You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Should I make the call?

-Typhoon--Typhoon- Member Posts: 288
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
The guys are playing reasonably well and i'v already lost an all-in to player 4, which was a stupid call on my behalf. Following this i tightened up and started playing more aggressively with little calling, mostly betting or folding pre flop. Am i about to make another stupid call?

I put in a medium raise pre flop to thin the field out and got 3 callers. Then get an all-in from the flop, from player 3. My thoughts here are that she's hit the jack and is trying to buy the pot. Looking back i feel my next move should have been to reraise all-in to isolate, however i just flat called. Flowing which player 1 reraised and shoved all-in.

While being on the table player 1 has been trying to push me around, so i don't know if he's also paired the board or is on AK and trying  to push me off because of my flat call. The trouble now is that i'm pot committed and don't want to give the AA up, which is understandable.

What would you do in this position?
Player 2 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £8.53
Player 3 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £2.76
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Player 4 Call   £0.08 £0.20 £12.25
-Typhoon- Raise   £0.40 £0.60 £9.53
Player6 Fold        
Player 1
Call   £0.40 £1.00 £6.96
Player 2 Fold        
Player 3 Call   £0.32 £1.32 £2.44
Player 4 Call   £0.32 £1.64 £11.93
Flop

• J

Player 3 All-in   £2.44 £4.08 £0.00
Player 4 Fold        
-Typhoon- Call   £2.44 £6.52 £7.09
Player 1 All-in   £6.96 £13.48 £0.00

Comments

• Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited March 2010
    Its a no brainer for me, with a flop of 9,4,J rainbow board, I'm shoving all in right here everytime.

You could get a little unlucky if hes hit trip jacks but theres no better spot to shove with AA than this. 
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited March 2010
    For any standard player, if they had a hand that beat you (i.e. they flopped a set) they would check to the pre-flop raiser.
    At this level it smacks of someone hitting top pair or an overpair and trying to protect their hand.
    In your position I wouldn't call the bet on the flop but would go all-in to protect my hand.
    Having just called in your position, I would still call the re-raise - you're getting almost exactly 3/1 on your money if I read the HH correctly and you can't fold in that spot.
  • Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Should I make the call?:
    For any standard player, if they had a hand that beat you (i.e. they flopped a set) they would check to the pre-flop raiser. At this level it smacks of someone hitting top pair or an overpair and trying to protect their hand. In your position I wouldn't call the bet on the flop but would go all-in to protect my hand. Having just called in your position, I would still call the re-raise - you're getting almost exactly 3/1 on your money if I read the HH correctly and you can't fold in that spot.
    Posted by MereNovice
    +1

Great analysis mere!!
  • Options
    -Typhoon--Typhoon- Member Posts: 288
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Should I make the call?:
    For any standard player, if they had a hand that beat you (i.e. they flopped a set) they would check to the pre-flop raiser. At this level it smacks of someone hitting top pair or an overpair and trying to protect their hand. In your position I wouldn't call the bet on the flop but would go all-in to protect my hand. Having just called in your position, I would still call the re-raise - you're getting almost exactly 3/1 on your money if I read the HH correctly and you can't fold in that spot.
    Posted by MereNovice
    This is why i posted this conumdrum, my brain is telling me that the first allin had hit the jack and is pushing me off. However i'm strugling  with the reraise after my call. Now this is where my game faulters, coz now i'm thinking i should be folding. But, and its a big but, my gut feeling is to call.

At this point i think i'm still ahead, so i want to call the second all in, but i'm worried about the  j, for poss trips on the flop. Anyway i called and to my horror i was well behind with player 1, on trip 9's.

In all fairness, i feell that i should have folded on player 1's reraise of all in. However, Merenovice you are spot on once again.

£0.04 £0.04 £8.53
    Player 3
    Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £2.76
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

PlAYER 4 Call   £0.08 £0.20 £12.25
    -Typhoon- Raise   £0.40 £0.60 £9.53
    Player 6 Fold        
    Player 1 Call   £0.40 £1.00 £6.96
    Player 2 Fold        
    Player 3