You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Diary No.2 - December Challenge

Comments

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited September 2020
    Ye apparently you can run on integrated and dedicated at same time if they're both dx12 and both explicitly multi gpu but it will bottleneck at the igpu, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Edit: it looks like dx 12 really opened up using integrated at same time but conflicting info on whether it's actually bad or not. So you could turn on the integrated and use that as well. I'm skeptical about using it when you have dedicated but it seems like since dx12 it is actually a viable option.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,350
    edited September 2020

This is what happens when you don't fold pre.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited September 2020

You can't use the integrated graphics and the graphics card at the same time. Your only option for multiple monitors is to use the graphics card solely.

Your graphics card supports upto 3 monitors, maybe more, but you need to know what sockets your monitors have, and what sockets your graphics card has. Your card will have 1 x hdmi and some other sockets that are either DVI or DP. They will look like these:

You monitors will almost certainly all have DVI sockets on the back but maybe not DP. There could of been a DVI cable in the box of your new pc? A lot of monitors and pcs come with one.

You won't be able to use a multiple monitor setup with 2 x hdmi without some adapters and that's definitely not the best option for you anyway.

You can't use the integrated graphics and the graphics card at the same time. Your only option for multiple monitors is to use the graphics card solely.

Your graphics card supports upto 3 monitors, maybe more, but you need to know what sockets your monitors have, and what sockets your graphics card has. Your card will have 1 x hdmi and some other sockets that are either DVI or DP. They will look like these:

You monitors will almost certainly all have DVI sockets on the back but maybe not DP. There could of been a DVI cable in the box of your new pc? A lot of monitors and pcs come with one.

You won't be able to use a multiple monitor setup with 2 x hdmi without some adapters and that's definitely not the best option for you anyway.

---------------------------------

Cheers for that

The graphics card has a display port and a DVI port (as well as the HDMI)

Would this do it (Its a Display port to DVI cable)

https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/hdhdport-001-1m/lead-displayport-dvi-d-male-male/dp/CS30895?st=dvi to display port cable

or this one (Display port to HDMI)

https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/hdhdport-005-1m/lead-displayport-hdmi-male-male/dp/CS30898?st=display port cable to hdmi

Thx again
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Morning, usually you can go HDMI to HDMI for 1 monitor, and dvi to dvi to the other monitor. That's the standard way if your monitors don't have display port. Or if you're using a TV then HDMI to HDMI on TV and dvi to dvi on monitor. Its not until you use 3 or more monitors that you have to start using the display ports.

Any of those cables you mentioned will work for you. It just depends what ports your monitor has on it but I'd be surprised if neither monitor has dvi. Dvi to dvi cable are on amazon for a few quid.

EDIT: Like this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-DVI-Cable-6-5-Feet-Black/dp/B0131RQTA8?th=1

I will add tho, it's important to know what sockets are on your monitors. Some don't have DVI, like 4k monitors, because DVI only supports upto 1080p.
  • Options

What I was saying with less jargon was - you were right about using integrated at same time. It is doable and I actually had no idea. Now I know. Grats on the mini btw!
  • Options
    @kapowblamz

Thx for that.

Still waiting on response from seller but i,m gonna go up to a shop near me and get the DVI cable tomorrow and pick up a wifi adapter while i,m there. (I,ll update on here but think it will be fine)

In other news the little fella finally started nursery today. 6 hours of freedom, yay

Decided to see what the morning tournys are like. The £5 BH's seem pretty good so playing a cpl of those and just played the £10 Timed Tourny. Missed the first 14 mins but still managed to triple stack for a £30 payout. Hopefully this can be first winning day

GL all

P
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Wifi adapter and DVI cable on there way so will stick with the computer. It does look nice and is super fast.

It was 3rd time lucky with a profitable day at last, even if it was only about £2.

Felt i played ok in the £5 MTT,s yesterday, but lost big pots at crucial stages and it was slow going on the 5p/10p tables with many regs due to the current promo.

Still struggling bit on the learning side especially with the book. He just seems to be rattling off a load of hand ranges and it can be quite hard to follow.

I did run a cpl of spots through Poker Snowie last night and need to use that more. I paid around £100 for the year but have barely used it

Won,t be playing much over the weekend but looking forward to Monday with a zoom chat and an STT with stayorgo and the others and Duesenbergs podcast with Chickenmelt.

GL all

P

BR - £467.44
    Down £32.56
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    New computer up and running fine now

Wasn,t planning to play last night but loaded up a few all in sattelites where there was a bit of value whilst watching the Duesenberg/Chickenmelt podcast. Thought he came accross really well and seems like a nice bloke. Found it really interesting and ended up watching the whole thing.

Managed to qualify for the £750 GTD and 1k GTD Megastack and came 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Ran really well for the most part but still don,t think i played that well.

Had a nice lead going into the FT of the megastack but made some silly mistakes. Tried a 3 bet bluff with J3o against the player in 2nd (Was sure he was going to fold as he does raise pretty wide and figured he wouldn,t want to get into a pot with the chipleader - bad read)

After that I felt i got little bullied on my Big blind and never really had anything to play back at with. Definitely need to do some work on defending from Big blind. I did somehow mange to get lead back with 4 players left but i may have made a mistake for a big pot.

This was the first time i,d seen the guy 3 bet and knew he must be strong so looking back at the flop i probably wasn,t beating much. Could i have found the fold on flop ?

I have around 50BBs and opponent 28BBs and he has about £35 Bounty

I min raise from C/O and he 3 bets 2.5x from Button

I check , hoping to see a free turn but he bets just over half pot and thats when i decide to jam.

BR £500
    Withdrawn £223.89
    Up £223.89
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    PRO3000Small blind2500.002500.0019000.50
    HarryWitBig blind5000.007500.00137687.50
    Your hole cards
    MP33Raise10000.0017500.00249276.00
    XXXXXRaise25000.0042500.00141536.00
    PRO3000Fold
    HarryWitFold
    MP33Call15000.0057500.00234276.00
    Flop
    • J
    • Q
    MP33Check
    XXXXXBet39896.0097396.00101640.00
    MP33All-in234276.00331672.000.00

• Options
    Any ideas for above hand?

£14 down last night (Just a few all in sats)

Tried watching a webinar last night from Johnathon Littles site on "Defending bets" A lot of it went over my head but some of it stuck and felt i learned something.

Just playing the Megastack for now as i,m listening to a podcast on Football tips for the new season. Its that time again to get some antepost bets on. I,m probably going to put more on than normal as i won,t be betting each week like i used too.

If anyone has any tips or just teams they think will under/over acheive especially from lower leagues please post them and i,ll look into prices

Thx

P

BR £486
    Withdrawn £223.89
    Up £209.89
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    MP33 said:

If anyone has any tips or just teams they think will under/over acheive especially from lower leagues please post them and i,ll look into prices

Don't know if Scottish lower leagues are of interest but I like the chances of Cove in league 1, Queens Park should easily win League 2 and in the championship betting without Hearts I think Dunfermline are a nice price.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited September 2020
    Grimsby Town have Ian Holloway in charge so MIGHT (hopefully) have a decent season in League 2. Currently 10/1 for promotion.
  • Options
    Quick update

Just the megastack last night and got a dissapointing 5th. I say that as i never really got much above my starting stack until i doubled up through the chip leader, then he/she very kindly tilted off the rest of their stack to me. Once again went into FT with nice lead only to see it get get whittled away wit some crazy bluffs. My exit hand was a shocker . I played it wrong pre-flop,on the flop and turn and by the river i couldn,t get away from it when opponent hit a set.

BR £500
    Withdrawn £286.51
    Up £286.51

@gregkdy82 Thx Greg. Anything with odds is off interest. Haven,t bet on Scottish lower leagues for years. I used to do 3-3,s in doubles and trebles in league 1 and 2 on the old Willy Hills Coupons as the odds for the draws were greater , making the 3-3,s bigger prices- came close a few times but never really got a big one up

@waller02 Cheers Waller - Forgot he was there. If he sets up anything like when he was at Blackpool in the Prem then it will certainly be an interesting season.

I,ll post my bets up when i,ve finished them but so far my favourite ones are

£50 on Timo Verner for Top Prem Scorer 12/1

Watched a bit of Bundesliga during lockdown as it was the only footy on and very impressed with this guy and with Chelsea spending for fun. It looks like they,re building a strong team and can see them being very attacking and scoring lots. I still thing Man City will outscore everyone but their goals come from everywhere and think Jesus and Auguero will get rotated a bit.

£50 On C Palace to score least Prem Goals 8/1

I had to switch off last season during a Palace game . I,d backed Zaha for shots on target. Talk about playing for a 0-0. It was too frustrating to watch and can,t see much changing with old Roy at the helm and the price was a stand out compared to other bookies.
  • Options
    I would take 12/1 on Werner all day long. He is 10.0 on Betfair.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @kapowblamz Yeah i spotted that. Don,t want to name the site on here as its not Sky but you can see it easily enough on oddschecker

EDIT - Just checked that and he,s in to 9/1 on there . Looks like i got on just in time
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Quick update

Disappointing results for the last cpl of days (about £60 down) on the tables . It seems my results have been much better in the £20 games yet in the £5 ones i can,t even get a min cash. Don,t mind though as i,ve made some good notes and have started going through a few hands from the previous nights play and seeing where i went wrong. Have to keep reminding myself - The idea of this diary is not to make money , but to improve as a player and as long as i,m doing that i,ll be happy.

BR £439.44
    Withdrawn £223.89
    Up £163.33

@waller02 Took your advice on Grimsby and put it in a double - (They were 5/1 the night before)

@gregkdy82 Struggled to find odds on Scottish lower leagues. It was the same for relegation in English lower leagues. Think its something to do with the virus and clubs going into administration

Not a great start but early days

£25 Double Grimsby Top 7 (9/2) and Southampton over 49pts (6/5)

£20 Slavan Billic 1st Manager to leave 14/1

£25 Double Southampton over 49 pts (6/5) and Leeds over 48 pts (6/4)

£10 Treble Sheff Weds relegated (7/4) Peterborough Top 6 (10/11) and Morecambe +30 points (15/1)

£50 Barnsley Top Yorkshire team in Championship 7/2

£25 Arsenal +26pts 15/1

£15 Preston for relegation 16/1 (At least i won,t get as frustrated when they lose anymore)

Wasn,t going to do weekly bets but had a £20 match bet so did this but i,m a little confused. The odds seem too big and 2 matches were postponed. Normally 4+ corners is around 1/50 or less. I,m sure i read it right and the bet is still open going onto tomorrows games. Surely if it was a mistake on their part it should have been voided by now.

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited September 2020
    Gl with all the bets, hope a couple of them come in (especially the Grimsby one).
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Cheers Waller

Just realised my error

I,ve been on the site and it turns out the above bet is for the whole season - Every single game - Thats about 760 games. Whoops . At least its not down yet - Who knows?

EDIT - Worked out ok tho

I thought i,d missed out on the free £20 match bet as i thought it had to be settled this weekend so went on to chat to ask if they could still credit it me despite my mistake . The very nice man said yes and credited me the £20 free bet. Then i noticed they,d already credited it to my account so i now have £40 of free bets. Happy days
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Quick update

Woke up at 6am after having a nightmare and it wasn,t worth going back to sleep so played a bit of cash for an hour and managed a £16 profit on 10p/20p table.

BR £470.55
    Withdrawn £223.89
    Up £194.44

I was pretty tired last night so chose not to play ( I have noticed i play so much better after a decent nights sleep, but thats pretty rare these days). I messed around on Poker Snowie instead looking at spots i,d struggled with from previous day.

Its coming up with some strange results though and making me doubt other decisions its making. I can,t get my head around this one. Calling a 20BB shove from the Hijack in the SB with 22. I then put it into Snapshove and that says i shouldn,t be calling with any pairs less than 99.

I emailed Snapshove and got this response which i don,t really understand

"In this scenario we can see that in the long term the EV for calling is more positive than a fold and this would be the basis for Snowie's advice to call.

However, we would also like to mention that the Ai's decision to call, or to play other moves, is not always based on Expected Value (EV). It's based on the GTO strategy that it has learned, where some times it has in fact learned to play moves with different expected values, because overall they have proven to be positive in the long run.

The EV's displayed have been calculated by training a specific AI which has learned in the individual hands and therefore the expected value of a certain play. However, those equities should be considered as an estimation of the short term value of the hand.

Thanks,

• Options
    Poor cpl of nights on the tables and a loss of £67.41.

BR £432.59
    Withdrawn £223.89
    Up £656.48

Took a cpl of shots at15/30p but didn,t pay off

More dissapointing than that though was didn,t manage any studying. I,ve practically given up with the book. I have listened to it a cpl of times but don,t feel much has really sunk in. I normally have it on earphones when i,m out and about so can,t keep reffering to the charts he,s on about and theres a lot.

Think next form of study will be some paid coaching. (just 1 or 2 lessons) and see how it goes. (Theres plenty of it about it seems)

GL all