You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Wanna win a prize as well as cash? Play the Orfordable League, a friendly, leisurely 10 seat Deepy

SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,031
edited November 2020 in Poker Chat

Comments

• Options
    Good morning Orfy people, it's a new month and a new set of prizes to be won.
    Welcome to the November edition of the Orfordable League. If anyone wishes to join our merry band of players then please post your screen name and team name on this thread, before the end of late reg (end of L5- 60 mins) on any Friday.
    Congratulations go to @stokefc and @fredsgirl on winning a prize in October and the very best of luck to you both for tonight in the 9.30pm £11 BH.
    Here is the Autoreg list for tonight & all of November

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folks, well played to the 8 Orfordablers who made the FT last night, even though none could take the win. Nonetheless those 8 all have a solid base score, from which they can launch an attack on the prizes this month. The top 3 are as follows, in 3rd place is last month's League Winner @stokefc. 2nd goes to @giesahaun and in top spot, with a 2nd place finish last night, is @pomfrittes. Thank you all for playing and here is the League table after November Week 1:

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope you are well. I was going to mention that it is just 6 weeks until Christmas but thought better of it as it is still a bit too early to say the Chr- word. Anyway, we still have 3 weeks left this month so everyone is in waith a chance os collecting a prize. The best of luck tonight Orfordablers, here is the Autoreg list for tonight (& all of November)

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Good morning Orfy folk. We have a shuffling of the pack after last night's results with the League leader (@pomfrittes), finishing 32nd, dropping 6 places down to 7th with a score of 34. The 3 players who occupied 2nd, 3rd & 4th last week now occupy 1st, 2nd & 3rd so in 3rd is @stokefc, who stays put in 3rd with a score of 19. Jumping 2 places into 2nd is @HENDRIK62, with his 2nd FT of the month and a score of 13. Moving up just the one spot after taking the win and the League lead is @giesahaun, whom also made his 2nd FT, with the rather magnificent score of just 4. Congratulations to @giesahaun and well played everybody else, also thank you to everyone who played last night. Here is the updated League table

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and staying safe.
    Here we are, already 3 weeks into our 4 week month (& only 5 short weeks away from Christmas) but with everything still to play for, so put your best foot forward and try to win a prize this month. Good luck to everyone who plays tonight and here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, there has been a change towards the top of the league this week. @giesahaun retains his overall lead but @Boxster, with a 2nd place finish last night giving him a score of 6, leapfrogs both @HENDRIK62 and @stokefc into 2nd place. Well played @Boxster.
    Thank you all for playing and here is the League table after November Week 3

• Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, I hope everyone is well and staying safe. We have made it to the end of the month so that means it is prizegiving time. There are still plenty of players in with a chance of a prize so best foot forward everyone and the very best of luck to you all. Here is the Autoreg list

• Options
    giesahaungiesahaun Member Posts: 109
    So looking at the results I will win 1st this month unless either @Boxster or @pomfrittes finish 1st tonight.

Also @HENDRIK62, @stokefc, @supercrazy, @Toffeeandy, @SidV79 have to finish 1st tonight to have a chance of passing the current 2nd placed @Boxster.

So tonight the 1st place is so much more important than normal.

Last week I was knocked out by the previously mentioned @SidV79 when he scored his significant 5th finish.

In the first week I was knocked out by the previously mentioned @pomfrittes when he scored his significant 2nd finish and my significant 3rd finish.

I looked back on July's League. In week 3 I finished 6th and moved to 2nd in league behind in 1st @Boxster who had finished one place behind that week in 7th. In week 2 I fell away in the league and @pomfrittes finished 1st that week and moved into 2nd behind @Boxster. In the final week @boxster finished 6th dropping to 2nd that month and @pomfrittes finished 4th that week to 1st in the league that month.

I am hyperventilating at the thought of the above.

1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st

gl all
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited November 2020
    Tried this again tonight after a few week break. Someone decided to jam on me pre flop with 3 6, I call with AK suited and I am no longer in the tournament. You can only laugh.
    Perhaps I'll fair better in December's edition. :smile:
  • Options
    giesahaungiesahaun Member Posts: 109
    Asho28 said:

Tried this again tonight after a few week break. Someone decided to jam on me pre flop with 3 6, I call with AK suited and I am no longer in the tournament. You can only laugh.
    Perhaps I'll fair better in December's edition. :smile:

You can take a note on the player and look forward to next time you meet. Your luck will average out in your favour in the long time.
  • Options
    Good morning Orfy folk, it's time for some prizes to be given outbut first, a quick look over last night's results.
    Congratulations go to @wynne1938 for his hard fought win over @Boomswitch, their scores last night lifting them to 3rd and 4th respectively, in the League table. Well played guys. In 3rd place last night was our League Leader @giesahaun, therefore consolidating his overall lead with his 3rd FT of the month (a win and 2 3rd places), very well played @giesahaun and excellent consistency. @Boxster stays in 2nd place overall so lets all give a big hand to both our Winner: @giesahaun and Runner-up: @Boxster, who both win a free entry into next Friday's (Dec 4th) 9.30pm £11 BH.
    Thank you everyone for playing, here is the final League table after November Week 4