You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

robbed by sky poker robot

Close dialog
Welcome to Sky Betting & Gaming Live Chat
Save Chat
End Chat
Chat started at 23:58
Hi, you're through to Gemma. If your query is in relation to your account, please provide your full name, user ID, date of birth and your mother's maiden name?
Gemma C
not sure
you won't agree i guess, i was just robbed by robot or collusion
00:00
I hope you're well, ok so if this is a fairness complaint we do not have robots on our tables. If you are reporting collusion of 2 others players, please provide as much details as possible and it will be passed on for investigation
Gemma C
00:02
final table, 4 players remain. bandit goes all in 3 hands in row. 4th hand i raise to his bb, he jam. my aj he j9. he hit 9. me out 4th, he fold every hand therafter
00:05
S
Hi, you're through to Samuel. If your query is in relation to your account, please provide your full name, user ID, date of birth and your mother's maiden name?
Samuel H
robot
david 8888888888888888
00:06
S
Hello David! Thanks for providing this information! We will send this information to the relevant team to investigate further for you 😃
Samuel H
00:07
will you be informing me.
00:09
S
We would look to investigate this internally David, this isn't something we would look to inform customers of unfortunately
Samuel H
no indeed. as i thought,
your not interested
00:11
I'm sorry you feel that way David
S
I will send this information across for you however 😃 Is there anything I can assist you with further?
Samuel H
00:12
you have not assisted though
00:14
S
I'm sorry you feel that way David
Samuel H
00:16
i know, thankyou. i'm sorry your job is to palm me away
without recourse
00:17
S
This isn't my job David, i'm sorry you feel that is the case
Samuel H
00:19
not your job?
00:20
i have an issue, you cc. it not your job
00:21
S
You stated my job is 'is to palm me away' I'm stating this isn't the case
Samuel H
00:22
ok
yet i have no recourse
S
Do you have another query I can assist you with this morning David?
Samuel H
just this issue. i need to be informed
00:23
S
We wouldn't look to inform customers directly of an internal investigation of collusion David
Samuel H
00:24
oh ok you said you would not inform me
also
gemma said no robot on sky, so how can there be serious investigation?
00:26
the tornement wonner was also shocked
00:27
winner, not wonner
00:28
hhammerhea won
00:29
S
We will provide the information provided to the relevant department, and investigate further, i'm unsure what you mean how can a serious investigation not take place?
Samuel H
00:29
if robotic activity was ruled out. if you will seriously look at this fine...
00:30
as i said others were also seemingly shocked
i recently had other issues on this site
resolved now
00:32
but costing me
S
I'm glad to hear that David. Do you have another query I can assist you with this morning?
Samuel H
00:33
no, im off to the forum to post
00:34
S
Okay David, have a nice morning! 😃
Samuel H

Comments

• Options
    mystefeastmystefeast Member Posts: 19
    so to clarify.

HAMSTER78 goes all in 3 hands in row. all players fold. 4th hand, me utg, raise to 4b? (20,000k approx) hamster goes all in again, like im clearly not folding with approx 80k behind, he has j9 off, i have aj. he hits 9, wins.

i am out 4th. HAMSTER never bet again finishing second. makes no sense.
    Even hhammerhea, the winner, was totally shocked as he played heads up undefended
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,129
    edited July 2020
    @mystefeast

Last week you claimed Sky Poker were robbing you, now you claim a Sky Poker robot is robbing you.

HAMSTER78 has played over 2,200 MTT's here over a prolonged period.

There are no "Sky Poker robots", & if there were, they most definitely would not be playing in a....... £2 MTT.

And to clarify - the Sky Poker Customer Care staff are magnificent, that's textbook stuff by them despite your provocation.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I don't often say this phrase about a skypoker employee but Sam should get a payrise
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    That's poker for ye, shite happens, dust yersel doon and move on.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,789
    You seem a really pleasant chap to be dealing with, I really feel for CC at times.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Might want to think about your raise sizing pushing 4bb out of 20 UTG. Any good robot should have seen this for what it was and folded.
  • Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    Customer Care don't get paid enough to deal with people like you on a daily basis.
  • Options
    DustoLuckoDustoLucko Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2020
    Assuming I have understood the situation correctly I can understand why this action might seem like a bot malfunctioning. However, I consider a couple of other options more likely.

The player may have needed to stop playing to do something else and decided to go all-in repeatedly until they had to leave, which coincided with your elimination hand. Perhaps they deemed the amount of chips they had after eliminating you enough to coast into 2nd whilst being away.

Another possibility is that the player in question could have been playing multiple tables at the time and accidentally closed the 1 you were on around the same time as the all-in, perhaps after seeing they were facing a dominating hand before doing so, then assuming the table was closed due to losing the hand and being eliminated from the tournament. An easy mistake to make.

The key tell would likely be whether the player was sitting out afterwards. If they were not and still proceeded to fold every hand throughout the rest of tournament including heads up until blinding out, I would be concerned. However it's also possible that some table layouts or versions of the Sky app might not display that the player was sat out correctly.

If someone was using a bot for automation in the games it would be the person behind the account, not Sky.
  • Options
    chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    all these people saying customer care don't get paid enough, where do I apply dealing with this all day would be so fun (although i think CC should get a payrise anyway cause they decent). Hero gonna get hella angry when you point out that one of the 4 remaining FT stacks had like 1bb and you find the AJo raise/call was actually way worse from a $ev perspective than the reshove with J9o. If this is the case I think Hamster should be the getting some compensation for being called off badly with AJ.
    Also Gemma C is mistaken, clearly she has not heard of heddoh ;)