You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Bigger Tourneys during lockdown.

13»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,181
    edited April 2020
    tai-gar said:

@Tikay10

Ok thanks. It was more of a suggestion for future.

Sunday seems to be a very well thought out day, and gives maximum chances to the players looking to sat in, that maybe wouldn't buy in.
    The sats start early, and allow players to qualify for the first semi early.
    There are 3 semis every Sunday.
    The 7.30 start time probably means you have to lose one semi.
    Is there a reason for the 7.30 start?
    If this tourney and the main both started at 8pm, it wouldn't affect players that planned to play both, or those that planned to play only one, but would allow a third semi.

So if it was up to me, it would an 8pm start, and the sats exactly the same as every Sunday on both days.

If you compare this to today, the sats start at 2.30, two semis, and very few feeders into the late reg semi.

What is the difference between Saturday, and Sunday?
    What is the difference between Friday, and Sunday, since the lockdown started?
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,593
    HAYSIE said:

tai-gar said:

@Tikay10

Sunday seems to be a very well thought out day, and gives maximum chances to the players looking to sat in, that maybe wouldn't buy in.
    If this tourney and the main both started at 8pm, it wouldn't affect players that planned to play both, or those that planned to play only one, but would allow a third semi.

So if it was up to me, it would an 8pm start, and the sats exactly the same as every Sunday on both days.

If you compare this to today, the sats start at 2.30, two semis, and very few feeders into the late reg semi.

Plus 1
    Totally agree
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    The mini tonight is not a rebuy? Gutted lol.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,181
    tai-gar said:

HAYSIE said:

tai-gar said:

@Tikay10

Plus 1
    Totally agree
    That doesn't happen often.
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Hi @Tikay10
    Did you notice the PLO8 £5.50 BH had 103 runners tonight. Just saying.....
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    do you think there is room for a £22 PLO8 one somewhere? 6:30?
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240

do you think there is room for a £22 PLO8 one somewhere? 8.15?

FYP. I can rarely get started early enough, and the PLO/PLO8 games always seem to be first up in UKOPS. Maybe they always fail because they always go off before the peak time? Guess if a PLO8 tournament fails at peak time in the middle of a boom then Sky get the answer once and for all.

Is there any reason these big tournaments start on the hour or half hour?

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573
    Doooobs said:

do you think there is room for a £22 PLO8 one somewhere? 8.15?

FYP. I can rarely get started early enough, and the PLO/PLO8 games always seem to be first up in UKOPS. Maybe they always fail because they always go off before the peak time? Guess if a PLO8 tournament fails at peak time in the middle of a boom then Sky get the answer once and for all.

Is there any reason these big tournaments start on the hour or half hour?

@Doooobs

Well I suppose the same reason that TV shows or News begin on the hour or half hour, these are deemed to be the prime slots and work well with our minds, nice & easy to remember. "News at Ten" works so much better than "News at Ten Fifteen".

I'm just surmising of course, I don't really know & have never thought to challenge it.

• Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    Cheers @tikay10. Was just thinking there might be a constraint in the software from big tournaments going off too near each other. Not that too much size will be an issue with a PLO8 tournament. So theoretically a PLO8 tournament could go off at 8.15.