You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

All pubs & restaurants in Central Scotland to close for 2 weeks due to COVID

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,171

Pretty devastating news for those living in Central Scotland, which includes Glasgow & Edinburgh.

Closure will be from 6pm this Friday for 2 weeks.

Interesting to note that infection rates in Scotland are LOWER than in England, in fact some part of England have infection rates SIX TIMES higher.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54449573

Comments

• Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Sigh indeed.
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    if it's that important why wait until friday?
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Brave move as this new rule change effects 3/5ths of the population.

The Glasgow area was given a softer restriction prior. The timing also coincides with the school half-term starting on Friday.

Short term restrictions make sense to prevent the virus spreading and hopefully this nips things in the bud to stop this prolonging. She has been getting pelters for this one and was given them when she didn't put similar restrictions in place before. A bit of no-win. Hoping this pays off.

Bad day for pubs and pub-goers mainly of course.
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    oh and i missed the 6pm bit so all can go to the pub on friday but got to leave at 6pm farce i thought it was only borris made stupid rules like closing pubs at 10 because the virus is at its peak from 10pm load of bulls hit
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    Ah will just buy a huuuuuuuuge carry - oot and shut the blinds for a fortnight :'( .
  • Options
    RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    Never ending isn't it and it's coming up to the regular flu season so I can only see things getting worse again unfortunately.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,530
    This will save Scottish lives and possibly some from covid too.
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 910
    As someone who lives in the area I think it's a lot of nonsense, not based on any science or evidence, and no coincidence that announcement made on the same day as this, almost as if they hoped no-one would notice:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54439758

I also agree entirely with this article, this virus is nowhere near as serious as we first thought and if we keep going on like this the collateral damage will far outweigh the effects it has on the country as whole in the long term:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54442386

• Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    The SNP get a free ride from the journo's up here, their policy failures is terrible, she's a master of deflection, when the **** hits the fan they start shoutin FREEDOM and eveythin is forgotten about, it's scandalous, they have tried to hide loads of things with this Salmond carry on, but the scary thing is, she's better then Boris, he's in way over his heid.
  • Options
    RinkhalsRinkhals Member Posts: 212
    rabdeniro said:

The SNP get a free ride from the journo's up here, their policy failures is terrible, she's a master of deflection, when the **** hits the fan they start shoutin FREEDOM and eveythin is forgotten about, it's scandalous, they have tried to hide loads of things with this Salmond carry on, but the scary thing is, she's better then Boris, he's in way over his heid.

Yep, when they balls it up they just blame nasty Westminster and start spouting off about a 2nd referendum.