You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker plans for 2020

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,819

As most of you know, Sky Poker is now part of TSG (The Stars Group) and many players are unsure of how & when this will affect us here at Sky Poker.

The entire SB&G Business is in the throes of transition, & Sky Poker is an important, but small part of that. Quite what will happen & when is not clear yet (or not to me, anyway), but in terms of timescale some clues emerged up at SPT Manchester.

Firstly, the Bounty prizes on the Sky Poker Ambassador & Staff were in the form of free entries to the Xmas UKOPS. So that tells us all that Xmas UKOPS will go ahead as normal, & in fact whilst the schedule is not available to us yet, I can tell you that it will run from December 27th to December 30th.

No mention was made of Easter UKOPS, but based on what else we learned, I think it's currently "more than likely" to go ahead as normal.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    It was also made known that there will be a Sky Poker Tour in 2020.

Discussions & negotiations are currently taking place for 3 SPT's in 2020 as follows;

Manchester - probably in February.

Brighton, probably in May.

Las Vegas, probably in June.

Plans can change, & these are not certain, but I'd bet good money that all 3 will take place. Dates & venues may change, but it's almost certain that 3 SPT's will take place up to & including June. There may be others after June, I've no idea, (I doubt anyone has yet), but those were not mentioned.

So from that we can reasonably deduce that Sky Poker will continue in it's current form until at least the middle of next year.

In fact, it may be quite a bit longer, but we shall have to wait & see.
  • Options

In the longer term, all I know at present is that Sky Poker WILL continue for the foreseeable future, there are certainly no plans for it to disappear. It will change, of course, hopefully for the better, but it won't be going away.

The Forum? I don't have much news there, but my understanding is that there is no reason why it should not continue for the foreseeable future. However, it really needs more engagement from the players. So please, try & keep the place lively with interesting threads, hand discussion, general poker & real-life chit chat & banter. It's your Forum, so if you want to give it the best chance of survival, please support it via posts & threads.

Eventually, of course, Sky Poker will make some big changes, & that's going to be an interesting journey for all of us. Hopefully, it's a journey we can all make together, as the community here really is rather special.

That's all I've got for now, but at least it gives us all some visibility as to the timescales. Once firm long-term decisions are finalised, I imagine one of the Big Cheeses - Sam or James - will come on the Forum & let us know. Doubt it will be for a while yet though.

• Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    Good to hear it's here to stay for now at least. I would definitely miss it!
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    Good news.
    When will sky be visiting Cardiff?
  • Options
    wynne1938 said:

Good news.
    When will sky be visiting Cardiff?

Not for the foreseeable future, wynne, but never say never...
  • Options
    HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
    great news about SPTs for 2020 at least 3 more... fingers crossed for more but grateful for everyone at sky HQ for there efforts to get info out to all players as and when possible ..
  • Options
    kidgirlgykidgirlgy Member Posts: 188
    As always Tony, your're the man that knows, an it's great that there is still the possibilty of a 10th Anniversary trip to Sin City..................... everything crossed

xx
    Sue
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    Thanks for your update.
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    I saw Andrew1947 last night Tikay at the Vic - he sends his best and will soon return to site he said so will be fun until the end ;-)

• Options
    AB0151 said:

I saw Andrew1947 last night Tikay at the Vic - he sends his best and will soon return to site he said so will be fun until the end ;-)

@AB0151

That's wonderful news, thank you. He's one of the great Sky Poker characters.
  • Options
    kidgirlgy said:

As always Tony, your're the man that knows, an it's great that there is still the possibilty of a 10th Anniversary trip to Sin City..................... everything crossed

xx
    Sue

@kidgirlgy

Yup, everything well & truly crossed, Sue.

How did it go on Sunday at the Redtooth finals, any luck?

xx
  • Options
    kidgirlgykidgirlgy Member Posts: 188
    Hi Tony,

Was last woman standing for the Rose & Crown, and with my 1,200 BB special of AK suited (Spades - I should have know) shoved for my last 12k (you start with 8k); got called by 8,7 suited and they hit the straight on the river.

This is my first and last bad beat story............ but you did ask.

See you next year

xxxxxx

Sue