You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Glitch or my PC?

MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
edited November 2020 in Community Help & Advice
In the last couple of days I have been having some connection issues.

1.It takes longer to log into the client. Sometimes it takes several attempts to connect.

2.Every time a new table 'loads' all other current tables freeze until that new one is loaded.

I have just updated some new diagnostic software (Sophos). So I am unsure if it is that, my pc getting slower, or maybe a software glitch.

There seemed to be some 'freezes' for other players last night...but nobody has posted anything.
*Edit - also some lobbies are slow in updating plus games registered in Main Lobby are slower than normal to be highlighted.

Cheers in advance for any help/guidance.

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,349
    Hi Al.

I had a few freezes last night whilst one tabling.

I just panicked a bit , closed the window and re-opened it.

I lost a few seconds a few times.

Ive never heard of Sophos, so I googled it.

I would uninstall it, see if it makes a difference. You can always reinstall it if you think you need it, I hope you got the free version.

Im not saying you should, but I would uninstall it and never bring it back. I dont trust "clean my PC " gadgets, from experience, they used to take over your searches and give you Yahoo or bing or something.

• Options
    mumsie said:

Hi Al.

I would uninstall it, see if it makes a difference. You can always reinstall it if you think you need it, I hope you got the free version.

Im not saying you should, but I would uninstall it and never bring it back. I dont trust "clean my PC " gadgets, from experience, they used to take over your searches and give you Yahoo or bing or something.

Cheers pal. Yeah, still happening tonight so it is starting to get annoying. My poker normally does that...lol.

Looks like I will prob bin it later. Thankfully, it was the free version ;)
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited November 2020
    Most people on the discord had problems with Sky freezing intermittently last night
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Most people on the discord had problems with Sky freezing intermittently last night

So it is you lot of moaning whingers fault then huh? Sky punishing the foul mouthed ;)
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    MAXALLY said:

waller02 said:

So it is you lot of moaning whingers fault then huh? Sky punishing the foul mouthed ;)
    Virgins have nothing better to do I'm afraid.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Hi Al.

Now removed said software. Managed to log on at first attempt & lobbies/tables seem back to usual. My poker playing is still running at sub optimal levels though.

Moral of the story is....... don't fix something that isn't broke ;)

Should I of started a new thread with this reply though?....that is the question.