You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Wuhan.

2»

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,110

lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

This is more than enough evidence for me.

Have you watched the programme ?
    It was a tongue in cheek comment that if you click to watch the video, the message comes up saying 'video unavailable'.

Hence screengrabbing the picture.

And yes, I've just watched it now.
    Sorry I thought you was commenting without seeing the programme,I didn't know the video was 'unavailable' on other forums. What did you think of the programme ?
    It was alright, kept me occupied for 70 minutes if nothing else.

Didn't think anything in it was particularly revealing or earth shattering.

Not sure if it was made as an informative piece or an attempted exposé of China.... kinda ended up coming across as a clumsy mix of the 2; China being secretive is hardly a new thing.

For the appalling handling of the pandemic here in the UK, I point the finger at a government, but it's certainly not the Chinese government.
    But surely their refusal to admit or disclose information in the early stages caused much more harm than if they had been open and honest from the start.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

It was a tongue in cheek comment that if you click to watch the video, the message comes up saying 'video unavailable'.

Sorry I thought you was commenting without seeing the programme,I didn't know the video was 'unavailable' on other forums. What did you think of the programme ?

Not sure if it was made as an informative piece or an attempted exposé of China.... kinda ended up coming across as a clumsy mix of the 2; China being secretive is hardly a new thing.

For the appalling handling of the pandemic here in the UK, I point the finger at a government, but it's certainly not the Chinese government.
    But surely their refusal to admit or disclose information in the early stages caused much more harm than if they had been open and honest from the start.
    Maybe, I'm not sure its ever something that we'll be able to quantify beyond doubt. Even one of the guys at the end, after what was a 60 minute China bashing documentary, effectively said that the virus was already out into the world regardless.

Perhaps the impact could've been mitigated had China been more vocal early doors, but equally I've read stuff that suggested China's harsh and quick lockdown stopped the pandemic from being even worse.

Whilst I'm not absolving China of their portion of 'responsibility' (for want of a better word), I think it's far too convenient to lay all the blame at their door.

For that, we need to look a lot closer to home.

https://www.facebook.com/ledbydonkeys/videos/311365813382316
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,534
    WHO backtracks on Covid Wuhan lab: Theory that virus emerged in laboratory has NOT been dismissed, health chief insists - as it emerges China WON'T hand over raw data on early infections

The investigation to Wuhan failed to identify the source of the virus but appeared to disregard the theory that it leaked from a virology laboratory in the city.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9254793/WHO-backtracks-Covid-Wuhan-lab.html
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,110

lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

lucy4 said:

Maybe, I'm not sure its ever something that we'll be able to quantify beyond doubt. Even one of the guys at the end, after what was a 60 minute China bashing documentary, effectively said that the virus was already out into the world regardless.

Perhaps the impact could've been mitigated had China been more vocal early doors, but equally I've read stuff that suggested China's harsh and quick lockdown stopped the pandemic from being even worse.

Whilst I'm not absolving China of their portion of 'responsibility' (for want of a better word), I think it's far too convenient to lay all the blame at their door.

For that, we need to look a lot closer to home.

https://www.facebook.com/ledbydonkeys/videos/311365813382316
    Oh dear that video doesn't make pleasant viewing,it would be laughable if it wasn't so serious.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    edited May 2021
    Interesting reading the comments above:

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    Was, is, and continuing to be executed by parts of the militaries.
    Lots of military activity around the world, has been for a while.
    ‘ It’ never spread around the world under its own steam.
  • Options
  • Options
    Been there, done that.

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,534
    edited May 2021