You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WSOP Online Day 3 chip counts. Recognize anyone?

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,219
edited September 2020 in Poker Chat
Here's the leading chip counts after Day 3.

38 players remain, with $4 million to the winner.

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    I thought he was Scottish? Sat next to him at the Sky £1K uk thingy at DTD. Nice young man, and I hope he remembers telling me that I had 1% of him at any future WSOP events.

(no 2 btw)
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

I thought he was Scottish? Sat next to him at the Sky £1K uk thingy at DTD. Nice young man, and I hope he remembers telling me that I had 1% of him at any future WSOP events.

(no 2 btw)

Yes, he is a Scot, but according to Poker News, he's playing from Cyprus.

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,022
    Is he an old Sky player then?
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    I think that's the brilliant bencb in 8th?
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    A few weeks back I was getting told off on stream for having this guy labelled as a 'fun' player. Solid reads here :D.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,022

A few weeks back I was getting told off on stream for having this guy labelled as a 'fun' player. Solid reads here :D.

So he is a current Sky player?
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Style2737 I believe.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,530
    edited September 2020
    Style2737 no way. Played him a bit at spins and plo. He appears for a few hours now and then and then you don't see him for weeks.

Tough line up with Rolle and Piccioli in there.
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Used to be a beast on cash a few years ago nearly always on pot of the week on Sky TV good luck to him.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,242
    Tikay10 said:
    @Tikay10 For the dumb (me!) how much is he asking and for what exactly? And, in your opinion, will there be takers of this offer?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    TVSpice said:

Tikay10 said:
    @Tikay10 For the dumb (me!) how much is he asking and for what exactly? And, in your opinion, will there be takers of this offer?
    You get 25% of what he ends up cashing for and it costs you $180k.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Is there a payout table available? Couldnt see anythimng omn the GG site, but dont have an account there.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    TVSpice said:

Tikay10 said:
    @TVSpice

Hi Spicey,

I honestly have no idea. There's been no takers on his Twitter feed, but maybe there's been some done via DM's.

He is an experienced player, both Online & Live, in the latter he has played all over the world, here's his "THM" (list of "Live" poker cashes);

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=301981

It's really hard to say. Personally? No, for me, when buying action, I always preferred to do it before the event starts, & I almost never pay above par. Logically (in my mind), we've missed the boat by buying at this stage, the value has long since sailed. The value is BEFORE it starts. But I'm out of date with these things, so I've no idea.

You might be surprised to know that it used to be the case - maybe still is - that ad-hoc investments of this nature in poker take place informally, just a "virtual handshake" online - no contracts or the like. Many, many players have had their fingers burnt, believe me. The player first has to bink big, & then he has to be trusted to pay up, & that's not always the case.

I could give you 100's of examples, but a lad named Chino Rheem probably tops the bill. He's pulled more staking scams than enough - usually straight up refusing to pay, but in one famous incident people were curious as to the strange way he busted out. He claimed he lost with A-K v A-A, but it was later revealed he had cold 4 bet jammed 95 Bigs all-in with K-10. Why would he do that? Because he had sold 150% of his action. In other words, if the entry was $10,000, he had sold 150% of $10,000, so he would obviously be dumping off his chips as he could not afford to win. If he won, say, $1,000,000, he'd be on the hook for $1,500,000 to his stakers. (depends on mark up).

Here'a a typical Chino scam;

Most notably, Guy Laliberte himself backed Rheem’s entry into the WSOP’s $111,111 Big One for One Drop tournament. However, Rheem allegedly not only took the funds and lost it at a high-stakes baccarat table but also allegedly sold additional shares of himself to others.

google Chino Rheem poker staking scam if this sort of things interests you.

Fascinating topic, & perhaps one we should return to, & on a new thread.

Probably best to ask the younger guys what the current scene is, I'm a little out of touch with the scene now.

I must emphasise none of this refers to Michael, who has an exemplary record in poker as far as I am aware, & I hope he gets the lot.

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,285
    I can't remember the players involved but there is a well known story that two players swapped action whilst having a loo break at one of the WSOP events, then later someone told one guy that he'd been scammed as the other player had already bust out when the deal was done, to which he replied that he'd never even entered the event!
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Good luck to him!

Quickly on the Chino Rheem thing and he is likely the most well-known scammer. It is fascinating, how that guy is still has legs to walk with I do not know. Have and continue to be stunned at the level of trust in poker. It's like no other business or game.

Watched a couple of interviews with him at the time it was talked about on another poker forum. He looks shifty, 'dead in the eyes' and soulless.

This interview is one I spotted previously. Not a great interview by any stretch however it seems like he is almost waiting for someone to walk past and ask for their money back.

The words he uses when talking about his debts and paying back don't appear to have any feeling behind them.

Shifty starts 30 seconds in and is a constant in the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt3W_fK8zhQ
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,242
    MattBates said:

TVSpice said:

Tikay10 said:
    You get 25% of what he ends up cashing for and it costs you $180k.
    Wow! So, if my maths are correct, he has to finish top five for any investor to get any profit!
  • Options
    Even Jamie Gold initially stiffed his genuine friend for his share of main event winnings. He paid in the end afaik, however, after some court battles.
  • Options
    Here's someone who finally had enough of Chino Rheem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76prlv3RKY