You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Priority Club Birthday Bonus Removed?

bearlytherbearlyther Member Posts: 1,757
Hi,

I am a member of the sky poker pririty club having gained over 10,000 poker points last month.

I asked the live chat team today if i would be able to receive my bonus.

They explained to me 1st of all that as my poker account was not a priority member account i would not be entitled to it. I then explained that i was a priority member and they could check my poker points.

Then i was told Unfortunately, this is no longer something we offer, apologies for this and any frustaion caused.

Later on i spoke to another member of the team and was told unfortunately we are unable to offer you this birthday bonus today and was also told apologies for missinformation if i thought priority club members got the £50 bonus.

I tried to continue the conversation with the agent to get more details but was unable to do so as unfortunately they decided to dissconnect the chat.

On the priority page it says the birthday bonus is still available https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/priority-benefits-and-rewards.

Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding as 1st of all they thought i wasnt even in priority then after they had no more information.

So I would like to know has the birthday bonus been scrapped for priority club members and if indeed it has been then why is the information still on the website. Or perhaps just a misunderstanding?

Kind Regards

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,807
    edited November 2020

@bearlyther

As far as I am aware, the Prio Birthday Bonus is still in effect, it certainly was a fortnight ago when I helped get someone's else's sorted.

If you don't mind waiting until Monday, I'll short-cut the process & speak to the Birthday Bloke directly, & then get back to you.
  • bearlytherbearlyther Member Posts: 1,757
    Thanks Tikay much appreciated

Regards
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    edited November 2020
    Ive now been told that the reason this happened is because my account was incorrectly down as an ex priority member and they will let the team know to correct this.

This is a little bit dissapointing to learn as it obviously means i would not have been entered into the priority prize draw at the start of the month also.
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Wonder how many times this happens ( not entered into the prizedraw) You only found out because of your birthday.
    Hi Tikay i dont seem to be getting anywhere with the live chat other than going round in circles.

Ive been told once again this morning that i am not in the priority club.

Looking into this also you are not in the sky poker priority sorry Conor.
    Lucy R
    10:13
    yes i am in the sky poker priority club
    10:13
    can i speak to someone from the priority club please
    10:14
    I can confirm you are not sorry Conor. I can see you were but are no longer.
    Lucy R
    no thats wrong lucy
    i am in the priority club
    I can assure you you are no longer priority poker sorry, https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/priority - is all the terms e.t.c. if needed
    Lucy R
    can i speak to someone in the priority club please
    10:16
    i can assure you that i am in the priority club 100%
    Sorry Conor we don't transfer chats. But I can see for myself on your account you are not and the poker team have confirmed this sorry Conor.
    Lucy R
    10:17
    no i am in the priority club check my points for yourself

The team have and confirmed you aren't priority sorry Conor, Is there anything else I can do for you?
    Lucy R
    yes id like to speak to the priority team because i am in the priority club

I can assure you are not sorry, I will now end the chat as we are going round in circles, I can see you have been advised also that we would not look to give you a birthday bonus.
    Lucy R
    10:20
    yes we are going round in circles because i keep telling your team for the past 3 days that i am in the priority club and you are telling me i am not?

@bearlyther

As I already stated on Saturday, I'll see if I can get this sorted this morning. I've sent a message up already, & either someone from Prio will contact you, or I'll let you know the score soonest if I hear back from them.
    Thanks Tikay Appreciated

@bearlyther

This has now been authorised & will likely hit your account some time today.
    Have it now Thanks Tikay
  • bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,699
    That live chat exchange looks like a mid-life crisis. Happy Birthday!
    K0BAYASHl said:

Wonder how many times this happens ( not entered into the prizedraw) You only found out because of your birthday.

@K0BAYASHl

If he was not in Prio the prior month he would not qualify for the Prio Prize Draw anyway.
    edited November 2020

Ive now been told that the reason this happened is because my account was incorrectly down as an ex priority member and they will let the team know to correct this.

This is a little bit dissapointing to learn as it obviously means i would not have been entered into the priority prize draw at the start of the month also.

You needed to be in Prio the prior month to earn tickets & be in the Prio Prize Draw. This month you definitely are, so you will be in the Draw that takes place on 1st December.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,430
    my birthday is in January if I have VIP in December I will get birthday bonus or not? looks like the issue got sorted but was some form of admin error. I have dealt with much worse from other sites.

for the most part sky have been good so far in my experience but I would be annoyed in Bearlyther's shoes.
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,269
    My birthday's in December but I'm not in Prio, how about you give me a tenner and we call it quits? :)
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,425
    Like MPs giving themselves a Bonus while other shiver in doorways. squeak!
    Doubleme said:

my birthday is in January if I have VIP in December I will get birthday bonus or not? looks like the issue got sorted but was some form of admin error. I have dealt with much worse from other sites.

for the most part sky have been good so far in my experience but I would be annoyed in Bearlyther's shoes.

@Doubleme

The way I read it, no, you would not. Here's what the Priority Page update states;

November will be the final month that you can make Priority status meaning you will continue to receive your Priority benefits in December but these will no longer apply from January 1st.
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,430
    Tikay10 said:

Doubleme said:

@Doubleme

The way I read it, no, you would not. Here's what the Priority Page update states;

November will be the final month that you can make Priority status meaning you will continue to receive your Priority benefits in December but these will no longer apply from January 1st.
    ok thanks for confirming