You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Greyhound Racing

Greyhound racing coverage is now restricted and doesn't cover all tracks. I have been told that this is part of Skybets future strategy.

When asked for comment on Help was given this message;

"Sorry to hear that, but not being able to watch the race would not impact the outcome"

If this is the standard reply from Skybet then I for one am not amused.

As a long term user of Skbet I will have to consider my own future strategy as I am sure will many others.

Comments

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,593
    I guess that this will not interest most poker players. However, it applies to horse racing as well as greyhounds.

A poker analogy would be like betting on the river but never being able to see whether you had actually won the hand. Just relying on someone letting you know sometime later if you won or lost with no details attached.

Perhaps that will come next?
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    tai-gar said:

Greyhound racing coverage is now restricted and doesn't cover all tracks. I have been told that this is part of Skybets future strategy.

"Sorry to hear that, but not being able to watch the race would not impact the outcome"

As a long term user of Skbet I will have to consider my own future strategy as I am sure will many others.

This comment is extremely poor by anyone who works in Customer Care, and I'm surprised there hasn't been any replies to your post tai-gar. I hate having to say this, because I really like SKYBET, as they are very good for the type of betting I do, but I would be putting a complaint in with Customer Care, particularly for the attitude shown, so that the matter can be dealt with properly

I totally agree with you, and if it was me I would be looking elsewhere to place my bets on the Dogs, which I'm sure is something that SKYBET wouldn't want, though from what you say, it sounds like this is their new Policy.

One of the main reasons for placing a bet for the majority of us, is to watch what we are betting on, and having the excitement and adrenaline rush of whether we Win or Lose. Watching the event live gives you that. I know so many more people bet online nowadays, but if this is the new policy of some online betting firms, maybe there is hope for the betting Shops on the High Street.

• Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    agree100%, isaid 2 a few mates that like a 2 have a go (some pretty heavy hitters)there would b a mass closure of highstreet bookmakers within 5 years. but if u cant watch the horse/dog race live i no most have sky,also wtf on some races theres no jocks colours or info.dont get me wrong iv got the post 2 look at but 4 those that just like a punt they wanna c were there moneys gone
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

tai-gar said:

This comment is extremely poor by anyone who works in Customer Care, and I'm surprised there hasn't been any replies to your post tai-gar. I hate having to say this, because I really like SKYBET, as they are very good for the type of betting I do, but I would be putting a complaint in with Customer Care, particularly for the attitude shown, so that the matter can be dealt with properly

I totally agree with you, and if it was me I would be looking elsewhere to place my bets on the Dogs, which I'm sure is something that SKYBET wouldn't want, though from what you say, it sounds like this is their new Policy.

One of the main reasons for placing a bet for the majority of us, is to watch what we are betting on, and having the excitement and adrenaline rush of whether we Win or Lose. Watching the event live gives you that. I know so many more people bet online nowadays, but if this is the new policy of some online betting firms, maybe there is hope for the betting Shops on the High Street.

Already reopened my account with William Hill where you can watch all of the dog and horse racing free without even having to place a bet.

Can't see how Skybet have missed out on this??????????

Perhaps it is a negotiating ploy? But in the meantime I am sure that they will miss out.
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

agree100%, isaid 2 a few mates that like a 2 have a go (some pretty heavy hitters)there would b a mass closure of highstreet bookmakers within 5 years. but if u cant watch the horse/dog race live i no most have sky,also wtf on some races theres no jocks colours or info.dont get me wrong iv got the post 2 look at but 4 those that just like a punt they wanna c were there moneys gone

Sure is very poor coverage altogether. I just don't get their logic.