You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Your Daily Question 23rd April. Rate how the Supermarkets have coped with the Covid crisis

2»

Comments

• Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,593
    NChanning said:

Definitely was serious Tai-Gar. Not sure why you thought I wasn't. I'm also not sure why anyone would want to encourage more people to go to supermarkets to risk their own health, the health of all supermarket staff and the families of both parties health. If I was running a major supermarket and I found there was a huge increase in demand for deliveries at the same time that a huge number of people needed jobs and a huge number of vans were idle I'd simply employ more order pickers, more van drivers and put on more delivery slots. I'd do that to protect the health of my staff and my customers and at the same time matching supply to demand.

You may not be aware that supermarkets have increased their delivery slots dramatically but just can't seem keep up with demand.

My daughter works at a large supermarket and has experienced the virus first hand. She brought it home was very poorly for 4 weeks, gave it to our grandchildren and has had to take holiday time to look after them.

We are isolated from all of them and find that very difficult indeed.

I have heard of many people playing the delivery system and can't believe that they can be so selfish and uncaring for those in real need.

Keep safe.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Maybe time for a new ambo?
    What's Boris Becker up to these days?

(I jest of course, Channing is alright)