You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Please never merge with pokerstars

I'm sure that many players who play here will not continue to play on pokerstars if the sites were to be merged. Especially the spin up amateurs.

Sky poker has a great atmosphere and is the only site I've ever played on where people chat while they play.

Comments

• SuperAyr25SuperAyr25 Member Posts: 37
    I seen ladbrokes recently merged with partypoker and i must admit the games are alot better with bigger fields better prize money etc ladbrokes coral poker etc are becoming a bit outdated
  • SuperAyr25SuperAyr25 Member Posts: 37

I seen ladbrokes recently merged with partypoker and i must admit the games are alot better with bigger fields better prize money ladbrokes coral paddypoker are all becoming a bit outdated

• DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,430
    i think even many of the strongest regs here would be slaughtered on pokerstars.

this site has different rake different vip and different formats to stars.

I doubt many if any of the players on sky want to see this site merge with stars unfortunately though that will have little if any impact on whether the site do or do not decide to merge with stars.

I think it is unlikely though as different formats etc. The software on sky is bad so if they merge with stars why keep any funds on sky at all? why would I not move my money over to stars if I wanted to continue playing or to another site If I find stars to hard to make money on.

of course with the push for a £100 monthly deposit limit it would be good if sky poker and stars had a function to transfer money between the sites. I am currently planning to target some of the small stakes large mtts on stars and thus want to deposit £300 on stars since my rule in gambling is and always has been only gamble with what you win I need to make that and more on sky before I can. So that I can cash out and deposit hopefully before the £100 deposit limit comes in.
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Doubleme said:

i think even many of the strongest regs here would be slaughtered on pokerstars.

They wouldn't have as good an ROI on Pokerstars as they do on Sky, think that is fairly safe to say. Saying the strongest regs would slaughtered on PS is a bit extreme .

There are some very good players on Sky.
  • chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    I'm down like 11k from 2.5k games on there, thats some chicken****bull**** right there #slaughterstars, if I had the choice between sewage work and having to only grind 1k runner fields I would roll up my sleeves and crack on down the sewers at the blink of an eye.
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,529
    Doubleme said:

Cammykaze said:

Doubleme said:

They wouldn't have as good an ROI on Pokerstars as they do on Sky, think that is fairly safe to say. Saying the strongest regs would slaughtered on PS is a bit extreme .

There are some very good players on Sky.
    I Mean yeah this is simply not true my roi is much higher on stars - the bigger the field the bigger your roi can become. Smaller field actually cap your roi not increase it which means less variance... but also less money over the long term