You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

i do not want to be forced to quit sky poker

DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,515
I have been having consistent issues of late with the client quitting out during sessions. I have tried to mention this to customer support and their attitude is that no one has ever complained about this before so it must be an issue with my computer.

Googling shows otherwise from these forums have other people raised this issue with customer support?

I am not trying to game the system and get all my buyins refunded I still cashed in a few of the dons I was playing.

I think at least some small compensation would have been the decent thing to do I had id guess like £40/£50 worth of dons going got a few cashes I cant reasonably argue that I should be compensated £40/£50 but £10 of tourney tokens or etc would have been reasonable recompense.

the customer support was pretty much assuming I was trying to lie to scam the site or something they did not say that but the way they responded implies it to me.

I am not a scammer I never have been, well unless we count cheating on that math test when I was 10 years old but never since then and I had to live with the guilt and fear of been found out for years so I never cheated in anything again after that.

anyway can anyone suggest if their is a way of fixing this issue or how to do so because like I said if this keeps happening I will be forced to move to another site and I do not want to have to do that because I like sky poker.

Comments

• kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Have you tried rolling back to a previous version of Adobe Air?
  • CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited August 2020
    I completely understand the frustration as I maybe have the same issue with Sky.

A small point here:-

You posted a thread previously and didn't answer any of the questions.

Kapowblamz has given a similar response to another thread you posted for a potential fix.

Have you tried to roll back to a previous version of Adobe Air?
    Doubleme said:

I have been having consistent issues of late with the client quitting out during sessions. I have tried to mention this to customer support and their attitude is that no one has ever complained about this before so it must be an issue with my computer.

Had experiences like this with customer support. There are a couple of technical people on the forum who may be able to help.

• DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,515
    Cammykaze said:

I completely understand the frustration as I maybe have the same issue with Sky.

Kapowblamz has given a similar response to another thread you posted for a potential fix.

my girlfriend thinks i should try to make sure I have the latest version, others are telling me to roll back to a prior version im not sure what makes sense is there a specific version I should be trying for?

I did some googling and people were talking about the memory filling up, so just a thought would it potentially help if I after a set period of time quit out of the client turned my computer off and on and then reopened the client to reset the memory or would that totally not work?

I am not good with tech.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,027
    Doubleme said:

Cammykaze said:

my girlfriend thinks i should try to make sure I have the latest version, others are telling me to roll back to a prior version im not sure what makes sense is there a specific version I should be trying for?

I did some googling and people were talking about the memory filling up, so just a thought would it potentially help if I after a set period of time quit out of the client turned my computer off and on and then reopened the client to reset the memory or would that totally not work?

I am not good with tech.
    @Doubleme

You could do worse than follow the advice which @kapowblamz has given you.
    @Doubleme

The worst that can happen is that, after rolling back, you just update adobe air to the latest version again. You will be prompted to update after roll back anyway, most of the time. In this case, after rolling back for the first time, DO NOT click update adobe air, just cancel the prompt.

The roll back might not work. I would give it a 25% chance. I pulled this number out of thin air as well. So be aware of that. Also be aware that there is absolutely no harm in trying it.

Here's the steps to try the roll back:

1 - Type programs in the bottom corner of Windows 10 (the search bit) and click 'add or remove programs'

2 - Find Adobe Air and uninstall it. Then reboot.

3 - Search this page https://helpx.adobe.com/air/kb/archived-air-sdk-version.html and find this exact file with the header Adobe AIR 31 runtime downloads and download the file below it called 'Adobe AIR 31.0.0.96 Windows (11 MB)'

4 - The file you download is a zip file. Open that and run the only file inside. On my system running it from that folder worked fine, but there could be a problem that you don't have an unzip program installed. If so, download 7zip, install it, then right click file and extract the Adobe Air file anywhere and run it. Reboot

5 - Bob is your uncle and **** is your aunt
    ^^^^^^

Excellent advise @kapowblamz, GL @Doubleme
    Doubleme said:

Cammykaze said:

I am not good with tech.
    I don't know however seems like an overthink this one.

Can give you what I have tried myself.

Reset laptop - quick wipe of Windows
    Temporarily stopped Anti-virus software
    Used Sky client, Chrome, Edge, Opera and Firefox
    Added Sky to allowed cookies list
    Cleared cookies and cache on all browsers
    Installed a SSD drive (not a fix however gets the laptop running faster)

Sure I have rolled back to prior version of Adobe Air too. Some days its awful, others it seems to work without a hitch.

Hard to pin-point what's happening at my end.

Hope you get it fixed.
    @Cammykaze

The reason I mentioned that specific version of AIR was because, I think, that's the closest version to when Sky's software was last updated. It's going to be somewhere around that time.

The fact that a fresh Windows install doesn't fix the problem is big, in that you can almost certainly say there's a clash somewhere with your actual machine and the Sky client.

I hope you ship the main and can buy a new pc or something.
    edited August 2020
    I love my laptop :)

Sky is a good site, others work so not a big issue.

@Cammykaze

The reason I mentioned that specific version of AIR was because, I think, that's the closest version to when Sky's software was last updated. It's going to be somewhere around that time.

The fact that a fresh Windows install doesn't fix the problem is big, in that you can almost certainly say there's a clash somewhere with your actual machine and the Sky client.

I hope you ship the main and can buy a new pc or something.

im guessing that is to cammy as you qouted him but not sure if it is to me.

my laptop I use for proper poker sessions already uses an SSD drive and also is 48 gig of ram.

I was pretty much a loner for most of my life and built up some savings and so spent 2 grand on a laptop this was a few years back but I still think 48 gig of ram and SSD drive should not be struggling to keep up with sky poker client.
    I can find and post other specs if necessary.

ultimately the laptop is a leviathan and basically a desktop masqueding as a laptop, which is why when I am playing single table mtts I just go google chrome on my chrome book in bed. The issues tend to happen when I have a lot of tables up. I am looking at getting a monitor to be able to multi table on a regular basis.

I am going to get my girlfriend to read these forum posts and try help me as advised with the software issues.
    @Doubleme

48gb of ram in a laptop is INSANE. I don't have that in my brand new beast desktop. In fact, that's a ridiculous amount. What are you doing with that thing? Unless you have a world leading cpu then you will hit a bottleneck long before needing 48gb of ram. Good lord!

That said, it doesn't matter if you're using Bill Gates' personal computer, if there is a clash somewhere then crashes will happen. That's how software works. If it hits something it doesn't like it goes bye bye.

I read that Adobe Air programs can crash when they reach 2gb memory or something similar. However, I do not think this can be the issue for these common crashes, because there are many Sky users who play many many tables, probably more than you, and they never have crashes. Fwiw my client never crashes either.

I suggest giving the roll back a go. There's nothing to lose.
    tried roll back and the client still crashed and quit out. played the lunch timed tournements today on my chrombook different laptop and it stalled and timed me out of pocket 77 which then saw a flop of 779 and had bet on every single street. getting a bit sick of this. it different laptops so only common demonitor is internet connection or my account itself i tested internet connection every time this has happened and loads youtube page in a second on both laptops so not internet connection.
    Very bad luck for you that it's happening on 2 different computers. I'm pretty much all out of suggestions now. All I could possibly cling to is if you have any other software or programs running at the same time then close them and see how you get on.

Good luck and sorry I can't be more help.