You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Durrrrrr

Root_KunalRoot_Kunal Member Posts: 714
edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Now watching him and zigs play was amzing lastnite.............BUT imagaine dwan verus ISILDER1 (viktor blom) MANNNNNN that would be amazing, why didnt he challenge him.

Comments

• Options
    timebomb10timebomb10 Member Posts: 202
    edited March 2010
    i think durrrr is so overrated to be honest yes hes done tremendous from 50 dollers or what ever
    but can you ever see him win a big tournament . i might put money on him that he never will
    good cash game player becauses hes reckless and allways seems to catch the outers lo
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Durrrrrr:
    Now watching him and zigs play was amzing lastnite.............BUT imagaine dwan verus ISILDER1 (viktor blom) MANNNNNN that would be amazing, why didnt he challenge him.
    Posted by kunster
    Has Isuldur been outed as Viktor Blom? i know that was Tony G's opinion on who it was but haven't heard that confirmed. And does Isildur have the roll anymore to take the Durrrr challange? (although i don't think getting backing for this would be hard for Isuldur, a lot of people think he is the greatest online NL holem player and his downfall came at the hands of PLO against great players)
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited March 2010
    Dwan did and lost 5mill at NLH lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Durrrrrr:
    In Response to Durrrrrr : Has Isuldur been outed as Viktor Blom? i know that was Tony G's opinion on who it was but haven't heard that confirmed. And does Isildur have the roll anymore to take the Durrrr challange? (although i don't think getting backing for this would be hard for Isuldur, a lot of people think he is the greatest online NL holem player and his downfall came at the hands of PLO against great players)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

YES its him fact...and trust me he has the roll watched him on ft lastnite and most nights plays the top players still so i think he still has the rolls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ-aaWUzzZQ
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i think durrrr is so overrated to be honest yes hes done tremendous from 50 dollers or what ever but can you ever see him win a big tournament . i might put money on him that he never will good cash game player becauses hes reckless and allways seems to catch the outers lo
    Posted by timebomb10

Tournaments have less skill than cash because the short term luck is so much more important hence him winning a big tournament will not prove much, however he has cashed and run deep in a good few tournies.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited March 2010
    i think durrrr is so overrated to be honest yes hes done tremendous from 50 dollers or what ever but can you ever see him win a big tournament . i might put money on him that he never will good cash game player becauses hes reckless and allways seems to catch the outers lo
    Posted by timebomb10
    lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Durrrrrr : YES its him fact...and trust me he has the roll watched him on ft lastnite and most nights plays the top players still so i think he still has the rolls http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ-aaWUzzZQ
    Posted by kunster
    i know Victor Blom has a roll but didn't know it had been confirmed he was Isildur1 (wouldn't this break the FT rules on multi accounting as Victor already plays there??)

Last i had heard Full Flush & Tony G stated he was Isildur but that was later retracted and haad to be made clear that this was only Tony G's opinion and he did not in fact know. Full Flush thought he knew because of playing style but again i'm unsure of how true that is. If Dwan, Antonious etc couldn't recognise Blom's playing style then why would Full Flush???

When did Blom admit to being Him ?
  • Options
    timebomb10timebomb10 Member Posts: 202
    edited March 2010
    blom hasnt admitted just speculation still ,
    i find it funny about multi accounting i think brian hasting has done this but nothing happened with him
    seems like its probably 1 rule for them and 1 rule for us
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,963
    edited March 2010
    Posted by timebomb10
    That's because he's a cash player, not a tourney player.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    blom hasnt admitted just speculation still , i find it funny about multi accounting i think brian hasting has done this but nothing happened with him seems like its probably 1 rule for them and 1 rule for us
    Posted by timebomb10

Your very right there hastings the fool conned isilder1 outta 4mill in one day sharing hand historys with 3 others. What did FT do about this took away hes red pro status for yes a WHOLE MONTH woooooooow weeeeeeee witch means he had to pay rake back!
    I know someone who used to accounts on tere and got banned for life but its ok if you got the red pro status. WHAT A JOKE if i was islder1 then i would have taken this farther as its against the rules that FT cleary state being that you can not share HH with other players on a certain player!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kunster, I have a problem with a hand I played could you answer the question I posted in the hand strategy forum?

If you are going to answer yes, then you are cheating. Or are you?

Just because they have software that neatly sorts the hh's that Chubber Hastings played does not mean that then discussing them is against any form of real enforceable realistic rule. Remember everyone including Isi has that software and everyone including Isi has the ability to discuss with anyone how to play a hand either that they have played or in the future.

As it is FTP are pretty scummy and don't like their normal customers, c'est la vie with regards to your friend.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kunster, I have a problem with a hand I played could you answer the question I posted in the hand strategy forum? If you are going to answer yes, then you are cheating. Or are you? Just because they have software that neatly sorts the hh's that Chubber Hastings played does not mean that then discussing them is against any form of real enforceable realistic rule. Remember everyone including Isi has that software and everyone including Isi has the ability to discuss with anyone how to play a hand either that they have played or in the future. As it is FTP are pretty scummy and don't like their normal customers, c'est la vie with regards to your friend.
    Posted by beaneh
    It was a little different, they didn't discuss HH's as you suggest they combined databases and worked together on a strategy to bring Isildur down. that IS cheating i'm afraid, collusion and nothing less. If they were talking in general about weakness they may have spotted then yeah, i'd agree but they collated tens of thousands of hands with the purpose of extracting money from a player by joint effort
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Kunster, I have a problem with a hand I played could you answer the question I posted in the hand strategy forum? If you are going to answer yes, then you are cheating. Or are you? Just because they have software that neatly sorts the hh's that Chubber Hastings played does not mean that then discussing them is against any form of real enforceable realistic rule. Remember everyone including Isi has that software and everyone including Isi has the ability to discuss with anyone how to play a hand either that they have played or in the future. As it is FTP are pretty scummy and don't like their normal customers, c'est la vie with regards to your friend.
    Posted by beaneh
    the way they did it was un-fair and wrong hastings the fat little monkey already admit it was wrong. its just not good practice and from a pro too. Yeah ur right FTP will alwaysz look after there own
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Durrrrrr:
    In Response to Re: Durrrrrr : It was a little different, they didn't discuss HH's as you suggest they combined databases and worked together on a strategy to bring Isildur down. that IS cheating i'm afraid, collusion and nothing less. If they were talking in general about weakness they may have spotted then yeah, i'd agree but they collated tens of thousands of hands with the purpose of extracting money from a player by joint effort
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

I think you're wrong.

What if I just work harder than you and ask my friends about every hand I play? What if I post every hand in a strategy forum?

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with what they did, what had alot to do with the result was the fact that Chubber ran 4mill above ev during the first session! That is enough to beat anyone.

In Response to Re: Durrrrrr : the way they did it was un-fair and wrong hastings the fat little monkey already admit it was wrong. its just not good practice and from a pro too. Yeah ur right FTP will alwaysz look after there own
    Posted by kunster

I think it is more of a case of the rules being stupidly thought through and not clarified enough. Whilst also being completely unenforceable.

That and FTP being sc um regarding current customers and those who don't play nosebleed stakes.

• Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to  Re: Durrrrrr : I think you're wrong. What if I just work harder than you and ask my friends about every hand I play? What if I post every hand in a strategy forum? There is nothing intrinsically wrong with what they did, what had alot to do with the result was the fact that Chubber ran 4mill above ev during the first session! That is enough to beat anyone. In Response to Re: Durrrrrr : I think it is more of a case of the rules being stupidly thought through and not clarified enough. Whilst also being completely unenforceable. That and FTP being sc um regarding current customers and those who don't play nosebleed stakes.
    Posted by beaneh
    We agree to not agree lol
  • Options
    WHOAMI196WHOAMI196 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited March 2010
    i heard isildur is now broke !!!!!...........no durrrr challenge for him lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Durrrrrr : We agree to not agree lol
    Posted by kunster

So is discussing a hand history with someone else against the principles of the game?

Is asking for advice on how to play someone in a certain situation who is very tight against the rules?
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited March 2010
    In Response to  Re: Durrrrrr : I think you're wrong. What if I just work harder than you and ask my friends about every hand I play? What if I post every hand in a strategy forum? There is nothing intrinsically wrong with what they did.
    Posted by beaneh
    It's not feasible to discuss that many hands in those timescales.
    However, it is easily feasible to combine HH databases and obtain statistical analysis.
    Also, any decent poster of HH's on a strategy forum would remove the villain's name so they would not know the name of the opponent.
    This may all be just "splitting hairs"  to you but when executed to this degree it is clearly collusion and cheating. It is certainly ethically wrong.
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited March 2010
    Viktor Blom has denied that he is isildur a few times.And whoever says durrrr is overated is crazy.He is in my opinion the best heads up cash player in the world at NLH.
  • Options
    J-HartiganJ-Hartigan Member Posts: 2,756
    edited March 2010
    I think the 'durrrr Challenge' (between Dwan and Antonius) is one of the most exciting things to happen in poker in recent years - and I continue to follow this epic, on-line heads-up battle for The Rail.
    Perhaps we should have the 'tikay10 Challenge' on Sky Poker?  Very simple concept: Tony Kendall has to play 50,000 hands of heads-up NLHE or PLO ... without falling asleep!