You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Brentford v Fulham

TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,133
Half time and the dullest, most boring match of this endless season.

Both teams look terrified to play although in Brentfords case that's what cost the automatic promotion. Awful at Stoke, shocking at home v Barnsley.

Fulham slightly better but too much sideways and back.

Bore draw looks likely.

Penalties beckon.

Worst game I've witnessed this season, and I'm a Stoke fan.

Who ever goes up is coming straight back down

Comments

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    You'll probably see a different second half. Fulham got their tactics right and Brentford haven't had a sniff. Brentford will change something coming out now, and Fulham were pressing a lot harder, so expect Brentford to grow as the game goes on and those Fulham legs wane. Probably only 1 goal in it tho, if that.
    Aaaany minute now this game will get better! Feeling for anyone who bet the over.
    edited August 2020
    This is a real showcase in how to lean back when you shoot and score a conversion.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,133
    2 mins left and the commentator says both teams have kept going all out for the win. WHAT GAME IS HE WATCHING??
    Ye quite painful viewing. Mitrovic is on now tho. We might see the first cross.
  • Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 863
    A fittingly awful goal to surely end an awful game.

Couldn't agree more with @TheEdge949 , Fulham are coming straight back down even if they invest big
  • gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Wouldn't normally have watched that but had Sky Sports News on today and got sucked in by all the hype. Greatest game n the world and all that eh and the way they were going on i was expecting Brentford to be an english championship version of 2010 Barcelona when in reality they just looked like 11 men who had never even played together before.

Really was one of the worst games i have ever watched on TV. Was there even a shot on target during the 90 minutes? The free kick goal was a good laugh i suppose.

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,627
    Play offs 9 Brentford 0
    That's one unlucky stat
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855
    edited August 2020
    Any more of this nonsense & the thread gets closed.

I hope I make myself clear.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,133
    Tikay10 said:

Oh sorry Tony, you're not a Brentford fan are you?.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,517

Tikay10 said:

Oh sorry Tony, you're not athe Brentford fan are you?.
    FYP
  • chappo100chappo100 Member Posts: 116
    @Tikay10 on the upside you don't have to worry about VAR next year and you can carry on enjoying watching football.
    edited August 2020
    chappo100 said:

@Tikay10 on the upside you don't have to worry about VAR next year and you can carry on enjoying watching football.

@chappo100

Ha, yes, there's always an upside.

I was rather hoping to see Brentford in the Premier League before my train arrives at it's final stop, so it was a bit disappointing. I suppose I'll just have to try to live longer.
    Tikay10 said:

chappo100 said:

@chappo100

I was rather hoping to see Brentford in the Premier League before my train arrives at it's final stop, so it was a bit disappointing. I suppose I'll just have to try to live longer.
    If that Matthew Benham has anything to do with it you'll have won the Champions League before then. I think you need a new manager before then tho. You cannot succeed or have the required charisma with that hair.

Tikay10 said:

chappo100 said:

@chappo100

If that Matthew Benham has anything to do with it you'll have won the Champions League before then. I think you need a new manager before then tho. You cannot succeed or have the required charisma with that hair.
    @kapowblamz

I don't think Matthew Benham will sleep easy at night until Brentford are above Brighton in the Premier League.
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

chappo100 said:

@chappo100

@kapowblamz

I don't think Matthew Benham will sleep easy at night until Brentford are above Brighton in the Premier League.
    It's like the master vs the apprentice. The wise old head of Tony Bloom defeated by his own teachings.
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    might be a tough ask for Brentford to go again. I think my club are looking to relieve them of Watkins and Benhrama
    Definitely a tough ask but Benham seems committed. He owns FC Midtjylland too and they've already become the dominant force in their league using data driven approach. Brentford have one of the youngest squads, if not the youngest, in the championship, so they can only really get better. Anybody who leaves will just provide more funds for them to reinvest and they usually invest very very well.