You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Newcastle Utd Takeover.

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,972
So the Premier League look likely to approve the sale of Newcastle to a consortium allegedly involved in the ongoing piracy of sports across the world by the company beoutQ.

Comments

• pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    The writer starts off on the human rights issue, which should be enough to block the deal in itself, then moves on to the " real " issue....... MONEY.
    In this case dirty money, the government , probably scared that some multi million or billion pound deal will be scuppered if they intervene, were never going to get involved. If you are expecting the Premier League to do anything, you are in for a very very long wait. Their " fit and proper " owners test has failed how many times? My own team fell foul to that test a number of times, we nearly lost our football club thanks to them. Sadly I expect the deal to go through, It will tarnish a great club, with fanatical supporters, who , having been starved of any real success for so long, will probably welcome the takeover.
    From a fan that knows, the St. James' pitch is not always greener ......
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    pompeynic said:

The writer starts off on the human rights issue, which should be enough to block the deal in itself, then moves on to the " real " issue....... MONEY.
    In this case dirty money, the government , probably scared that some multi million or billion pound deal will be scuppered if they intervene, were never going to get involved. If you are expecting the Premier League to do anything, you are in for a very very long wait. Their " fit and proper " owners test has failed how many times? My own team fell foul to that test a number of times, we nearly lost our football club thanks to them. Sadly I expect the deal to go through, It will tarnish a great club, with fanatical supporters, who , having been starved of any real success for so long, will probably welcome the takeover.
    From a fan that knows, the St. James' pitch is not always greener ......

As you know Nic, these things are all about TIMING! 💩🤪👹👿
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 6,972
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,296
    Sorry...I can’t believe any Saudi resident would waste £80 to watch The Toon....🤪