You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Duke

Comments

• Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    livwiz14 said:

Just came up against the now famous Duke in a 500 bounty...didn't take me out as I had a few k more chips but a cracking hand...and great comment posted previously...

10's v Aces...

Flop...

A 10 2....

Tbf...you take on Sir Duke? You take on all of us Diggety digger dukes! Be afraid, be very afraid 💩
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    livwiz14 said:

Just came up against the now famous Duke in a 500 bounty...didn't take me out as I had a few k more chips but a cracking hand...and great comment posted previously...

10's v Aces...

Flop...

A 10 2....

Didn't realise it was bin collection day
  • Options
    DukeMinusDDukeMinusD Member Posts: 11
    MynaFrett said:

Welcome @DukeMinusD Can I ask you a few questions if you don't mind?

1) How long have you been serving up the catchphrases and taking out the trash?
    2) Are you actually a bin man?
    3) Are you really a knight of the realm?
    4) Which of your catchphrases generates the most responses in chat?
    5) Which is your personal favourite catchphrase?
    6) What inspired your (increasingly popular) catchphrases?
    7) What is the purpose of your catchphrases?
    a) Just having a laugh b) To tilt some people c) Both of those things d) Some other reason

Ok, so I got some time now to answer these questions!
    I find it difficult to keep up with all the posts, re-posts and replies, as my notifications doesn't seem to keep an order that's logical!!!
    Just want to thank everybody's support, and just glad it amuses everyone here!
    So, here goes baby!!.....

1) Probably the last 3 years, but i'm not online constantly. I usually do it in 4/5 month spells.
    2) No!! i'm an engineer
    3) Metaphorically!
    4) I'm not quite sure. I think Taking out the trash, They don't call me Sir Duke and Limpin is Pimpin annoys most of the sad **** on those tables lol
    5) I like all of them - it's hard to say
    6) Again, relating to Q4, alot of these players are so boring, sad, no personalities and take it waaaayyyyyyy to seriously!!! After all it's a computer-generated game (which costs between £1 - £11 in the Tourneys I play) and is designed to be outrageously unfair in bad beats, etc. If it ran like a live game, it would be too boring, so how they don't realise this and take the game with a pinch of salt is beyond me!
    7) All of those things. I NEVER respond or retaliate by swearing or demeaning someone, and those who do, i always reply by saying (Which they HATE) "No Swearing at the table please, I really don't like it!" which totally Tilts them!! Haha.
    I guess They Don't Call Me "SIR DUKE" For Nothing Baby!!
  • Options
    twitch, Twitch, Twitch....we need to watch a twitch session in action!
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724

MynaFrett said:

a) Just having a laugh b) To tilt some people c) Both of those things d) Some other reason

I find it difficult to keep up with all the posts, re-posts and replies, as my notifications doesn't seem to keep an order that's logical!!!

1) Probably the last 3 years, but i'm not online constantly. I usually do it in 4/5 month spells.
    2) No!! i'm an engineer
    3) Metaphorically!
    4) I'm not quite sure. I think Taking out the trash, They don't call me Sir Duke and Limpin is Pimpin annoys most of the sad **** on those tables lol
    6) Again, relating to Q4, alot of these players are so boring, sad, no personalities and take it waaaayyyyyyy to seriously!!! After all it's a computer-generated game (which costs between £1 - £11 in the Tourneys I play) and is designed to be outrageously unfair in bad beats, etc. If it ran like a live game, it would be too boring, so how they don't realise this and take the game with a pinch of salt is beyond me!
    7) All of those things. I NEVER respond or retaliate by swearing or demeaning someone, and those who do, i always reply by saying (Which they HATE) "No Swearing at the table please, I really don't like it!" which totally Tilts them!! Haha.
    I'm not sure I entirely understand what you're saying in this bolded bit... anyhoo... :)

Thanks for finding/making time to answer the questions. I agree that many of us take this game way too seriously and I like the way you kick back against that in your own unique way.

It might be silly but this thread makes me smile on a daily basis, long may it continue.
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

MynaFrett said:

2) No!! i'm an engineer
    3) Metaphorically!
    I'm not sure I entirely understand what you're saying in this bolded bit... anyhoo... :)

Thanks for finding/making time to answer the questions. I agree that many of us take this game way too seriously and I like the way you kick back against that in your own unique way.

It might be silly but this thread makes me smile on a daily basis, long may it continue.
    basically, it's a computer game - NOT poker (in the real sense) and designed for entertainment, so just be "whatever" with it. Those losers look on Sharkscope as if it "means" something!! lol.
    Unfortunately i'm not defined by it so i don't care and they really don't like that.
    I play for MY entertainment only!
    I do like winding them up though lol
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    Ahhhh you've just lost all my respect - I didn't realise you were part of the 'online is rigged' brigade.....
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    I just got duked again. He is good. I think he should play a higher level.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    SoftTaffSmall blind10.0010.001734.00
    MAXALLYBig blind20.0030.001757.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    DukeMinusDRaise55.0085.002148.00
    HAIRFLICKFold
    chris1963Fold
    bertsson19All-in298.00383.000.00
    SoftTaffFold
    MAXALLYCall278.00661.001479.00
    DukeMinusDCall243.00904.001905.00
    Flop
    • J
    MAXALLYBet201.001105.001278.00
    DukeMinusDAll-in1905.003010.000.00
    MAXALLYAll-in1278.004288.000.00
    DukeMinusDUnmatched bet426.003862.00426.00
    MAXALLYShow
    • J
    DukeMinusDShow
    • J
    bertsson19Show
    Turn
    River
    DukeMinusDWinStraight to the 63862.004288.00
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited June 2020
    mumsie said:

Hail the Duke and fail the non-believers.

Sir,

Do you wish us to remove this peasant carson88 from your Kingdom?

MynaFrett said:

MynaFrett said:

2) No!! i'm an engineer
    3) Metaphorically!

basically, it's a computer game - NOT poker (in the real sense) and designed for entertainment, so just be "whatever" with it. Those losers look on Sharkscope as if it "means" something!! lol.
    Unfortunately i'm not defined by it so i don't care and they really don't like that.
    Good to hear your responses to the questions Duke.

Understand a lot of what you posted here and can relate. Poker and life are a 'game'. The game of poker and the game of life. I have passed that idea down to my son to suggest don't be worried, concerned and to focus on your mini game.

Sharkscope is a weird one. It's a great piece of software, can be used for good reasons while it can be slightly inaccurate.

Poker should entertaining for the majority and that's the big thing. I am not typing as someone who enjoys poker all the time and used it as a crutch for years, right now I am enjoying my poker more than I have for a long time.

Respect!

Cammy
  • Options
    Cammykaze said:

mumsie said:

Sir,

MynaFrett said:

MynaFrett said:

2) No!! i'm an engineer
    3) Metaphorically!

Understand a lot of what you posted here and can relate. Poker and life are a 'game'. The game of poker and the game of life. I have passed that idea down to my son to suggest don't be worried, concerned and to focus on your mini game.

Sharkscope is a weird one. It's a great piece of software, can be used for good reasons while it can be slightly inaccurate.

Poker should entertaining for the majority and that's the big thing. I am not typing as someone who enjoys poker all the time and used it as a crutch for years, right now I am enjoying my poker more than I have for a long time.

Respect!

Cammy
    YES IMMEDIATELY
  • Options

Cammykaze said:

mumsie said:

Sir,

MynaFrett said:

MynaFrett said:

2) No!! i'm an engineer
    3) Metaphorically!

Respect!

Cammy
    YES IMMEDIATELY
    Certainly Sir, I shall look out for him at the tables and throw him to the wolves!

Always at your service.

Cammy
  • Options
    edited June 2020

...and is designed to be outrageously unfair in bad beats, etc. If it ran like a live game, it would be too boring, so how they don't realise this and take the game with a pinch of salt is beyond me!

Basically, it's a computer game - NOT poker (in the real sense) and designed for entertainment, so just be "whatever" with it. Those losers look on Sharkscope as if it "means" something!! lol.

Not a fan of this to be completely honest.

Still a fan of this stuff though

And really enjoyed this reaction too

• Options
    Duke for PM I say....can't so any worse than the blondblobBojo
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430
    edited June 2020
    Those who have been Downtown in Las Vegas will likely have had the misfortune to bump into The Duke of Fremont, who is a fearful bore with his head well & truly up his back passage.

He has a Twitter feed,

https://twitter.com/dukeoffremont?lang=en

...and a website;

https://thedukeoffremontstreet.com/

He dresses impeccably, & strolls around with his chest puffed out, generally preening & posing.

He loves putting folks down with smart alec comments & is intensely disliked by all.

His favourite party trick is to sit at a small cash game table in Binions, $2 - $5 or whatever, with $100,000 in cash. It's not really in play though, if anyone sits with a stack of $10,000 or more he snap pulls up & leaves the table. He got stabbed & robbed once Downtown & wanted sympathy, but if anyone ever asked to be robbed it was him.

As crushing bores & poseurs go, he's the nuts.

• Options
    What a T. Osser. Couldn't resist having a peek at the website...

...surely people aren't buying this(?)
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    Tikay10 said:

He loves putting folks down with smart alec comments & is intensely disliked by all.

/>

Sounds like one or two trolls on this forum.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Those who have been Downtown in Las Vegas will likely have had the misfortune to bump into The Duke of Fremont, who is a fearful bore with his head well & truly up his back passage.

He has a Twitter feed,

https://twitter.com/dukeoffremont?lang=en

...and a website;

https://thedukeoffremontstreet.com/

He dresses impeccably, & strolls around with his chest puffed out, generally preening & posing.

His favourite party trick is to sit at a small cash game table in Binions, $2 - $5 or whatever, with $100,000 in cash. It's not really in play though, if anyone sits with a stack of $10,000 or more he snap pulls up & leaves the table. He got stabbed & robbed once Downtown & wanted sympathy, but if anyone ever asked to be robbed it was him.

As crushing bores & poseurs go, he's the nuts.

His face screams a 'Walter' or 'wally'.

Would love to see the act in a rough home game.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864

First time seeing it in person!
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    hope you chipped in Allan lol?

i've still yet to cross the Duke sadly.
  • Options
    Danyo0Danyo0 Member Posts: 170
    you're missing out @MynaFrett