager or pokertracker so you can build a database of hands that you can properly review and filter. This will be your study site, you can still play on sky.

Books: Grinders manual and the mental game of poker.
    Training sites: what ever is in your budget, I've used runitonce in the past.
    Study groups: join discord groups there are loads of them, good place to share HHs and talk strat.
    Coaching: if you can afford it, it will probably help you the most.

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886

lfccarl said:

Tbf don't you spend longer than this polishing your UKOPS bracelet?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    id just like to see some proof and that will never happen ..carry on
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299

lfccarl said:

14 hrs a day, 7 days a week? Is that all?? No wonder you are losing....part timer!
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    If you play 14 hours days and those hands you posted were the cruellest you have suffered on any given day you are running well . Here is what a real bad beat looks like

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    fatzeal20 Small blind 15.00 15.00 1855.00
    1245 Big blind 30.00 45.00 1940.00
    Your hole cards
    J
    J
    Jacksn_5 Fold
    gregkdy82 Raise 90.00 135.00 1950.00
    Proosty Call 90.00 225.00 1985.00
    walrus6621 Fold
    fatzeal20 Fold
    1245 Fold
    Flop
    A
    J
    gregkdy82 Bet 120.00 345.00 1830.00
    Proosty Call 120.00 465.00 1865.00
    Turn
    A
    gregkdy82 Bet 270.00 735.00 1560.00
    Proosty Call 270.00 1005.00 1595.00
    River
    A
    gregkdy82 Check
    Proosty Bet 502.50 1507.50 1092.50
    gregkdy82 Call 502.50 2010.00 1057.50
    Proosty Show
    A
    gregkdy82 Muck
    J
    J
    Proosty Win Four Aces 2010.00 3102.

Rigged as &*%$ eh? :D
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    agreed...but surely proosty could have 'value bet ' to get more out of you, even a shove could have looked like a bluff to get you off the pot? ( Maybe I shove to much...hmmm :/ )