You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Problems with sound on PC.

Whenever I'm playing poker on Sky and I put my music on the sound gets all distorted, the wierd thing is when I try to read the papers online or anything else for that matter the sounds on the poker gets distorted, I've tried the system troubleshooting, but still no joy, it's so annoying.
Would be greatful if anybody who is techie savvy could point me in the right direction to fixing it.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,766
  • tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,586
    I play on iMac using Safari and can't get any sound at all. No problem with iPad sound is ok. Any help please?
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,325
    If your on windows. This icon here. Click it and bring up...

....This

CLick the ^ arrow..

Hopefully, you have a few speaker devices that can be selected, de-selected.

Play around with these, maybe a solution lies there.

• rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    Cheers for replying, tried that, changed my settings in device manager, downloaded this app called Latency Mon and it says one or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long, disable CPU throttling in control panel, which I did, but it also say's do it in BIOS set up and check for BIOS update.

I'm a bit weary going into the BIOS as I went in there before and it didn't go too well.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Is it a laptop or desktop?

You will be fine turning off cpu throttling in the bios. You go in, find the cpu throlttling option, turn it off, save and exit.

I doubt that will fix it but it's worth a try.
  • rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,222
    It's a desktop, will give it a go, cheers.