You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Another Poker Challenge

loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
Hi all,

So after a fairly swingy couple weeks I've decided to make a thread outlining some of my poker goals for the near/mid term and to have a place to review some hands. Hopefully this will allow me to take poker a little more seriously and stop **** off buy ins when I'm tilted/tired.

I don't think there's any point making a specific bankroll target as I fairly regularly withdraw (..and deposit when needed...) but I do have some ROI targets:

£2.20 - 45%
£5.50 - 40%
£11 - 37.5%
£22 - 35%
£33 - 30%

I haven't checked what the standard ROI's are for any of the buy-in levels to be honest, but I feel this is mostly achievable, considering I'll only play the Main's for £33's and some of the higher value £22's. 40% may be high for the £5.50's but gotta challenge myself somehow, eh.

I'll also play a lot of the satellites that I won't count towards the ROI targets for. It's hard to say how much I'll play over the coming months, but while furlough is continued I will try and make the most of it with poker. But, for now I will set a target of 100 tournaments a week.

I've started a google sheet to keep up to date with my progress and will post graphs whenever I can. I'm also currently looking into some sort of poker calculator to run by some situations to help me learn along the way, if anyone has any recommendations please give me a shout. I've 'studied' poker before a while ago, but haven't gone into the lab in years, I'd be really interested in looking up how many preflop spots are changed by not having any antes on Sky. I feel I may be on the weaker side in terms of ICM play when it comes down to around 10 people, I feel I've had a disproportionate amount of 5-15'ths recently so perhaps that's something I need to work on.

I love the Midnight Express and have spun up decent stacks multiple times but always miss coming top three so I'll throw in an arbitrary goal of binking this one.

Recap of Goals:
- ROI targets
- 100 tournaments a week
- Stop tilting on chat
- Win the Midnight Express

I'll try and update whenever seems appropriate.

GL at the tables.

Loose

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,443
    Good luck with this, will watch with interest.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,965

GL Mr Camel, I saw you finalled the Mid Ex last night actually. Let's hope the win comes soon.
  • Options
    DrudkhDrudkh Member Posts: 113
    Good luck with this! seen you plenty at the tables lately :)
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,742
    Good luck @loosecamel.

How do your previous ROI's look at the stakes you listed/targeted, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, over the long-run, I'd actually expect your ROI in £33 Main's to work out higher than whatever your ROI ends up being in £22's. Despite the bigger buy-in, it tends to be a softer overall field compared to the £22's given all the sat's that run for it and the rec-attracting big guarantee.
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,682
    Best of luck with this
  • Options
    CarnageCarnage Member Posts: 48
    Good luck with this camel.
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 937
    Best of luck with this. I shall be following
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. Been a swingy week again, have felt I've been on the unluckier side in some high equity spots late on, the usual instance of KK providing some annoying exits. But I don't want this thread to turn into me moaning constantly so I'll try and keep that to a minimum. I'll provide a more in depth summary tomorrow after tonights session.

Good luck @loosecamel.

How do your previous ROI's look at the stakes you listed/targeted, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, over the long-run, I'd actually expect your ROI in £33 Main's to work out higher than whatever your ROI ends up being in £22's. Despite the bigger buy-in, it tends to be a softer overall field compared to the £22's given all the sat's that run for it and the rec-attracting big guarantee.

This is a great point about the Mains, hadn't really thought of that when assigning targets. I'm unsure about ROI for each stake but total ROI on SS is about 35%, not sure how revealing that stat is though.

I wanted to post a hand that I was unsure of in a tournament earlier today. Villains were unknown and it was early on in the tournament.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    vinny93Small blind10.0010.003410.00
    ClimwinnerBig blind20.0030.002270.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q
    MrRenegadeFold
    Downtown86Fold
    loosecamelRaise40.0070.002960.00
    vinny93Call30.00100.003380.00
    ClimwinnerRaise220.00320.002050.00
    loosecamelCall200.00520.002760.00
    vinny93Call200.00720.003180.00
    Flop
    • A
    • J
    vinny93Check
    ClimwinnerBet300.001020.001750.00
    loosecamelCall300.001320.002460.00
    vinny93Call300.001620.002880.00
    Turn
    vinny93Check
    ClimwinnerAll-in1750.003370.000.00
    loosecamelFold
    vinny93Call1750.005120.001130.00
    vinny93Show
    ClimwinnerShow
    • J
    • K
    River
    ClimwinnerWinPair of Jacks5120.005120.00

Sorry if I should blank out the names, I will plough through the jungle of < and /> if i must next time. I would usually fold here on the turn 99% of the time especially with a third player involved, and I certainly don't want to be result oriented, but thought I'd see if anyone has anything to add. Feels super weighted towards AK, and third player could easily have AJ or some other random 2pair in this spot. Also think it's pretty unideal that I have the Qc in my holding.
  • Options

@loosecamel

Well done in last night's Escalating Freeroll Mr Camel.

loosecamel 0 2 £72.50
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@loosecamel

Well done in last night's Escalating Freeroll Mr Camel.

loosecamel 0 2 £72.50

Thanks Tikay, certainly won't snub my nose at that!

An interesting week last week. A lot of things to take note of and a fair amount of leaks I need to plug. Results for the week can be seen below:

Managed to crank out 88 games with an ABI of £10.40 and recording a total loss of £49. I think it's a bit premature to update on the ROI targets as with a sample of only 88 games total ROI's are fairly insignificant. I found it pretty stressful trying to maintain a pace of 100 tournaments a week, so will be adjusting that for the future to 50 a week or 200 a month. Managed to grab two outright wins, one early on in a £5.50 and later midweek in a £22. Without these scores the week would have gone much, much worse.

All round happy with the majority of my plays, a number of spots I doubted myself on but have started to check out some spots on Holdem Resources Calculator which is actually very useful. My plan is to continue using HRC and try and analyse one or two spots a day. In particular I want to work on calling all ins when in the blinds to various shoves and opening ranges when at 25-40bb.

Had a rough time during games 10-40 and I'm sure a number of these results could have improved upon if I hadn't been in a negative state of mind. I need to work on keeping a level head when things are going south and to understand that swings like these will happen, regularly, and to try and not induce worse swings with tilted plays. I also must resist drinking while playing.. one or two takes the edge off, but four to five definitely results in questionable decisions..

- ROI Targets [N/A]
    - 100 Tournaments [ ] - managed 88
    - Stop tilting on chat [ ] - guilty
    - Win M/E [ ]

Fairly busy this week so won't have much time to play other than some of the Main's and Mini's midweek, will be back for a decent session over the weekend hopefully.

GL at the tables,

Loose

• Options

@loosecamel

"Recap of Goals:
    - ROI targets
    - 100 tournaments a week
    - Stop tilting on chat
    - Win the Midnight Express"

Soooo close last night mate, very unlucky.