You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Is this sort of thing allowed?

I was playing a Double Your Money game and it was on the bubble. I was a short stack and went all in. There were 2 big stacks behind me and one of them said in the chat "you call I call". Is this allowed or can it be classed as collusion?

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030
    edited April 2020
    It's a bit naughty really @Aerionz

It's often correct to play that way, but it should never be "spoken" in the chat box.

I doubt it was deliberate cheating though, more likely they just don't know the rules.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    It happens a lot in DYMs. Everyone is kind of implicitly colluding against the short stack.

In this case the guy decided to collude explicitly, but the results would be the same.
  • AerionzAerionz Member Posts: 84
    Thanks @Tikay10 so I will report it if they keep doing it, but let it go this time.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030
    edited April 2020
    Aerionz said:

Thanks @Tikay10 so I will report it if they keep doing it, but let it go this time.

@Aerionz

Exactly right.

As Kap says, it's part of DYM strategy to do that, but it should never be written in the chat box.
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297

It happens a lot in DYMs. Everyone is kind of implicitly colluding against the short stack.

In this case the guy decided to collude explicitly, but the results would be the same.

Hmm..not necessarily the same results because without the verbal prompt, there may have only been 1 caller or none if the first to act wasn’t sure....I’m cool with implicit but not explicit...
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Yes. Sadly, somehow Donald Trump was elected President of The United States of America.