You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Really Sky - come on !! Player names.........

2»

Comments

• stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,626
    My alias offends loads and loads of people on the tables, why, it's simple enough to understand
  • DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240

Doooobs said:

It seems really straightforward. The rules are that you can't pick a name that may cause offence, so the name should be changed. The word has been used offensively since I was a kid and I am not that young.

I am sure civilisation will not end if the player has to change his name to Sammy42, Samba42 or SamBoy42 or whatever.

Your name is similar to a slang term for a joint (doobie) and could offend too; anyone's name could offend if someone looks hard enough to be offended.

Threads like this make me despair.
    I think a fair few more people have been offended by someone calling them Sambo than Doooobs, but it is Sky Poker's site and they asked me to change my name on their site because they thought it broke their rules, I really wouldn't give a toss. It just doesn't really matter to me at all and it is their site, not mine.

I do think it would have been better dealt with by contacting customer care or by using a PM. As an aside how did that 4th one on the anal list get through?
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,013
    Doooobs said:

Doooobs said:

It seems really straightforward. The rules are that you can't pick a name that may cause offence, so the name should be changed. The word has been used offensively since I was a kid and I am not that young.

I am sure civilisation will not end if the player has to change his name to Sammy42, Samba42 or SamBoy42 or whatever.

Your name is similar to a slang term for a joint (doobie) and could offend too; anyone's name could offend if someone looks hard enough to be offended.

I think a fair few more people have been offended by someone calling them Sambo than Doooobs, but it is Sky Poker's site and they asked me to change my name on their site because they thought it broke their rules, I really wouldn't give a toss. It just doesn't really matter to me at all and it is their site, not mine.

I do think it would have been better dealt with by contacting customer care or by using a PM. As an aside how did that 4th one on the anal list get through?

I know right, you can't have both at the same time.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,271
    waller02 said:

Doooobs said:

Doooobs said:

I know right, you can't have both at the same time.
    Anyone played them? Are they loose or tight, or do they vary depending on what sort of test you're putting them to?
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    I played on Party for years as JackKingOff until I decided to have a blast on PartyBingo. My account was suspended faster than a fat kid chasing the ice cream van.
  • ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    Doooobs said:

Doooobs said:

It has since been changed by sky to HAYSIE...
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,514

Doooobs said:

Doooobs said:

It has since been changed by sky to HAYSIE...
    POST OF THE DAY. ;)
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297

Doooobs said:

I’m cool with Andy but toffee? Come on! Think of all those sweets that kids eat causing dental decay....you should be ashamed of yourself💩

Next you’ll try and tell me you are one of the 3 Everton fans they have...👹
  • miniman88miniman88 Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2020
    Doooobs said: