You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Persistent Network errors on client

Hi everyone, hoping the community may help me.

I've been playing on Sky now for around 10 years, largely trouble free. A couple of years back I had issues where the client would keep crashing, in response and thanks to people on here I fixed it through removing and reinstalling the client and I think checking I had the most up to date version of Adobe. Since then the client will occasionally crash but has been very stable until this weekend.

For context I only use my PC for poker but last week I switched ISP from BT to Virgin, the speed has more than trebled since then and all my connections appear fine. Also on Saturday I did a Windows update (pushed down/forced restart). Since then I'll load up the client it will be fine for a bit then I will get the "network timed out" error. First one is a soft error however on the second one all tables freeze and I time out i.e. miss key hands/appear away. This appears to happen randomly like data packets are being dropped at times and the client cannot cope. I am not on Wifi but via a bridge (through power socket) to the router however I did test on WiFi and I'm getting the same issue. Also this error will occur even when I am not playing but just have the client open.

Genuinely unsure how to unlock this but with the rake promo kicking off I want to resolve before costing myself a fair amount of money so any guidance is gratefully received.

Ps. no issues on browser but I have issues with volume then as table sizes are larger than client and I can only fit six rather than eight tables on my monitor.

Comments

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited August 2020
    Have you asked this very question here before? This pops up every now and then but I can't be certain anybody has ever had any joy fixing it apart from the ultimate solution, which is reinstalling Windows.

You can try uninstalling Sky Poker, uninstalling Adobe Air, locate and delete Sky Poker and AIR folders, REBOOT and then reinstall Sky Poker which in turn will download and install the latest Adobe Air. That's the first thing to try.

• chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    i'll add clearing your internet cache and updating graphics drivers on top of the above. I get the network time out message occasionally although it just seems random as i don't tend to miss any hands or whatever. Although I do have an issue where all my tables and client just closes itself its really random (happens once/twice a session).
    wouldn't imagine the problem is to do with your internet connection although error suggests this, just done a ping test i get 384mbps dl 37 upload and I get it loads.
  • MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited August 2020
    chappo100 said:

i'll add clearing your internet cache and updating graphics drivers on top of the above. I get the network time out message occasionally although it just seems random as i don't tend to miss any hands or whatever. Although I do have an issue where all my tables and client just closes itself its really random (happens once/twice a session).
    wouldn't imagine the problem is to do with your internet connection although error suggests this, just done a ping test i get 384mbps dl 37 upload and I get it loads.

This has been happening to me consistently for about a month. When I try to log back in sometimes it will work first time but other times it will instantly close all tables and boot me out again. Sometimes it can be half a dozen attempts before it keeps the tables loaded and doesn't log me back out.

I have also noticed that I get logged out repeatedly when just using the forum (happened just now) and not even playing.
  • Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 87
    Thanks for all the advice, I've taken all the steps and it does appear to be more stable again now.
  • AposterAposter Member Posts: 3
    MynaFrett said:

chappo100 said:

This has been happening to me consistently for about a month. When I try to log back in sometimes it will work first time but other times it will instantly close all tables and boot me out again. Sometimes it can be half a dozen attempts before it keeps the tables loaded and doesn't log me back out.

I have also noticed that I get logged out repeatedly when just using the forum (happened just now) and not even playing.
    This has been happening to me frequently too. I contacted support about it a few weeks back, they were unable to help. Said it wasnt a known issue or happening to anyone else so it was probably at my end.

I went through the reinstall skypoker/adobe air routine but no luck.

Usually it just goes back to a main client box not logged in, but I did once get a red box pop up saying I had been logged out due to inactivity. Which is fun when I'm playing 3 mtts.
  • AposterAposter Member Posts: 3
    Hi this is still an issue please help or I will need to move my money to a site that doesnt keep logging me out
  • MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Hi @Aposter I've had the same issue for months but recently switched to the browser version. Whilst I still get consistently logged out of the browser version as well, it doesn't close the tables you already have open. I wish I had switched months ago.