You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A Punishment That Doesnt Fit The Crime.

HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,507
Mother of five-year-old launches appeal after her daughter's rapist is spared jail

The mother of a five-year-old girl has launched an appeal after her daughter’s rapist was spared jail.

The parent, who cannot be named to protect her daughter's anonymity, said her family's life had been "ripped apart" after Callum Haycock was spared prison.

The 21-year-old was found guilty of raping a child under 13 at Worcester Crown Court on October 1.

Haycock, of Kidderminster, was sentenced to a three-year community order and 35 days’ rehabilitation requirement.

He was fined £200 and ordered to pay £2,500 to the victim, and was put on the Sexual Offenders’ Register for five years.

After the case, the mother said she was distraught that Haycock had avoided jail and vowed to appeal the sentence at the High Court.

She said: “I ran out of the court and slammed the door behind me, as I walked out of the court I just shouted ‘it’s a f***ing joke’. I see no justice for my daughter in this.”

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/mother-of-fiveyearold-launches-appeal-after-her-daughters-rapist-is-spared-jail-171842179.html