You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Are Furious.

2»

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,142
    edited December 2020
    Tikay10 said:

Well she can't ever return to the same role, her credibility is in tatters.

And so it should be, but I certainly don't get any satisfaction from it as Team Schadenfreude do. They are a very odd bunch. IMO, of course, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

An old boss of mine once said to me that the problem with opinions is that unfortunately they are like ar5eholes, everyone has got one.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    There need to be dismissals here.

But not Ms Burley and friends. The "junior producers".

They could have:-

1. Told HR/Senior Management at their employers; or
    2. Contacted Ms Burley, expressed their concerns, and warned that they might have to progress matters if this went ahead

What did they do? Hired photographers, leaked stuff to the Press, encrypted messaging.

They need to go. Gradually, so they can't bring Whistleblowing claims.

Someone putting their 60th birthday before a safe system of work? Wrong.
    Someone putting personal vendettas ahead of their employer, causing untold bad press for them? Worse.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,142
    Essexphil said:

There need to be dismissals here.

But not Ms Burley and friends. The "junior producers".

They could have:-

1. Told HR/Senior Management at their employers; or
    2. Contacted Ms Burley, expressed their concerns, and warned that they might have to progress matters if this went ahead

What did they do? Hired photographers, leaked stuff to the Press, encrypted messaging.

They need to go. Gradually, so they can't bring Whistleblowing claims.

Someone putting their 60th birthday before a safe system of work? Wrong.
    Someone putting personal vendettas ahead of their employer, causing untold bad press for them? Worse.

I wouldnt disagree with much of that.

Do you think that it is arrogance or stupidity that causes celebrities to act in this way?

The people that are least likely to get away with rule breaking, are celebrities, and since mobile phones included cameras, millions of the general public have become photographers.

So do you think that Kay Burley thought that the rules did not apply to her, that she wouldnt get caught, she couldnt catch covid, and therefore wouldnt infect anyone else, had no responsibility in respect of other members of the general public, and work colleagues, or that her Birthday took priority?