You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

The Killing of Jessica Chambers.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,519
A horrible murder. Worth a watch. The police manipulate the cell phone technology, and the DNA evidence is in doubt. The jury are all over the shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r6pL7y5Ltc

Comments

• lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,968
    I watch a lot of true crime stuff as it's usually more stranger than fiction,will give this a watch later.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,526
    The American justice system is a crime in itself a lot of the time.

They've definitely got a weird way of doing things.
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 31,519

The accused in this is serving 10 years for using a stolen debit card.
    HAYSIE said:

There's not too many things worse than injustice. I would give my life for people to be treated fairly.

I'm watching The Confession Killer on Netflix right now. I want to hop on a plane and rip the Texas Rangers a new one.

HAYSIE said:

There's not too many things worse than injustice. I would give my life for people to be treated fairly.

I'm watching The Confession Killer on Netflix right now. I want to hop on a plane and rip the Texas Rangers a new one.
    Any good?
    edited December 2019
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Any good?
    It's brilliant. If you liked the Stephen Avery Netflix one you'll love this too.

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Any good?
    It's brilliant. If you liked the Stephen Avery Netflix one you'll love this too.
    Ok I will have a look in a minute.
    lucy4 said:

Some of prosecutors, and police frequently cross the line, and fit up innocent people.

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

Any good?
    I watched both of them, and its still ongoing.

His lawyer represented Ryan Ferguson on Dream Killer.

She is relentless.
    lucy4 said:

I think that there are so many hurdles that get in the way of justice in the US.

The cost of a lawyer.

The cost of expert witnesses.

The poor quality of some lawyers.

The focus of their investigations.

They put so much store in the murder weapon, and confessions.

They don't seem to care how they get a confession, or from whom they get it.

They never seem at all keen to release the not guilty.

I don't really know how our legal system compares.

I don't think I would be spoiling anything by saying the following about this case.

The crime scene investigation is very poor.

The police evidence is suspect.

When the copper in charge is giving evidence he maintains that an alternative suspect had an alibi that they accepted, yet in the next breath he admits to not knowing the time that the crime actually took place.

They adjust the cell phone data to suit the CCTV footage.

An independent expert working for the programme makers clearly states that this was ridiculous, and that this was really evidence of the defendants innocence rather than guilt.

When the emergency services arrive at the scene, the victim was asked who was responsible, to which she replied Eric, when pushed some of the witnesses quoted her as saying either Eric, or Derrick.

Around 10 witnesses were absolutely clear on this, yet the defendant was called Quinton.

It was horrendous to see how their evidence changed.

The DNA evidence was dubious.

There was DNA evidence on her car keys.

The scientist giving the evidence merely stated that the defendant could not be ruled out.

A normal DNA test was carried out and the defendants DNA could not be identified.

A further DNA test was carried out.

This test only referred to male DNA, and evidence of 4 different males was found.

It was not possible to identify any of the 4.

So they focused on the fact that he couldn't be ruled out, despite the fact that maybe 10 million other males also couldn't be ruled out.

They were unable to pin down when any of the DNA that was left on the keys.

The defendant had admitted to the police that he had previously driven the victims car, and even though his DNA was entitled to be on the keys, they were unable to identify it.

Many of the witnesses appeared to be very uncomfortable.

Some of the witnesses disappeared, and new witnesses appeared.

There was a claim by a prisoner that he had a visit from the prosecutor, who tried to persuade him to testify that the victims pet name for Quinton, the defendant was Eric.

In all these cases they seem to lose sight of the fact that a murderer is still out there.

My view is that the prosecutor should be in jail.
    Absolutely the prosecutor should be in jail. He's a **** ****.

He is a diagnosed narcissist and should never be allowed in a court room again.
    edited December 2019
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

I think that there are so many hurdles that get in the way of justice in the US.

The cost of a lawyer.

The cost of expert witnesses.

The poor quality of some lawyers.

The focus of their investigations.

They put so much store in the murder weapon, and confessions.

They don't seem to care how they get a confession, or from whom they get it.

They never seem at all keen to release the not guilty.

I don't really know how our legal system compares.

I don't think I would be spoiling anything by saying the following about this case.

The crime scene investigation is very poor.

The police evidence is suspect.

When the copper in charge is giving evidence he maintains that an alternative suspect had an alibi that they accepted, yet in the next breath he admits to not knowing the time that the crime actually took place.

They adjust the cell phone data to suit the CCTV footage.

An independent expert working for the programme makers clearly states that this was ridiculous, and that this was really evidence of the defendants innocence rather than guilt.

When the emergency services arrive at the scene, the victim was asked who was responsible, to which she replied Eric, when pushed some of the witnesses quoted her as saying either Eric, or Derrick.

Around 10 witnesses were absolutely clear on this, yet the defendant was called Quinton.

It was horrendous to see how their evidence changed.

The DNA evidence was dubious.

There was DNA evidence on her car keys.

The scientist giving the evidence merely stated that the defendant could not be ruled out.

A normal DNA test was carried out and the defendants DNA could not be identified.

A further DNA test was carried out.

This test only referred to male DNA, and evidence of 4 different males was found.

It was not possible to identify any of the 4.

So they focused on the fact that he couldn't be ruled out, despite the fact that maybe 10 million other males also couldn't be ruled out.

They were unable to pin down when any of the DNA that was left on the keys.

The defendant had admitted to the police that he had previously driven the victims car, and even though his DNA was entitled to be on the keys, they were unable to identify it.

Many of the witnesses appeared to be very uncomfortable.

Some of the witnesses disappeared, and new witnesses appeared.

There was a claim by a prisoner that he had a visit from the prosecutor, who tried to persuade him to testify that the victims pet name for Quinton, the defendant was Eric.

In all these cases they seem to lose sight of the fact that a murderer is still out there.

My view is that the prosecutor should be in jail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vl0bHj0o3I
    Just finished binge watching this,in my opinion it's a hard one to call guilty or not guilty.Both sides put forward some good arguments for their cases but I feel the defence missed a lot of opportunities to home in on certain parts of the prosecutors case,which even I could see needed challenging.The thing that sticks with me,is the defendants numerous change of stories once confronted with further evidence.Having said that I don't think there was enough evidence to convict beyond reasonable doubt.
    lucy4 said:

Just finished binge watching this,in my opinion it's a hard one to call guilty or not guilty.Both sides put forward some good arguments for their cases but I feel the defence missed a lot of opportunities to home in on certain parts of the prosecutors case,which even I could see needed challenging.The thing that sticks with me,is the defendants numerous change of stories once confronted with further evidence.Having said that I don't think there was enough evidence to convict beyond reasonable doubt.

The Prosecutor seemed to be able to heavily influence the witnesses.

I think the biggest stumbling block for the prosecution, at least in trial one, was the clear way that 10 witnesses all testified that the victim said that the perpetrator was called Eric. This was the case for the overwhelming majority, with a couple suggesting that she had said Eric, or Dereck.
    This is a huge hurdle to get over when the defendant is called Quinton.

I think the defence in trial two, should have shown the jury a video comparison of these witnesses testimony, and how it changed from trial one, to trial two. It was so incredible that what was clearly "Eric" in the first trial, became an incoherent mumble in the second trial.

The cell phone evidence was bogus, and the real expert claimed it proved the defendants innocence.
    This was not exploited by the defence.

It seems that the prosecution was clutching at straws in the second trial, when they produced a new witness to say that she saw a black man, that she couldn't identify, walking where the defendant might have been walking, if he had committed the crime. This witness could only create more reasonable doubt.

It would not surprise me if The Prosecutor did attempt to persuade the defendants cell mate to testify that the victims pet name for the defendant was Eric. Had the jury believed this, it may have swung the verdict.

I cant remember his story changing, but its been a while now, and I am getting old.

I don't believe that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
    He changed his original story from that he didn't meet her in the evening to yes he did meet her that evening when evidence was produced in his later interviews,that for me raises issues.Another strange twist to the story was that his sister had 'Eric' tattooed on her hand and claimed it to be an ex boyfriend who has since disappeared and untraceable,could that have been her nickname for her brother? Perhaps they should hold a Civil Trial (like O.J. Simpson) to determine the probability of guilty or innocent.
    lucy4 said:

He changed his original story from that he didn't meet her in the evening to yes he did meet her that evening when evidence was produced in his later interviews,that for me raises issues.Another strange twist to the story was that his sister had 'Eric' tattooed on her hand and claimed it to be an ex boyfriend who has since disappeared and untraceable,could that have been her nickname for her brother? Perhaps they should hold a Civil Trial (like O.J. Simpson) to determine the probability of guilty or innocent.

Another twist.

Jessica Chambers' boyfriend is shot and killed five years after she was burned to death
    The former boyfriend of Jessica Chambers was found shot to death Friday
    Travis Sanford, 33, was jailed when Chambers was burned to death in 2014
    He was shot to death early Friday at a home in Courtland, Mississippi
    A suspect has been taken into custody, but hasn't been charged yet
    The suspect in Chambers' death, Quentin Tellis has been tried twice but on both occasions the trial resulted in a hung jury

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6816707/Jessica-Chambers-boyfriend-shot-killed-five-years-burned-death.html
    Mystery hitchhiker is latest twist in trial of teen cheerleader burned alive

The mystery deepened in the horrific murder of 19-year-old Jessica Chambers when new details emerged about a stranger flagging down a car for a ride the night she was burned alive.
    The bombshell revelation was introduced Wednesday at the murder retrial for Quinton Tellis, who allegedly had sex with and killed Chambers in December 2014 on a rural road in Courtland, Mississippi.

Tellis, 29, faces capital murder charges in Panola County Circuit Court for allegedly dousing Chambers in gasoline then setting the former cheerleader and her car on fire.
    Prosecutors brought in a new witness who claimed she picked up a young man near where Chambers’ keys were found — but didn’t come forward with the information until after Tellis’ first trial, which ended in 2017 with a hung jury.
    The witness, local resident Sherry Flowers, was called to testify Wednesday and claimed she stopped on the side of the road for the stranger because she initially thought he was her cousin.
    The male hitchhiker — whom she described as black and in his early 20s — reportedly told her he needed a ride to his aunt Julia Chambers’ house, which he claimed caught fire. While not related to the victim, Julia Chambers is a distant relative of the 29-year-old defendant Tellis.

Flowers obliged because she was familiar with Julia Chambers and the home was near where he’d flagged her down in Courtland, according to her testimony.

Julia Chambers also took the stand Wednesday, confirming that firefighters paid a visit to her home the evening that Jessica Chambers was killed. She said that her home had become filled with smoke in a separate incident involving a microwave.
    Enlarge Image

Ben Chambers, father of Jessica Chambers, breaks down during testimony in the retrial.
    AP
    But Julia Chambers claimed that it has “been a while” since she saw Tellis and he never appeared at her home the night of the murder.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/26/mystery-hitchhiker-is-latest-twist-in-trial-of-teen-cheerleader-burned-alive/
    Why Laqunta Tellis' Tattoo Is Shocking Online Sleuths Of Jessica Chambers' Murder

Laqunta Tellis’ “Eric” tattoo has viewers of “Unspeakable Crime: The Killing of Jessica Chambers” asking questions on social media.

Eric Hill, according to a police warrant obtained by Oxygen.com, was a key informant in the Meing-Chen Hsiao murder investigation in Louisiana.

https://www.oxygen.com/unspeakable-crime-the-killing-of-jessica-chambers/crime-time/why-laqunta-tellis-tattoo-is-shocking