You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

September promotion - CASH KINGS. Starts Monday. £40,000 to be won.

13»

Comments

• Options
    percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804

gpc70 said:

can't believe you lot moaning about a promotion ffs get in the real world

The problem isn't that there is a promotion, it's that this particular type of promotion makes it very unappealing for recreational players, or any player without a realistic chance of winning for that matter (which is 99% of the player pool). Even the ones that win don't have fun, they literally grind their life away for a week in hopes of finishing in the top 1 or 2, otherwise their entire 80 hour week has been a complete waste of time. Tables are (more so than normal) filled with regs mass multi tabling. There are no good tables. Every one is filled with almost all regs, being nitty because they have a million tables. Not only does this make it less fun for everyone involved, it drives away recreational players, possibly for good.

Even as a winning reg, I avoid rake races like the plague because I know it's full of regs being boring nits. Even if you do manage to make some money it will be no fun because all everyone is trying to do is play as many hands as possible without losing money.

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Cheers for showing everyone my big spins stack @percival09
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,292
    MattBates said:

Cheers for showing everyone my big spins stack @percival09

To be fair you had only just sat, I think you get an automatic 25p @MattBates bonus, just for being @MattBates.
  • Options
    tonyp142tonyp142 Member Posts: 33
    Just my thoughts.. Seems like the prizes on offer for the lower stakes is much better than the higher. 300 for .Winning the 10/.20 is a lot more big blinds than winning 1000 at the higher limits.

I do find these promos a bit pointless for me. I opted in and get £10 a week but get 40 In regular rakeback. Completely get why sky do them though. Get players fighting over a smaller rake prize than they generate. It’s a win, win.

Would love to see some different style promos. Maybe around a daily tournament. Maybe a leaderboard for highest roi, most bounties collected. A mix up in the schedule or a mini ukops? Would love a few more freezeouts!
  • Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    Probs a silly question but is this promotion simply an accumulation of # points you get playing cash in each sector - i.e. unlike premier league which ranked each day 1-50? Or is there still a daily ranking factor?
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited September 2020
    AB0151 said:

Probs a silly question but is this promotion simply an accumulation of # points you get playing cash in each sector - i.e. unlike premier league which ranked each day 1-50? Or is there still a daily ranking factor?

Just how many poker points you earn in that sector
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

AB0151 said:

Cheers - so in theory you could win sector by missing a day if you blast unlike premier league one whereby you’d need to be at it every day. Thanks again.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,320
    AB0151 said:

K0BAYASHl said:

AB0151 said:

Cheers - so in theory you could win sector by missing a day if you blast unlike premier league one whereby you’d need to be at it every day. Thanks again.

@AB0151

That, or just win the Main Event...
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

AB0151 said:

K0BAYASHl said:

AB0151 said:

@AB0151

That, or just win the Main Event...
    Ha ha - think the expression goes “good for the game” 😎