You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Who's your favourite player and why?

maxaDmaxaD Member Posts: 12
edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
I have too many too mention :smile:  but can any of you single one person out head and shoulders above the rest? (i just posted this on the sky poker tour forum by accident and can't get it off..sorry :wink:)

Comments

• YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited May 2009
    I think the mods should have the ability to move it from forum to forum, if that's the case then in future you can just leave it there untill the mods move it. In answer to the question, probably Daniel Negreanu. Not only is he a good player with interesting concepts (e.g his smallball philosophy) but he can be super entertaining to watch at a table.
  • maxaDmaxaD Member Posts: 12
    edited May 2009
    He's definately one of the most fascinating to watch, what do you think about Peter Eastgate, Tom Dwan and the rest of "the new blood"?
  • silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited May 2009
    For me it's Gus Hansen. A little bit of craziness mixed with some good logic.
  • Bytor_2112Bytor_2112 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2009
    Veronika Larsen - do I really need to say why

:wink:
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited May 2009

Bytor_2112 = Dan Lobb in disguise? :wink: Lol, I think Tom Dwan is an absolutely super player. There was one hand on a Poker After Dark cash game where he was in a hand vs Phil Hellmuth, he called a raise on the turn with bottom pair, checked a scary-ish river to Phil who made just shy of a potsize bet. Dwan took aaaaaaaages making up his mind, shot a bit of an angle, but eventually folded just bottom pair. That was the second time I saw him on TV (the other being when he sucked out on Hellmuth in the Heads Up Championship, getting it all in bad with TT against Phil's AA and hitting a T on the turn) and that hand made me respect him as a player to no end because he seemed to geniunely believe he had the best hand. Just unfortunatley couldn't pull the trigger.

• Sky_TVcrewSky_TVcrew Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2009

For me it's Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson.  He knows his stuff and I like the hat!!

• maxaDmaxaD Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2009
    I like the hat too, and a killer beard to match :D if only everyone were so cool :P
  • Hawaii__50Hawaii__50 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2009
    Donnacha O'Dea
  • CIA260895CIA260895 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2009
  • SHIRTYSHIRTY Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2009
    MY FAVOURITE PLAYER IS TEZBO NEVER AFRAID TO LOSE WOT A GUY
  • MBroughtonMBroughton Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2009
    Megan Fox. Yes, I know she doesn't play poker, but I don't care. M
  • INGLENOOKINGLENOOK Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2009
    For me its got to be Doyle the Grandaddy of them all. What staying power, and a real ambassador for this great game.
  • markiskingmarkisking Member Posts: 29
    edited June 2009
    phill hellmuth by a mile.great poker player and very good to watch.when he called a guy an idoit about ten times in wsop 2008 lol he was wrong but thats phill 4 u
  • annie_dukeannie_duke Member Posts: 545
    edited June 2009
    annie duke