You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

*PLO HI LO* Midweek PLO8 BH league. RETURNS.....

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726

@tomgoodun

Someone once told me to look at the number in reverse and which ever is lower wins.
    So in your example
    A5678= 87651
    23678=87632
    87632 is lower, so wins the low part.

Alternatively, keep playing the way you believe.
    It gives the rest of us more of a chance. ;)

Thanks mate , really appreciate this.
    Although .... I think it’s best if I don’t think too much whilst playing 😊
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    -Stuey- said:

tomgoodun said:

Good Morning
    I thought I had a modicum of understanding of this game, however last night I was bemused by my A5678 beaten by 23678 for the lo hand
    As much as someone tried to help me fathom out why , I just couldn’t get my head round it.
    Anyone simplify it please?
    I thought A was lower than the 2 so I would win the lo, obviously I’ve been folding too many ‘winning’ lo hands.

To help understand the ranks of low hands, the following sample qualifying low hands (not a complete list) are ranked from least powerful (#1, will rarely win the low half of the pot) to most powerful (#10, the nuts):

8, 7, 6, 5, 4
    8, 7, 6, 5, 3
    8, 6, 4, 2, A
    8, 4, 3, 2, A
    7, 6, 5, 4, 2
    7, 6, 5, 2, A
    7, 5, 4, 3, 2
    6, 5, 4, 3, 2
    6, 4, 3, 2, A
    5, 4, 3, 2, A

Note that a low hand is always ranked from its highest card downwards. So for example, hand #9 is known as a ‘Six-low’ because its highest card is a Six. Hand #5 is a ‘Seven-low’, and Hand #1 is an ‘Eight-low’. In poker slang, you distinguish between close low hands by going further down the ranks, so hand #9 would be called a ‘Six-Four low’, which beats hand #8, a ‘Six-Five low’.

Infrequent but correct. I've been left scratching my head too!
    Cheers Stuey, most appreciated.
    I think it was you who was kind enough to try and educate me on this whilst we were playing the other evening, thanks mate .
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
  • Options
    troyboy172troyboy172 Member Posts: 19
    in9/2 tuesday 17,30
    in9/2tuesday 19.18
    in10/2 wedensday 19.18
  • Options
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,148
    lol game
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Weekly Top 5 - High scoring week.

• Options
    troyboy172troyboy172 Member Posts: 19
    in 17.30 tue
    in 19.18 tue
    in wed 17.30
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,276
    I hadn't noticed that @-Stuey- had scored 84 points in a week! Two wins and another final table out of 3 games is just awesome. wp @-Stuey-, vwp.
  • Options
    Enut said:

I hadn't noticed that @-Stuey- had scored 84 points in a week! Two wins and another final table out of 3 games is just awesome. wp @-Stuey-, vwp.

Not sure why I bother with the text and the title updates.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,276
    coo1-um said:

Enut said:

Not sure why I bother with the text and the title updates.
    It was your title update that made me realise he had done so well, so mission complete, time and effort not wasted, A1 performance, you da man and all that kind of stuff. :D
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Following the cancellation of last nights 20:40 game the countback system will be taken for players choosing those games.
    The counts the last available game for those players this will automatically be the 19:18 game tonight. hopes thats makes sense to someone. if you require another game choice then you need to post to chance to that.
    if a player plays the 17:30 and wins it and fails to play the 19:18 game without notification in this thread they will score 0 points due to fair play rules that at least make sense to the Play it your way team.
  • Options

Its a weekly Top 5 this week.