You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Your Daily Question, Wednesday April 15th. Most prized possession?

2»

Comments

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    @waller02 not a smoker but so pardon the q..is the vape machine a substitute or to wean a smoker off the addiction?
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    edited April 2020
    Glenelg said:

@waller02 not a smoker but so pardon the q..is the vape machine a substitute or to wean a smoker off the addiction?

It is a substitute. You put nicotine shots in the liquid you vape. You can wean yourself off the nicotine but I have been vaping for a few years now and still have the nicotine.

You literally never feel like having a smoke again though and the evidence suggests it is far less harmful.

I would recommend anybody who wants to quit smoking to start vaping. I tried everything to quit and nothing worked. The nicotine patches were great, but that is only a 3 month treatment and the second the last patch was removed I just started smoking again as the cravings return almost instantly.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    waller02 said:

It has served me well. I wont fork out for a new while that one still works.

I think you'd be surprised how much better a lot of the newer gear is in terms of flavour, battery life and coil life. And my standard recommendation for all the vapers I know: upgrade to a rebuildable atomizer, you'll save a fortune on coils and it's very easy to do.

Two very different people here, though. I've bought at least ten different atomizers and 5 or 6 mods in the last year.
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

waller02 said:

It has served me well. I wont fork out for a new while that one still works.

I think you'd be surprised how much better a lot of the newer gear is in terms of flavour, battery life and coil life. And my standard recommendation for all the vapers I know: upgrade to a rebuildable atomizer, you'll save a fortune on coils and it's very easy to do.

Two very different people here, though. I've bought at least ten different atomizers and 5 or 6 mods in the last year.
    That's only my 2nd ever mod. It's not too bad. 0.2 ohm coil, gives a decent enough vape, but yeah certainly dated. I have a go on some mods in the shop I get my juice from but I'm too tight to upgrade while the one I have still works.

My first tank had rebuildable coils, but the tank itself was awful and always leaked.

Do you make your own liquid? It's something I toyed with in the past but could never really be arsed in the end, even though it would be cheaper.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

That's only my 2nd ever mod. It's not too bad. 0.2 ohm coil, gives a decent enough vape, but yeah certainly dated. I have a go on some mods in the shop I get my juice from but I'm too tight to upgrade while the one I have still works.

My first tank had rebuildable coils, but the tank itself was awful and always leaked.

Do you make your own liquid? It's something I toyed with in the past but could never really be arsed in the end, even though it would be cheaper.

I've considered getting into DIY liquid. My favourite juices are on the expensive side and I've started using an RDA recently that absolutely tears through the stuff, but I don't think I would have the patience for it. I want to get a bottle and start vaping it now, not wait however long for it to steep. I'm still spending significantly less on wire, cotton and juice than I used to on tobacco, so I'm pretty happy to just buy it.

What are your favourite juices?
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

waller02 said:

I've considered getting into DIY liquid. My favourite juices are on the expensive side and I've started using an RDA recently that absolutely tears through the stuff, but I don't think I would have the patience for it. I want to get a bottle and start vaping it now, not wait however long for it to steep. I'm still spending significantly less on wire, cotton and juice than I used to on tobacco, so I'm pretty happy to just buy it.

Fruity, menthol based ones. How about you? I get one called Black Magic the shop owner makes himself. It's sort of like a mixed fruit menthol and it tastes amazing.

Looking at the Show us your grinding stn thread, I see that @Duesenberg makes his own liquid so it can't be that difficult if he can make it.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727
    waller02 said:

NOSTRI said:

waller02 said:

Fruity, menthol based ones. How about you? I get one called Black Magic the shop owner makes himself. It's sort of like a mixed fruit menthol and it tastes amazing.

Looking at the Show us your grinding stn thread, I see that @Duesenberg makes his own liquid so it can't be that difficult if he can make it.

Mucho recommend DIY liquid
    Daughters Bf makes ours, costs us £30 per litre for flavouring with PG, then add nicotine ( use PG based nicotine not VG)
    @NOSTRI - this will save you shed loads , my daughter and her bf have ‘ RDA’s’ and they’re forever topping them up.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

It's easy enough, but not as easy as ordering it premade!

I like my fruity menthols too. I vape a lost of Nasty Salts' Hippie Trail and Slow Blow and Wick Liquor's Boulevard Shattered. I'm also partial to Ohm Boy's Valencia Orange and Passionfruit, Dinner Lady Lemon Tart, Pacha Mama Strawberry, Guava and Jackfruit, and Yogi Lemon Granola.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,556
    NOSTRI said:

waller02 said:

It's easy enough, but not as easy as ordering it premade!

I like my fruity menthols too. I vape a lost of Nasty Salts' Hippie Trail and Slow Blow and Wick Liquor's Boulevard Shattered. I'm also partial to Ohm Boy's Valencia Orange and Passionfruit, Dinner Lady Lemon Tart, Pacha Mama Strawberry, Guava and Jackfruit, and Yogi Lemon Granola.
    Omg i feel i need to take up smoking.. Just so i can give up & start vaping.....
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Can't stop on this thread with all this smoke.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    As it's a new day .... hopefully you don't mind me ending the thread with ......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mrs MISTY for 15th April ....... The first time She's not been able to go out and Party on her Birthday since she was old enough to DRINK ....

...... just a couple of Years ago I know :)
  • Options
    Can you insert this above my last post?

The PORSCHE 911 SSE that I (sort of) bought myself for my 30th Birthday was an AWESOME and probably the best possession I ever had.......

I'd decided I didn't want to be an Old Fogey driving a REAL car around :)
  • Options
    ...........but without doubt my most prized possession

......... MY MEMORIES :)
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159

The one on the right was an 18th birthday present from grandparents and the one on the left was a 30th from my parents.