You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Joe Biden 1.09Would you money buy?

A great price surely. Equates to 9 per cent minus your exchange deduction and although I never step in at this price this is too good to miss dudes step in for your expenses : )

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,811
    edited November 2020
    @thefall

Not sure I'd want to bet him today at 1.09 - he was 1.03 as recently as yesterday. So the drift is a bit worrying. In the same timescale, Trump has gone from 25/1 to slightly over 10/1.

Note also that bets on the US election won't get settled until Biden's appointment is official. Trump will be exercising every avenue of appeal for as long as he can, so our money could be tied up for quite some time.

American politics & law is a weird thing. It's certainly not out of the question that Trump somehow remains as POTUS. (God help us all).

For obvious reasons, I hope you win - & the sooner the better.
  • Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    I have had my bets on Biden paid out already
  • thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    Well I think three months maximum is a very good yield. Im glad you've been paid out already but the market is still open on Bet fair you backed with bookies I guess?
    This is the shortest price I've ever taken in fact the next price closest was a horse called Space Cruiser trained by the late Sir Henry Cecil 2-11 that gave me great palpitations lol : ).
    Im not an odds on player generally but this really is a steal lol.

Good punting to you all!
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    Skybet are offering 1/14 that Trump won't concede before 13/11/20.
    You win if it is on 13/11, later, or never.

This was 1/6 only 2 days ago.

The concession has to be a TV address where he explicitly concedes that Biden won.
    Never going to happen, surely.
    But I'm still not biting at those odds.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,811

Skybet are offering 1/14 that Trump won't concede before 13/11/20.
    You win if it is on 13/11, later, or never.

This was 1/6 only 2 days ago.

The concession has to be a TV address where he explicitly concedes that Biden won.
    Never going to happen, surely.
    But I'm still not biting at those odds.

I can't see him conceding in that timescale, in fact I'm not sure he'll ever say those actual words, his ego won't allow him to.
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    edited November 2020
    I've been paid from 3 out of 4 books. The only book not paying up yet is the bitcoin one and here's their stance:

'As a result of the proposed legal challenges surrounding the voting in some of the States in the US Presidential election, our odds provider will be delaying our settlement of this, and subsequent related outrights, until the outcome of these challenges become transparent.'

They gave me £80 worth of Ethereum while I wait tho, so I can't complain.

HOLD THE PRESS. Unbelievably, while I was typing this I have been paid by the 4th book so everything is settled.
    Pleased to hear you've been settled up! The Betfair market continues to trade and Mr Biden is still 1.09! Ive no liquidity left lol.

Good Punting!
    If you're not aware they usually raise your liquidity if you message them.
    No I wasn't aware dude and I've been on their from very early days!
    Sorry, I'm stupid. You mean you've got no money left... I thought you meant exposure for some reason!
    No worries dude lol!
  • sighcallsighcall Member Posts: 494
    I have 0 idea about politics but was interested when a bookie paid out my mates bet on biden however betfair still trades. Surely betfair still trading means there is still a chance Trump wins. If he does somehow win, what would the bookies stance be? Pay out on both?
    edited November 2020
    The bitcoin book I used actually emailed about this saying:

'We are currently settling your bet on Joe Biden to win the US Election, and are keeping Donald Trump bets pending, in case of any changes in office. Your winnings will be processed in the next 24 hours.

You were part of one of the biggest events on ***** ever, with an unprecedented amount of turnover on the event. Better yet, your bet was a winner.

Thank you for your patience during this time - we are sure you are aware that the US Election was a whirlwind to say the least.

We have decided to pay out on Biden bets, but we are not settling any bets on Trump. If under any circumstance that Trump does get put back in US office, your winnings will not be affected. Your bet will always be marked as a winner.'

So if Trump wins they take a huge hit paying every bet as a winner. It does make the 1.10 on offer on BF look even more attractive.

I think a part of the reason that you can still get 1.10 on BF is that all of the sharp money is gone and just mug money backing Trump when they don't realise that there's no way Trump has a 1 in 10 chance of winning now.
  • sighcallsighcall Member Posts: 494

The bitcoin book I used actually emailed about this saying:

'We are currently settling your bet on Joe Biden to win the US Election, and are keeping Donald Trump bets pending, in case of any changes in office. Your winnings will be processed in the next 24 hours.

You were part of one of the biggest events on ***** ever, with an unprecedented amount of turnover on the event. Better yet, your bet was a winner.

Thank you for your patience during this time - we are sure you are aware that the US Election was a whirlwind to say the least.

We have decided to pay out on Biden bets, but we are not settling any bets on Trump. If under any circumstance that Trump does get put back in US office, your winnings will not be affected. Your bet will always be marked as a winner.'

So if Trump wins they take a huge hit paying every bet as a winner. It does make the 1.10 on offer on BF look even more attractive.

I think a part of the reason that you can still get 1.10 on BF is that all of the sharp money is gone and just mug money backing Trump when they don't realise that there's no way Trump has a 1 in 10 chance of winning now.
    Thats interesting...i might check if the major bookies are also paying out if trump does eventually win (SkyBet tweeted out saying "We have settled on Biden as the winner. Any later legal challenges will not count towards bets including the supreme court")

If major bookies are prepared to pay out if Trump eventually wins then surely 1.1 on biden looks huge - as you wouldnt expect major bookies to get it wrong. Especially on a market where they have taken record bets.

But minimal understanding of betting markets and even less on how the US election works so prob give it a swerve for the 10% return.
    Well im still waiting all my money is tied up pending Trumps acceptance of defeat ( unlikely) .
    If I've read it right I think December 14th will be the point even Bet fairy has to settle up. Bet fairy of course has an interest to keep the market running as another five million has been traded since my original post.
    I know its buying it but I'm I'm paying price now as I have no liquidity left. Its actually 1.10 now so I missed the price too lol.

Good Punting to all!
    Now 1.11!!
    A staggering 870 million pounds traded and the market still open!!!
    Joe now 1.04 millions available of you have some spare savings : )!

Good Luck...

Bet Fairy finally close market after College confirmation over 1.6 billion traded!

WEIGHED IN WEIGHED IN!

Good punting.