You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

could i play these 6 hands better

2»

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Much better players than me have covered things nicely, but wanted to look at that first hand you posted, AA vs 2 players.

Pre flop looks fine, no issues there.
    On the flop of 2 2 Q, you bet £1.36 into a pot of £1.76, so about 75% pot bet.

This feels a little on the large size to me. Although there is a FD out there, and 2 opponents in the hand, it's kinda hard for either of them to have too much here to defend or play back with. One of the villains also only has a little over £2 behind too.

Think it's a spot where a smaller c-bet is more effective; around a £1 or so, maybe even a little less.

It's a flop where it's going to be tough to get 3 streets of value, and we don't really need to protect our hand too much against many holdings. Had it been a 789ccx type flop then sure bet bigger for value and protection as there are many combos of hands that will want to see another card at least, but 2 2 Q is about as safe as it gets for aces (and we can't always be scared of a FD). We also block the best Queen that an opponent could have and thus the only real hand we could get really strong value from.

A smaller bet can also appear weaker, so if someone has something like 88 they might stick around to the turn and not give up on the pot quite so easily. Plus you give someone the opportunity to jump on any perceived weakness and look to make a move against you or just call down with a worse hand.

I also think you gather a bit more information for future hands if you c-bet smaller here or in similar spots. Had you bet 90p and they both fold, then use that information in future hands where perhaps you're c-betting Ax on a nothing type board and want to make your bluff/cbet as cheap as possible but with a decent chance of getting through and picking up the pot.