You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Who won what, Wednesday 6th January

2»

Comments

• Options
    SwogSwog Member Posts: 482
    edited January 2021
    Great write ups as always @Tikay10 ... I’m usually a bit of a lurker but always do read them. Keep up the good work.

Really enjoyed the main event run last night. It’s always good to run well at the top of your buy in range, isn’t it? I learnt a lot from it and plenty of spots to review. Well done to @Sunday8pm for taking it down.

@Tikay10 - just FYI, ‘Swog’ is a completely random nickname I had in school that stuck with me. It’s not something I get called these days though and wouldn’t choose that screen name if I started again 😀
  • Options
    SwogSwog Member Posts: 482
    @Sunday8pm - I recall the conversation in the chat box... what a small world!! It was written in the stars for you both to be number 1 and 2
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,193
    Don't get me wrong, Duesy is certainly one of the better minnows on the site.

@Duesenberg 6830 5 SPT Online - £100,000 GTD

@Duesenberg is a minnow?🤭

I thought you'd seen him in the shower ;)

Thanks for the great updates @Tikay10 , and it's so good to hear from the winners @Nitrogen about their background, and Big Congrats on being a 'Billionaire Boy', even if it was only VR ........ incredible story and memories made for a lifetime.......and also @Sunday8pm with the HUp against his former strike partner @WIG23

AMAZING how small the World is, and especially of Poker

..... but not @Duesenberg obv. :D
  • Options
    AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2021

The only thing @Duesenberg has in common with a fish is that he drinks a lot. Scotch, Baileys and beer mainly.
  • Options
    NitrogenNitrogen Member Posts: 67
    MISTY4ME said:

Thanks for the great updates @Tikay10 , and it's so good to hear from the winners @Nitrogen about their background, and Big Congrats on being a 'Billionaire Boy', even if it was only VR ........ incredible story and memories made for a lifetime.

It was great fun - the downside being that my wife kept saying "shame it's not real money" everytime I'd tell her about it :)
  • Options
    Sunday8pmSunday8pm Member Posts: 58
    Sunday8pm said:

Tikay10 said:

£6,000 Predator Bounty Hunter (£9,030)

A double double for Sunday8pm, not only two wins on the night - 7 @ 7 & Main - but it was his 2nd Main Event win in less than a fortnight as he won Hitman on Christmas Eve. His best score of 2020 was a boomlet Avenger in May which netted him over £2,700, so that's yet another Main Event he's won.

2nd was WIG23 who won UKOPS 08.

Despite suffering from back pain - see his Forum thread - SWOG eased his way into a very fine 3rd place.

5th was johnnyy, who was not a million miles off the Sky Poker FT Jackpot - 5th in the Main & then 11th in the Mini.

@Sunday8pm 1505000 1 £1196.47 + £485.23 Head Prizes 11

@WIG23 0 2 £713.37 + £204.45 Head Prizes 9

@Swog 0 3 £428.93 + £64.21 Head Prizes 3

@PlzFold 0 4 £338.62 + £147.65 Head Prizes 10

@johnnyy 0 5 £286.70 + £132.53 Head Prizes 8

@KnoxTrot 0 6 £239.29 + £81.10 Head Prizes 3
    Interesting story about this Tony - The runner up WIG23 had the same location as me, Bury St Edmunds which is pretty rare. Anyway we ended up on the same table 10 or so out and naturally I enquired where he lived etc. Cut a long story short it turns out that 15 years ago we played as a strike partnership in a Sunday league team and we both know each other fairly well!
    I never knew he played and we lost touch over the years a bit. Turns out he plays quite a lot of mtts here!
    Swog said:

@Sunday8pm - I recall the conversation in the chat box... what a small world!! It was written in the stars for you both to be number 1 and 2

I just ran best at the final table. Was a tough one I had to make a lot of bluffs to keep my head above water. Never a nice thing to have to do. Well played and congrats on 3rd! Decent money.
  • Options
    Sunday8pmSunday8pm Member Posts: 58
    MISTY4ME said:

Don't get me wrong, Duesy is certainly one of the better minnows on the site.

@Duesenberg 6830 5 SPT Online - £100,000 GTD

@Duesenberg is a minnow?🤭

I thought you'd seen him in the shower ;)

Thanks for the great updates @Tikay10 , and it's so good to hear from the winners @Nitrogen about their background, and Big Congrats on being a 'Billionaire Boy', even if it was only VR ........ incredible story and memories made for a lifetime.......and also @Sunday8pm with the HUp against his former strike partner @WIG23

AMAZING how small the World is, and especially of Poker

..... but not @Duesenberg obv. :D

Thanks Misty, much appreciated.
  • Options
    mushroom1mushroom1 Member Posts: 645

You're schooling us.
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,242
    Great write ups as always but some great stories from the players too.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,806
    TVSpice said:

Great write ups as always but some great stories from the players too.

^^^^^ this.

Not sure why so many player stories today, but it's exactly what we want, & Thread Views today are more than double the normal.

It does show that folks like to read about the winners - @Sunday8pm @Nitrogen etc - as well as losers like @Duesenberg