You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

What would you do?

murray69murray69 Member Posts: 436
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

Helloooo, i still dont get how to post a hand on here coz im thick so ill just explain :)

I was playin in a tournament the other day, i was 2nd out of 19 had around 8k chip leader had around 10k, the guy who was in 3rd had around 7,500 he was on my table. anyway im on the BB and pick up pocket kings, the guy 1st to act goes all in for about 1k, blinds were 100/200, the guy who has 7500 calls, then everyone else folds except me, i decide to go all in for 8k, the guy instacalls me for his last 6500, he turns over pocket jacks, the guy that was all in for 1k had ace 7, anyway i was winning till the river when the JACK popped up, turns out he ended up winnin the tournament.

Question 1. should i have gone all in with my kings?
Question 2. Would you call with your jacks?

thanks

murray

Comments

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    Yes you should raise it up to isolate, if the guy is holding A J, A Q, A 10 or lower pair then he probably lays it down.

Would i call with Jacks? Don't know. Would depend on how i thought of you to be honest, i have called in that situation before if a player has already done things like raise to isolate with k 10 or similar ( i see this all the time with big stacks just doubling up short stacks after raising everybody out of the pot) , I did however lay down a reasonable pocket pair last night against someone doing the same.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    1. i would be inclined to fold my kings because that darn river also knocks me out!
    2. no
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited March 2010

Yes I play the kings the same way - I might even make a standard raise, as the short stack is so short, I wont get full value for my kings if the other guy folds......

Could make it 3k to go then shove any flop without an ace. Its gambling abit - and Im always playing for first, so don't mind taking the occasional risk/horror beat to try and maximise the value of strong hands which dont come around too often. 

The guys play with jacks is confusing though......the jacks here are not strong enough to trap/play slowly.....I would be raising the action with the jacks, to isolate the short stack. He wuld be unlucky to run into kings behind, but, thats poker.

Don't worry about ur play here though - standard stuff, and ul.

DOHH
  • Options
    WHOAMI196WHOAMI196 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited March 2010
    In Response to What would you do?:
    Helloooo, i still dont get how to post a hand on here coz im thick so ill just explain :) Posted by murray69
    haha lol im not sure either m8 maybe coz im new to this site tho or most probably im jus thick like u lol. As for ur question i think DOHHHH summed it up pretty well, u didnt do nawt  wrong really hand played itself.