You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

£100,000 SPT Online Live Update - of sorts.

1293031323335»

Comments

• tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,723
    Good Afternoon
    I agree with all of the plaudits for the fabulous work that Tikay and Pompeynic put in, it was a great tournament, also well done to Sky Sam? For taking the chance on a massive prize pool , and giving the ‘ little guys’ a chance through all the inexpensive satellites, and giveaways.

Here’s to the next one ( Hopefully soon)
  • MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,157
    edited February 2021
    Tikay10 said:

NChanning said:

Excellent work on the thread particularly Nic and Tikay. Well done to all the winners. I think I might have missed the level 29 stuff somehow, what was all that about?

@NChanning

There was quite a hefty jump from L28 to L29, at which point the structure "froze" with no further blind increases.

I'm sure you well recall from your Black Belt days how difficult it is to please all of the people all of the time...

And after all, if we don't have the occasional chunter, we are not a qualified poker player. It's what we do.
    With reference to the only negative comments about the SPT @Tikay10 , would starting the Tournament on Day2 at 4pm (or even 3pm), and adding in two Blind Levels at Level 29 75K/150K, Level 30 100K/200K and finishing off with Level 31 125K/250K be better?

I know it might impact a little on some players Sunday Football watching and betting, but I know for sure, being a Single Tabler/occasional 2 Tabler, I would have spent some of my winnings on the 6pm Sunday Major Semi (£24 is my max. buy-in), and I'm sure a few more later SPT bust-outs than me, would have bought into the Sunday Major itself, and other Tourneys, if they were joining them earlier/at the start.

It would also mean you would (hopefully) get a slightly earlier finish to the SPT, and you would have an extra hour 'Beauty Sleep' @Tikay10 ;)

BRILLIANT Tourney ..... WELL DONE everyone

• PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    I was excited in the build up to the SPT and delighted to have binked a free seat.

I managed to get up to over a 100K stack with about three levels to go until day 2 then i decided to do something stupid in hindsight/or just unlucky (you can decide)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    MBSNTB_JBSmall blind800.00800.00184233.00
    PKRParBig blind1600.002400.00106736.50
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    BloomDogRaise3200.005600.0057768.25
    CleisFold
    BrrrrrrrFold
    MBSNTB_JBFold
    PKRParCall1600.007200.00105136.50
    Flop
    PKRParCheck
    BloomDogBet3600.0010800.0054168.25
    PKRParRaise8000.0018800.0097136.50
    BloomDogCall4400.0023200.0049768.25
    Turn
    PKRParBet10000.0033200.0087136.50
    BloomDogCall10000.0043200.0039768.25
    River
    PKRParAll-in87136.50130336.500.00
    BloomDogAll-in39768.25170104.750.00
    PKRParUnmatched bet47368.25122736.5047368.25
    PKRParShow
    • Q
    BloomDogShow
    BloomDogWinFull House, 6s and 7s122736.50122736.50
    From there I then got my last 15bbs in good with 10s, but sadly QJ flopped QQK and that was that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I probably should have kept it tight from there on in rather than bluffing over half my stack off and could have made day 2 and maybe even some more bounties.

Really enjoyed the big field event with big buy in on sky though.

Hopefully a two dayer can be arranged for next UKOPS.
  • NitrogenNitrogen Member Posts: 67
    edited February 2021
    Pf if fine - though not a call every time otherwise you'll have too little value in your range.

Flop hits you harder than villain and you have a draw and blocker and backdoor flush so reraise ok - may be a little bigger.

Turn is a good card he shouldn't have as many 7s as you, maybe bet a little bigger.

But once you get to the river it's hard to find much of his range that he's folding - missed hearts? Probably not folding any overpairs.

That said - love the aggression and you've got to 3 barrel sometimes :)

• dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    Thank you for the updates Tikay and pompeynic.
    I've just caught up.
    The freebie seats meant the small fry like me (average about 100 points a week) had the opportunity to mix it with the big guns.
    Normally, my roll and ability would keep me far away from these tourneys.
    A single bounty was just the icing on the cake.

Top marks all round.
  • AmarieAmarie Member Posts: 443
    edited February 2021
    Wow, what a fantastic read, watched a couple of tables over the weekend and it seemed everyone was having a blast, indeed a good time was had by all I'm sure.

A special note though MUST go to Nic @pompeynic for the timely updates, much better than when that older bloke does them, and obviously a lot more handsome ;)

Can't wait 'til we can all meet again for a live game.

Stay safe everyone

Mother

xxxx
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,810
    Amarie said:

Wow, what a fantastic read, watched a couple of tables over the weekend and it seemed everyone was having a blast, indeed a good time was had by all I'm sure.

A special note though MUST go to Nic @pompeynic for the timely updates, much better than when that older bloke does them, and obviously a lot more handsome ;)

Can't wait 'til we can all meet again for a live game.

Stay safe everyone

Mother

xxxx

@Amarie

I might be older & less handsome than @pompeynic (doubtful, but I try to be polite) but is he as nice to you as I unfailingly am?

More seriously, I hope you & the fam ("fam" is kids speak for family) are all staying healthy & virus clear, & please give my love to the Degenerate Daughter.

I had my jab on Saturday & was absolutely buzzing all weekend, although the adrenalin hangover has kicked in today & I'm (mentally) as flat as a pancake.

Do take care, all of you up there in deepest Yorkshire.

xxx
  • AmarieAmarie Member Posts: 443
    All good here Mr K, the father had his jab also on Saturday, I wont get mine for a while yet as obviously I'm much too young.

This lockdown tho is so debilitating, my house usually has visitors all day long with at least one sister or a brother, son or daughter (of the degen type, who sends her love right back at ya) calling in for a cuppa and a piece of cake, but its just sooo quiet at the moment, and I do worry about people who are on their own, so please do take care and if anyone offers you help then please accept it with the kindness that it was offered with.

Fingers crossed that we will be back to some kind of normality if the near future and we can all get round the green felt tables, play some cards and put the world to rights.

Stay safe Mr K

Mother

xxxx