You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Call or Fold

Comments

• Options
    SCOTFOXSCOTFOX Member Posts: 185
    TKDROB Small blind 300.00 300.00 3300.00
    dandama162 Big blind 600.00 900.00 3435.00
    Your hole cards
    A
    MSDOS Fold
    Essexphil Raise 1800.00 2700.00 13127.50
    SCOTFOX All-in 15825.00 18525.00 0.00
    mothebutch Fold
    TKDROB Fold
    dandama162 Fold
    Essexphil All-in 13127.50 31652.50 0.00
    SCOTFOX Unmatched bet 897.50 30755.00 897.50
    Essexphil Show
    SCOTFOX Show
    A
    Flop
    Turn
    K
    River
    A
    Essexphil Win Flush to the Ace 30755.00 30755.00
    PREV
    CLOSE
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    Call
    I raised light.
    You shoved light.
    I called light.

I won a flip.

It was a freeroll.

The end.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,158
    Fold
    @SCOTFOX

Morning buddy, do you follow the S.P.T. at all ?

Do you actually take note of the players at you table and their ROI over a number of years.

There are some very good, profitable players on this site, I suggest maybe you don't paint a target on your back.

Now shhhh the grown ups are talking.
  • Options

@SCOTFOX

Morning buddy, do you follow the S.P.T. at all ?

Do you actually take note of the players at you table and their ROI over a number of years.

There are some very good, profitable players on this site, I suggest maybe you don't paint a target on your back.

Now shhhh the grown ups are talking.

Obviously some players win, but i am discussing a poor player.

Thanks for dropping by with your childish nonsense (grown up my a@@), you added nothing relevant to my points

People 'type not talk' on here and i certainly do not require 'suggestions' from deluded wannabee poker players like you! Sheesh.

• Options
    Essexphil said:

I raised light.
    You shoved light.
    I called light.

I won a flip.

It was a freeroll.

The end.

You seem to have missed the main point.......what was 22 beating to call with all your chips?

I give up with you as you do seem to comprehend either logic or maths.

I noticed you still managed to finish 14 when you had 60,000 chips and the guy who came in 3rd place only needed 80,000. Once again confirming my thoughts.

I will let you and you mate Edge continue to discuss your poker 'skills' without me, because i have made my points and frankly inferior players do not inspire me.
    Cheerio and good luck ))))))))))))
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Fold
    I'm looking at the hand and unless i'm missing something , i may well be , all the chips went in pre A 10 vrs 22 , isn't 22 the better hand , and why anybody gives a monkeys in a freeroll bemuses me
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited September 2023
    SCOTFOX said:

Essexphil said:

I raised light.
    You shoved light.
    I called light.

I won a flip.

It was a freeroll.

The end.

You seem to have missed the main point.......what was 22 beating to call with all your chips?

I noticed you still managed to finish 14 when you had 60,000 chips and the guy who came in 3rd place only needed 80,000. Once again confirming my thoughts.

I will let you and you mate Edge continue to discuss your poker 'skills' without me, because i have made my points and frankly inferior players do not inspire me.
    Not taking sides here, but why are we arguing about a spot in the freeroll?

FWIW, the 2s is a clear fold in my opinion but it's a freeroll - people are always going to call light and have a gamble. It's normal. If anything, you should be happy if he's going to call off with 2s vs your shoving range because you'll often be dominating him with bigger pocket pairs.

And as @Essexphil had said himself, he's been a consistently profitable over many years. You don't do that by being bad at poker.
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    Scotfox, stick to dyms, you clearly know what you're doing at them with a 41% winrate
  • Options
    Call
    SCOTFOX said:

Essexphil said:

I raised light.
    You shoved light.
    I called light.

I won a flip.

It was a freeroll.

The end.

Getting bored of this.

I've already qualified for the Sunday Major this weekend through this freeroll. I qualified last week (and the week before, and the week before that), but it was held over because I was playing in the SPT at Manchester last weekend.

I have won the Sunday Major before. And a few UKOPS, including a High Roller. Elsewhere? Several 5-figure scores online, and a Day 5 in the WSOP Main Event. I appreciate that would not "inspire" you, while you play at the micro levels. I'm sure you are very happy there, secure in the knowledge that you would be a winning player if you played at higher stakes.

I get that you believe you are a better player than me. You are welcome to believe it.

But stop insulting me. Or else, any time you are in the last 20 of that freeroll and I have a larger stack, I will spite raise you every time you are in the Big Blind.

• Options
    Essexphil said:

SCOTFOX said:

Essexphil said:

I raised light.
    You shoved light.
    I called light.

I won a flip.

It was a freeroll.

The end.

Getting bored of this.

I've already qualified for the Sunday Major this weekend through this freeroll. I qualified last week (and the week before, and the week before that), but it was held over because I was playing in the SPT at Manchester last weekend.

I have won the Sunday Major before. And a few UKOPS, including a High Roller. Elsewhere? Several 5-figure scores online, and a Day 5 in the WSOP Main Event. I appreciate that would not "inspire" you, while you play at the micro levels. I'm sure you are very happy there, secure in the knowledge that you would be a winning player if you played at higher stakes.

I get that you believe you are a better player than me. You are welcome to believe it.

But stop insulting me. Or else, any time you are in the last 20 of that freeroll and I have a larger stack, I will spite raise you every time you are in the Big Blind.

You are a calling station with no idea about how to play serious poker.

I was in the high roller final last Xmas when you played like a donkey as usual but you sucked out and got fortunate. You lost most of your stack by raising with rubbish and eventually got a split pot with A3 and survived. God only knows how you got that far.

Nothing you say will change my opinion of you, because i have seen the pish you raise and call with. I would rate you as a 3/10 player judged on what i've seen.

Self praise is no praise spite boy.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,263
    SCOTFOX said:

Essexphil said:

SCOTFOX said:

Essexphil said:

I raised light.
    You shoved light.
    I called light.

I won a flip.

It was a freeroll.

The end.

Getting bored of this.

You are a calling station with no idea about how to play serious poker.

I was in the high roller final last Xmas when you played like a donkey as usual but you sucked out and got fortunate. You lost most of your stack by raising with rubbish and eventually got a split pot with A3 and survived. God only knows how you got that far.

Nothing you say will change my opinion of you, because i have seen the pish you raise and call with. I would rate you as a 3/10 player judged on what i've seen.

Self praise is no praise spite boy.

@SCOTFOX

Enough with the personal insults please. As adults, we ought to be able to discuss a completely standard spot without resorting to such invective.

No more please.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited September 2023
    Fold
    @SCOTFOX

Just out of interest, during Tournaments why do you constantly click ON and OFF that you're AWAY ?

Do you think it helps you in any way? :*
  • Options
    Fold
    MISTY4ME said:

@SCOTFOX

Just out of interest, uring Tournaments why do you constantly click ON and OFF that you're AWAY ?

It's because he has to keep referring to "Super System" to check he's playing optimally.
  • Options
    green_beergreen_beer Member Posts: 1,734
    Call

MISTY4ME said:

@SCOTFOX

Just out of interest, uring Tournaments why do you constantly click ON and OFF that you're AWAY ?

It's because he has to keep referring to "Super System" to check he's playing optimally.
    super system, showing your age there buddy ;)

do all the cool kidz still read "kill phil" then "kill everyone", or am i showing my age........
  • Options

MISTY4ME said:

@SCOTFOX

Edge .....Are you a massive U2 fan or a window cleaner? jaja
  • Options
    PaintedOnePaintedOne Member Posts: 236
    why do people feel the need to criticise other peoples play , its poker , some like to gamble more than others and there are lots of different strategies adopted by lots of players , also if you feel that player is bad and you are better surely thats a good thing ? as if you are clever you will get them in the end , yes people get lucky but thats poker , its cards its random
  • Options
    Call

why do people feel the need to criticise other peoples play , its poker , some like to gamble more than others and there are lots of different strategies adopted by lots of players , also if you feel that player is bad and you are better surely thats a good thing ? as if you are clever you will get them in the end , yes people get lucky but thats poker , its cards its random

Exactly this.

There are lots of different ways of playing poker. Sometimes it is a question of playing and adapting a style that suits you. Your chips, to be played your way.

But, however you play, there is always someone who believes you should play differently. It's often an ego thing-just as true for me as anyone else.
  • Options
    Fold
    SCOTFOX said:

MISTY4ME said:

@SCOTFOX

Edge .....Are you a massive U2 fan or a window cleaner? jaja
    Absolutely not, U2 are a band I wouldn't cross the street to see. Clean windows are quite good though, they allow light to fall where there is darkness and enable those with clouded vision to see clearly.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    Fold
    MISTY4ME said:

@SCOTFOX

Just out of interest, during Tournaments why do you constantly click ON and OFF that you're AWAY ?

You haven't answered this question yet @SCOTFOX :*
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    I’d like to know that too, should come with an epilepsy warning.

In the meantime please keep posting freeroll hand histories, keeps the forum posts ticking over