You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Would you call three all ins here like this?

diamondleediamondlee Member Posts: 68
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
pdavo100Small blind50.0050.002015.00
bazvegas25Big blind100.00150.0021032.50
Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q
Headman555Fold
Themajor68Fold
REDS22All-in1915.002065.000.00
diamondleeAll-in3622.505687.500.00
pdavo100All-in2015.007702.500.00
bazvegas25Call3522.5011225.0017510.00
pdavo100Show
  • A
bazvegas25Show
REDS22Show
  • A
diamondleeShow
  • K
  • Q
Flop
  • Q
Turn
River
  • A
bazvegas25WinFlush to the Ace11225.0028735.00

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    100%

In fact with a stack that big I'd be quite excited to go for the spin with 89dd here, even more so if it's a BH (which I assume it is)

If it is a BH then there is an argument for calling with almost any 2.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Agree completely with @hhyftrftdr

With that stack and given the bounties it really is a no brainer.

In fact with bounties to consider you only have to be right a small % of the time for this to be profitable long term.
  • Options
    It was a deepstack tournament... Thanks for the input! I just thought it was a crazy call at the time.. I need to widen my range with a big stack in the future by the looks of it..
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    It’s a maniac call in a deep stack. Your reshove is already a bit wide imo!
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    Strangely, on the actual holdings, the call is actually right-you are (surprisingly) favourite to win the hand.

But, typically, you are going to be miles behind. Fold.
  • Options
    Thanks. The table was wild from what I can remember. I can't help myself sometimes I never get any cards for ages then get involved lol!
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,276
    So people are happy to put their tourney life on the line 35BB deep with 89 suited after 3 all ins before us? I suppose win and we've got 2 bounties and effectively more than a triple up our stack, lose and we just fire up another tourney and forget about it.

Personally, I fold the 89 suited there.

I'd also agree with @bbMike, the KQ reshove is a bit wide, but so is the initial 19BB shove with A3 and the all in with A6. I wouldn't want to go to war with any of those hands in those positions but what do I know? (Nothing is the answer).

I'm guessing the buy in was pretty small?
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Enut said:

So people are happy to put their tourney life on the line 35BB deep with 89 suited after 3 all ins before us? I suppose win and we've got 2 bounties and effectively more than a triple up our stack, lose and we just fire up another tourney and forget about it.

I'd also agree with @bbMike, the KQ reshove is a bit wide, but so is the initial 19BB shove with A3 and the all in with A6. I wouldn't want to go to war with any of those hands in those positions but what do I know? (Nothing is the answer).

the guy who called with 89 suited has 200bb.If no bounties like this situation i probably dont bother here, no brainer if there is bounties.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Diamondlee, ignore some of these old nits above.

The whole hand is a bit crazy with people shoving/reshoving/overcalling far too light (this is why I assumed it was a BH), but as its played out I think the villain flicking it in with 89dd is absolutely fine.

If people fold 89dd in this spot then they can't be getting any enjoyment out of the game. Spin to win.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,276
    PKRPar said:

Enut said:

the guy who called with 89 suited has 200bb.If no bounties like this situation i probably dont bother here, no brainer if there is bounties.
    Ah my bad, I missed that in the HH. His call is fine then. I stand by my comments about the other hands though, but as pointed out I am an old nit.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    If it’s a bounty hunter it’s all ok. Just think it’s a bit on the wild side for a freeze out. But then I’ve not enjoyed a game since 2015 :D
  • Options
    thanks for the advice people.. Much appreciated! It was a 2.20 deep stack.. 5000 chip start a long haul! so people when do you likely shove bb wise, under 20bb or maybe under 15bb?? let me know :smiley:
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171

thanks for the advice people.. Much appreciated! It was a 2.20 deep stack.. 5000 chip start a long haul! so people when do you likely shove bb wise, under 20bb or maybe under 15bb?? let me know :smiley:

Depends on how many are left, relative stacks, and also table make up.

I have won some £2.20 deeps usually from a shortish stack. If theres 2 tables left and the majority of the tourney big stacks are on the other table to you, then snug down cos at some point they're going to start a di k swinging thing.

If you're a real short ie under 10 bigs then wait until you're otb and shove any 2 you will usually be getting good odds especially if someone has limped or even better raised in front as you'll often be multiway.

Between 10 and 20 just play a.b.c. with one proviso. Never limp in but remember any hand you raise with you are basically committed to see it through.

If you're shortstacked with more than 20 players left you really just have to gamble and look for a chance to get live cards into a multiway 8d9d for example and hope for the best. If you're lucky opponents will all have similar holdings leaving you with more equity.