You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

TRACK & TRACE Gangnam 'Tory' style

madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
Can we stop calling the new app the NHS track and trace system as its clearly a Serco system and on that point...

Dido Harding, head of Seemingly Everything, said Test and Trace would be “local by default” and be “highly efficient”

She then handed £12bn to Serco, which is highly efficiently charging us £7360 per day for consultants. To trace Covid infections. Which they aren’t doing

Serco’s CEO is the brother of an ex-Tory MP. His partner is a Tory donor. Serco’s ex-head of PR is now a Tory Health Minister

If you feel all this is a bit corrupt, you can complain to the govt’s Anti-Corruption Champion, John Penrose, who is married to Dido Harding

Track & Trace? If you track any of the recent, probably corrupt but certainly inept decisions, you can trace it back to a mate of a mate....

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,098
    madprof said:

Can we stop calling the new app the NHS track and trace system as its clearly a Serco system and on that point...

Dido Harding, head of Seemingly Everything, said Test and Trace would be “local by default” and be “highly efficient”

She then handed £12bn to Serco, which is highly efficiently charging us £7360 per day for consultants. To trace Covid infections. Which they aren’t doing

Serco’s CEO is the brother of an ex-Tory MP. His partner is a Tory donor. Serco’s ex-head of PR is now a Tory Health Minister

If you feel all this is a bit corrupt, you can complain to the govt’s Anti-Corruption Champion, John Penrose, who is married to Dido Harding

Track & Trace? If you track any of the recent, probably corrupt but certainly inept decisions, you can trace it back to a mate of a mate....

On a lighter note, I worked for Capita for many years. It was getting slated at the time for being totally tied to New Labour, and inappropriate donations.

Me being me, I circulated an internal Memo, suggesting how to combat this. I suggested giving £7 million to Labour, £6.5 million to the Tories, and £9.34 to the Lib Dems.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    Essexphil said:

madprof said:

On a lighter note, I worked for Capita for many years. It was getting slated at the time for being totally tied to New Labour, and inappropriate donations.

Me being me, I circulated an internal Memo, suggesting how to combat this. I suggested giving £7 million to Labour, £6.5 million to the Tories, and £9.34 to the Lib Dems.
    That beats my answer to receiving a letter from my bank some years ago informing me I was overdrawn and i needed to resolve this immediately, which I did by return...I sent them a cheque!
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,493
    madprof said: