You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Abit Too Tight or Just Right for ICM? Off Table Work: Final Table Review

suneel7suneel7 Member Posts: 52
edited December 2021 in Strategy

Comments

• Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Hi Suneel, watched the first 10mins, enjoyed the chatty style!

If you're looking to calculate ICM you need to use a programme that models ICM such as HRC or ICMizer. Think both have free calculators or x number of free calculations per day or something. Trying to make these calculations won't work in Equilab :)

Using an ICM calculator you have to plug in the payouts and stack sizes and it makes the calculations based on these. I think you might be surprised at some of the results, especially when there are three even stacks and one guy chilling on 3bb!

Glgl
  • suneel7suneel7 Member Posts: 52

If you're looking to calculate ICM you need to use a programme that models ICM such as HRC or ICMizer. Think both have free calculators or x number of free calculations per day or something. Trying to make these calculations won't work in Equilab :)

Using an ICM calculator you have to plug in the payouts and stack sizes and it makes the calculations based on these. I think you might be surprised at some of the results, especially when there are three even stacks and one guy chilling on 3bb!

Glgl

Hi Angmar,

That's brilliant. I'll look into those, thank you for that. GL!

Glgl

Thanks for taking the time.
    Update:

All the key hands here 'ICMIZED': 9 spots and 7 of them we misplayed xD - That's based on our opponents playing ' Fundamentally Sound Poker'

But they for sure were not! So to be fair to us and our explotitive ranges were probably 7/9 correctly played vs villan. Not bad, but also good know to know the optimum.

Thanks @Angmar2626 + @asmithx