You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

could i play these better

lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,497
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
burn208Small blind£0.02£0.02£2.04
lfccarlBig blind£0.04£0.06£4.87
Your hole cards
  • Q
Poplar134Call£0.04£0.10£4.18
burden09Call£0.04£0.14£4.56
tec02Fold
burn208Call£0.02£0.16£2.02
lfccarlCheck
Flop
  • K
  • A
  • J
burn208Check
lfccarlBet£0.08£0.24£4.79
Poplar134Call£0.08£0.32£4.10
burden09Fold
burn208Fold
Turn
  • K
lfccarlBet£0.16£0.48£4.63
Poplar134Call£0.16£0.64£3.94
River
  • J
lfccarlCheck
Poplar134Bet£0.48£1.12£3.46
lfccarlCall£0.48£1.60£4.15
Poplar134Show
  • K
lfccarlMuck
  • Q
Poplar134WinFull House, Kings and Jacks£1.48£4.94

Comments

• lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,497
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    burn208Small blind£0.02£0.02£2.33
    lfccarlBig blind£0.04£0.06£4.23
    Your hole cards
    Poplar134Fold
    burden09Fold
    TLK65Fold
    tec02Fold
    burn208Call£0.02£0.08£2.31
    lfccarlRaise£0.08£0.16£4.15
    burn208Call£0.08£0.24£2.23
    Flop
    burn208Check
    lfccarlBet£0.12£0.36£4.03
    burn208Call£0.12£0.48£2.11
    Turn
    burn208Check
    lfccarlBet£0.20£0.68£3.83
    burn208All-in£2.11£2.79£0.00
    lfccarlFold
    burn208Muck
    burn208Win£0.81£0.81
    burn208Return£1.91£0.07£2.72
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    Rigged
  • JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    Unless you are Mike Posile then I would say no.
  • TWRAMYEPTWRAMYEP Member Posts: 351
    QTo: bet more on turn, fold river.
    TWRAMYEP said:

ok thank you
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    lfccarl said:

TWRAMYEP said:

ok thank you
    I agree with the bigger turn bet but frankly if I was him, it would probably have to be a shove to stop me calling
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Hoping some of the cash guys with more knowledge come on but to try and get the thread moving.
    With bet sizings I would be thinking about the sorts of hands our opponents can have and size accordingly. On a rainbow flop of 2710 it is hard to get a lot of value as it is less likely our opponents have hit much of the board. On AKJ it is more likely our opponents have hit some of the board so we can bet bigger and get some value. By the river, what hands are you beating?
    Its great when we flop big hands like straights or 2pr or sets etc. However it is important to not get carried away if the strength of our hand reduces with the board run out. With the flopped straight hand, by the river we beat very little so while its frustrating to have to fold when we flopped a good hand we have to.

ok thank you for the advice
    MattBates said:

Hoping some of the cash guys with more knowledge come on but to try and get the thread moving.
    With bet sizings I would be thinking about the sorts of hands our opponents can have and size accordingly. On a rainbow flop of 2710 it is hard to get a lot of value as it is less likely our opponents have hit much of the board. On AKJ it is more likely our opponents have hit some of the board so we can bet bigger and get some value. By the river, what hands are you beating?
    Its great when we flop big hands like straights or 2pr or sets etc. However it is important to not get carried away if the strength of our hand reduces with the board run out. With the flopped straight hand, by the river we beat very little so while its frustrating to have to fold when we flopped a good hand we have to.

the only reason i called the river bet is i got him tag as a fish and the river was a perfect card to bluff at
  • MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    lfccarl said:

MattBates said:

the only reason i called the river bet is i got him tag as a fish and the river was a perfect card to bluff at
    What hands do you think he is bluffing with?
    MattBates said:

lfccarl said:

MattBates said:

What hands do you think he is bluffing with?
    q 10 vs k10
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,714
    Matt means what cards do you expect the oppo to have on the river that he would bluff with, so do any draws miss etc. I can’t see many that would make sense, QsXs maybe or a small pair. But the board isn’t great for bluffs and I don’t expect to see many river bluffs at 4nl though could be wrong.
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited October 2019
    QT
    your flop and turn bet sizes are poor as is the river call.
    It's NL 4 so you need to BET BIGGER with strength on flop and turn. You should be going 3/4 with your stronger value hands.

Bigger bet sizes are a larger indication of stronger hands and on this board texture that river is a snap fold. This opponent would need be a crazy fish you know is gonna call with value hands on both flop and turn then over play them big on the type of board texture even most fish will see as a check.

you played fine although I'd go bigger on the turn and go 1/2 pot. this opponent is a fish if he's gonna call a bet of 1/3 he will call 50% bet, you are wanting to get value from all his 4x 5x Ax and flush draws, if he has 76 or 8x good for him.

When you get raised it's an easy fold, the smaller turn bet might get him to do a bluff raise but you'd need notes he is this crazy fish to call and if so you should be checking back the turn and bluff catching any river that is not an A 5 or club.