You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Are we allowed to do this?

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,479
Hi for various reasons I have decided I would like to record my own sessions for my own personal use. I do not want to get into any form of trouble for doing something I am not supposed to and will not do this if I am told I am not allowed to or if it is against the rules.

So I just wanted to check are we allowed to record our poker sessions for our own personal use or not?

By this I mean video recording I already know we are not allowed to use software like Poker tracker on this site and have not done so and would not do so.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,813

@Doubleme

As described, yes, it's fine.
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    It's worth saying that some players have recorded and broadcast their sessions, if you like that kind of thing, so definitely wouldn't be issues with just recording for your own use.

If you do like that kind of thing, https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/177495/duesenberg-twitch-stream/p1
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,479
    bbMike said:

It's worth saying that some players have recorded and broadcast their sessions, if you like that kind of thing, so definitely wouldn't be issues with just recording for your own use.

If you do like that kind of thing, https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/177495/duesenberg-twitch-stream/p1

making youtube videos about my journey in poker is something I have thought about before but there are some things holding me back.

1. I may be a minor troll with a weird sense of humour but I am not a ****.
    if people have played with me before they may notice my chat can be a little silly/troley from time to time, however I would never actually want to truly upset another player. When I started out in poker I was a complete fish and on one poker forum a guy made a big post mocking me mentioning my player name and it went to 3 or four pages and i had people who would seek me out online and berate me etc.
    This was in the days when I was losing money in poker, I am now a profitable player. However i do not want to do the same to someone else its one thing calling someone a fish in chat when you get unlucky (really should not be doing that for multiple reasons but I am sure almost everyone has at some point) its another publicly naming and shaming them, if I play someone who has no concept sure I want to play them as much as possible but I do not want humiliate them/strike at their dignity publicly. If I ever made youtube videos or another video blog streaming service I would need to block out opponents names. Not sure how to do this.
    2. its not fair to expose someone elses game, unless your the very best like no one ever was, (pokemon silly) your game has leaks everyone's game has leaks and it would not be fair to show someone elses screen name playing so that others can learn their leaks and exploit them without them knowing. for this reason I would need to block out both my name and my opponents name in any video blog I made.
    3. it would need to be back dated, eg if I posted relatively frequently right away players could potentially recognise the hand/hands from that game and work out it was me even with the names blotted out and then be able to see the hole cards i had in hands, giving them info they did not have access to before and allowing me again to be exploited with that intel.
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Apologies I wasn’t suggesting you move to broadcasting, was just saying that others do so if you’re interested you could check out that content. However sounds like from point #2 you’re against the concept, which is fine.

If others can record and broadcast, then presumably there’d be nothing wrong with you recording and not broadcasting is all I meant.

GL with your studies.