You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Multi Table Lag

First forum post but long time Sky Poker and midlands live player, recent Corona boom returnee to the Sky tables.

If I'm playing 6+ tables I get a lot of lag, not just in actions, but in the client responding to my inputs. A little over half a second I reckon is regular. Not much, but multi tabling it makes a big difference. I time out open folded KK this evening...

Curious if any multi tablers / Tikay / Tech Team can make any suggestions to improve this? I saw a post from 2017 reporting similar, but that was a while ago, I don't see much else... I play on the desktop client, Windows 10, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM which I feel should be good enough. At 12 tables I'm only using 4GB memory, but open to getting another stick of RAM if need be.

And general feedback... I'm out of the loop on any Stars merger client side, but for what little it's worth I think there is a big enough niche in the market for Sky to continue standalone for UK & Ireland, without HUD support etc. Were it not for Sky, I'd play hardly any online poker at all bar a few Stars comps.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,614

@RoilFlush

Hi Bud, & welcome to the Forum.

Sorry to hear you've had a few problems.

There are some little annoying glitches with the software but you seem to be suffering much worse than most. I'll @ a very helpful chap who might be able to assist you with some work-arounds.

@mumsie

As to the future, we will have to see, but yes, the plan is very much for Sky Poker to continue as a stand-alone. Watch this space, as the saying goes.
  • RoilFlushRoilFlush Member Posts: 12
    Cheers Tikay. Good news on Sky staying standalone!

On the lag. I did find some other threads after searching (I didn't see the forum search before, only google). I turned down all my graphics settings in windows and turned off detailed table animations (but I don't think that made any difference to mini view). The next few sessions were good but I have lag again in the last two.

If anyone does have any more suggestions I'll be grateful, else I'll have to wind down the number of tables if it starts lagging.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,317
    Hi @RoilFlush , Ive just spotted this.

I hardly ever use the client.

Have you tried multi tabling through just the browser?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,614
    edited May 2020
    RoilFlush said:

Cheers Tikay. Good news on Sky staying standalone!

On the lag. I did find some other threads after searching (I didn't see the forum search before, only google). I turned down all my graphics settings in windows and turned off detailed table animations (but I don't think that made any difference to mini view). The next few sessions were good but I have lag again in the last two.

If anyone does have any more suggestions I'll be grateful, else I'll have to wind down the number of tables if it starts lagging.

Well that's the plan I believe, but we shall have to see, it's not guaranteed by any means, but I believe that's the route they are looking at. Am pretty sure Sky Poker, whilst it may change, won't be disappearing any time soon.

• JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    edited May 2020
    Hi there,

You may have seen a post or two from me in your research about something similar to this before... i'm afraid lag when multi tabling is bad here, very common.

For me, after the lag, the software then totally dies after 45 mins of multi tabling DYM's and I have to restart the client; sometimes the client doesn't restart at all and I then have to switch to the internet version, which isn't as good at all because you have to load them all up separately as if they are different internet tabs; the tabs also dont flash/pop up when its time to act and so when loading one up and then going back to the lobby to load the others up (all one by one obviously), you miss hands etc...

What I do now is I have kinda mastered when it goes down - usually around 40-45 minutes into a session of 8-12 tables, so if I dont have any big hands i tend to close it down myself before it closes on me (rather do it this way than see the aces and then it crashes causing rage tilt haha).

Its a ballache, but I have learnt to live with it as overall the games are great here at Sky.

I have said it before but will say it again - I am surprised Sky haven't fixed this as players would most definitely have left the site because of this issue, I have switched sites myself because of it before, but end up crawling back as I love the DYM games too much.

I can only advise getting a new computer with a monster memory and fast processor, whilst also upgrading your internet and see if that helps, I have a pretty high spec computer myself so am scared to invest in a new one and have the same problem (which i suspect will happen).
  • RoilFlushRoilFlush Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2020
    Thanks Mumsie and Jacquelyn.

I've experimented a little with the browser, also with the client open at the same time. So far so good, will see if I have any issues. I had always assumed browser would be inferior... I have two screens so fortunately I can keep the lobby and tables separate.
    Jacquelyn said:

For me, after the lag, the software then totally dies after 45 mins of multi tabling DYM's and I have to restart the client; sometimes the client doesn't restart at all and I then have to switch to the internet version, which isn't as good at all because you have to load them all up separately as if they are different internet tabs; the tabs also dont flash/pop up when its time to act and so when loading one up and then going back to the lobby to load the others up (all one by one obviously), you miss hands etc...

What I do now is I have kinda mastered when it goes down - usually around 40-45 minutes into a session of 8-12 tables, so if I dont have any big hands i tend to close it down myself before it closes on me (rather do it this way than see the aces and then it crashes causing rage tilt haha).

Yeah man whenever after a little lag I see Network Error but I'm clearly connected... I know I have only minutes left until the crash haha

Guess I'm pragmatic Stars are unlikely to invest much in the Sky client, they have enough issues with their own in Corona boom :# . But on the other hand I think the Sky model is worth perservering with / there's potential growth with the state of the poker eco system and Party (imo) not executing their plan and client very well.