You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

what does sky poker do to stop bots?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Mayhem357Mayhem357 Member Posts: 87
    I'll be the first to admit I've no idea how a bot works but I'd imagine there would be a few tell tale signs i.e. the account likely plays in a rigid manner, takes the exact same time to act, likely plays huge amounts of volume over really long hours.

I would be looking for these sorts of signs as well as any variation on results.

P.s for what it's worth I've played on Sky for ten years now and can only think of one instance where I thought (not proven) someone could be a "bot", I feel the site is well marshalled and regs would quickly notice if something was off - see Darsh immediately jumping on collusion in a DYM.
  • Options
    bencbenc Member Posts: 1,054
    I am talking about plays such as calling off half their stack when 25 blinds deep heads up with j7 off suit.

These gto bots getting better by the day :D

I played a bot who used to sit husng lower on sky a fair bit a few years ago, it was pretty obvious after a decent sample and Sky eventually dealt with it and i imagine they were banned. I think regs who play the games regularly will normally recognise discrepancies from 'normal' after a reasonable sample of playing and then pass it onto sky who deal with it in whatever way.