You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Calling All Ins During Bounty Hunters

pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
Hi All,
As you may have noticed, I have started to post some hands recently, some of my questions may seem basic, but, I do not have anybody I can talk to, other than the forum about these and I am trying to improve my game, so any advice or tips are very much appreciated.
The following two hands were in A £5.50 Mini UKOPS BH last night. Normally I would fold both hands, especially if it was not a BH, however, recently I have been wondering if I am playing too passively, I have seen some remarkable calls which have gone on to win , so, I took some time last night before calling the first one, it was not a massive dent to my stack and I thought I would have straight and possible flush opportunities to take the bounty, as well as hoping to have two "live" cards, I think it was right to call, what do you think?
The second hand I raise under the gun rather than flat calling, which I thought was correct, then faced the shove, this was for a large portion of my stack and on reflection, I think I should have folded . Again any thoughts?
I am also unsure why the second hand has not been reproduced the same as the first.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
lilzaneSmall blind400.00400.008875.00
pompeynicBig blind800.001200.0013840.00
Your hole cards
MynaFrettFold
bignath90Fold
cleverkevAll-in2555.003755.000.00
PlzFoldFold
lilzaneFold
pompeynicCall1755.005510.0012085.00
pompeynicShow
cleverkevShow
  • A
Flop
  • K
Turn
River
cleverkevWinAce high5510.005510.00
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
PlzFoldSmall blind400.00400.009495.00
lilzaneBig blind800.001200.009275.00
Your hole cards
pompeynicRaise1600.002800.0011285.00
MynaFrettFold
bignath90Fold
cleverkevAll-in5510.008310.000.00
PlzFoldFold
lilzaneFold
pompeynicCall3910.0012220.007375.00
pompeynicShow
cleverkevShow
  • A
  • A
Flop
  • Q
  • K
Turn
River
cleverkevWinPair of Aces12220.0012220.00

Comments

• Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 865
    First hand I'd probs call even in a non bounty hunter freezeout - you're getting 2.1:1 on a call, so need 32% equity pre flop before the bounty equity is even considered- you're almost always better than 32% equity anyway, bounty equity makes this a snap call. I'd be calling 72o here for what its worth

Second hand is a little trickier. You only have 15/16bbs so shoving isn't bad. On Sky with zero antes though I can get behind min raising, only if the other stacks on the table have you covered - we can then fold if they're on the tighter side and they jam, and call off against anyone shorter than you. If no other stacks have you covered this is a fairly easy shove pre imo. Once you min raise and get the shove from cleverkev with 7bbs you should be high fiving all your mates before calling
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    Allan23 said:

First hand I'd probs call even in a non bounty hunter freezeout - you're getting 2.1:1 on a call, so need 32% equity pre flop before the bounty equity is even considered- you're almost always better than 32% equity anyway, bounty equity makes this a snap call. I'd be calling 72o here for what its worth

Second hand is a little trickier. You only have 15/16bbs so shoving isn't bad. On Sky with zero antes though I can get behind min raising, only if the other stacks on the table have you covered - we can then fold if they're on the tighter side and they jam, and call off against anyone shorter than you. If no other stacks have you covered this is a fairly easy shove pre imo. Once you min raise and get the shove from cleverkev with 7bbs you should be high fiving all your mates before calling

What he said :)
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Yeah, what @Allan23 said!
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    +3.5 I Haven't got TIME for all of me to agree >:)
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,404
    Yea, pretty much what everyone else is saying.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    madprof said:

+3.5 I Haven't got TIME for all of me to agree >:)

That's the problem with multiple personalities, sometimes they don't all agree. :)
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,176
    edited May 2020
    Hi Nic.... hope you're keeping well mate. :)

You have to post the hands seperately, on different posts. I'm not techy so I don't know why, but if you post 2 hands on a single post, the second one always comes out incomplete. Obviously down to the software.
    (On Chrome that is)

GOOD LUCK
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    What @mumsie said that @MattBates said about what @Allan23 said.