You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Manchester Grand Final Live Update

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Andrew sets Gareth in, bad timing as Gareth is a spot ahead, bu Mean Machine gets out Meaned as Andrew, badly dominated, rivers his out.

So we lose Gareth I'm afraid.

• Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
  • Options

8th; Adam Lowe, £3,400

7th; Adam Davies, £4,300

6th Chris Whittaker, £5,300

5th Aaron Abell £6,600

4th Sohab Asghar £9,000

3rd Gareth Smith £12,000

• Options

Players on a scheduled break.

Ambo 2,800,000

Andrew 3,700,000
  • Options

1st & 2nd prizes are;

1st £25,000

2nd £17,000

Whether it will be played out remains to be seen.
  • Options

Good natured discussions seem to have arrived at £20,760 for Ambo & £21,340 for Andrew.

They are just mulling it over but I think a deal is almost certain.

There's also the matter of the utterly splendid top of the range corrugated iron Trophy which James purchased from Argos.
  • Options
  • Options

After a ream of calculations they suddenly decide on;

An even chop

Andrew gets the Trophy, though he said he'd rather not.

Andrew gets Ambo's Bounty, which is Free Entry into the £200 UKOPS HR on 29th December.
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Great read, as usual.

Kept me awake while I'm playing a Micromillions Tourny on Stars.
    Just the 129,458 entries....still 345 left...

Well played, all.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    Many thanks for the write up @Tikay10

Good to see you at the SPT.

Well played Andrew and @NChanning plus all the rest of the final tablists. (is that a word btw?)
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    StayOrGo said:

Many thanks for the write up @Tikay10

Good to see you at the SPT.

Well played Andrew and @NChanning plus all the rest of the final tablists. (is that a word btw?)

Yep..that is definitely a word...I'll get me coat...
  • Options
    hazelwoo05hazelwoo05 Member Posts: 57
    I enjoyed my time at the event there were some great players out there and well played all. But have a winge and probably not going to be popular oooo😂Put in a lot of hours graft to get my seat for the event travelled up. But wasn't impressed with sky staff/ambassadors getting multiple free day1 bullets. My bust out was a complete punt and very likely wouldn't be played this way as they had already got a stack through day1a allowing them a free day1b do whatever they want I.e donking 3.5x pot with up n down straight draw on wrong end on flop being way behind and getting there. Wouldn't have been only player susceptible to this kind of play. Ambassadors are taking a lot of money and regs out the prizepool who are paying and being able to play with much bigger edges for free. I think the ambassadors are great and enjoy playing with them but in fairness I think there head should to be the value of the event and they should have 1 bullet each.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    Surely the more non-professional players in the field, the better for everyone involved? Especially when each bullet they fire adds £220 extra value. Their entry fee adds the same £500 to the prizepool that your entry fee does.
  • Options
    MARK277MARK277 Member Posts: 110

I enjoyed my time at the event there were some great players out there and well played all. But have a winge and probably not going to be popular oooo😂Put in a lot of hours graft to get my seat for the event travelled up. But wasn't impressed with sky staff/ambassadors getting multiple free day1 bullets. My bust out was a complete punt and very likely wouldn't be played this way as they had already got a stack through day1a allowing them a free day1b do whatever they want I.e donking 3.5x pot with up n down straight draw on wrong end on flop being way behind and getting there. Wouldn't have been only player susceptible to this kind of play. Ambassadors are taking a lot of money and regs out the prizepool who are paying and being able to play with much bigger edges for free. I think the ambassadors are great and enjoy playing with them but in fairness I think there head should to be the value of the event and they should have 1 bullet each.

You can fire multiple bullets on day 1 if you play Day 1a and finish with a stack you can play Day1b to try and get a bigger stack. You are allowed one re entry per day so you can play Day 1 4 times. Don’t think it is any different for Sky staff or ambassadors
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Essexphil said:

Great read, as usual.

Kept me awake while I'm playing a Micromillions Tourny on Stars.
    Just the 129,458 entries....still 345 left...

Well played, all.

Deep hole with water in it? Phil??

Totally concur, great read and just makes many us want to come back more! Thanks again for a great tourney,Well organised and such fun!
  • Options

Hi @hazelwoo05

I'm in a bit of rush to catch my train, but I'll reply later today.

And please don't think that you'll be unpopular for voicing an opinion, it's fine.

Chat later.
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Way past my bed time when it finished just caught up with it, great work Tikay nice to see Mr. Ambo do very well congrats to all the other Sky players who did well.
  • Options
    DoyleBrun said:

Way past my bed time when it finished just caught up with it, great work Tikay nice to see Mr. Ambo do very well congrats to all the other Sky players who did well.

@DoyleBrun

Thanks mate.