You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Joshua v Fury

lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,108

Anthony Joshua to defend his WBA, IBF and WBO belts against WBC champion Tyson Fury in an undisputed world title fight, with a date and venue to be confirmed, after British rivals signed a two-fight deal.

The British rivals have been locked in lengthy negotiations in recent months, but have now finally finalised terms for the blockbuster battle, with a date and venue to be confirmed.

Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn told Sky Sports: "All parties have now put pen to paper and we will be working hard over the next few weeks to confirm the site and date for the biggest fight in boxing."

Comments

• Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,681
    Wonder what will happen if its 1-1 after the two fights?
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,702
    cenachav said:

it wont be though Tyson fury is a beast and fury will win unless biased referee decisions.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,272
    Doubleme said:

cenachav said:

it wont be though Tyson fury is a beast and fury will win unless biased referee decisions.
    Ok well firstly the referee doesn't score so it's down to 3 judges. Not that they will be required because if this goes the distance I will be very surprised.

Joshua can be rocked, we've seen that in his previous fights and also Fury is excellent at negating his opponents.

The only real unknown for me is Furys chin. Joshua will hit him harder than he's ever been hit before. If Fury can take those shots and stay focussed or if he's able to crowd A J I think he has the beating of Joshua.

If both fighters come in at peak condition then for me it's Fury by stoppage in the 9th
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    How many people underestimate Joshua is astounding. For me Joshua is going to win this convincingly.

Yes fury beat Wilder... a man with zero technical boxing skills all he had to do was avoid his right hand.

Joshua has excellent well schooled technique... the big right is much harder to avoid when it is being used alongside good feints and set up properly.

Joshua hits like a mule and fury has been dropped by a cruiserweight (Steve cunningham)

Iv beat boxing betting for the last ten years and I will be lumping on Joshua in this fight. If we see the same disciplined Joshua that fought in the rematch vs Ruiz he will be tough to beat.

Fury's best route to victory is trying to get Joshua to empty his tank like we have seen before as fury clearly has the better stamina.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,272
    Certainly wont be lumping on any of them simply because there are too many variables.

Fury has never faced anybody as technically good or powerful as Joshua. Joshua has never faced anybody as big or as savvy as Fury. Both hit hard and both can be put down.

I may limit my exposure to max of £50 but the mortgage wont be punted here.

Yes Joshua hits very, very hard behind one of the best jabs in boxing. Fury is expert at taking away his opponents edges, look at how he totally reduced Klitchko to almost a plodding automaton and made Wilder look ragged.

Joshua is very skilled at picking apart good defences so that is going to be fascinating to see if he has both the patience and guile to overcome Furys spoiling style.

Absolutely agree with the stamina observation and to be honest I think it's something that's been evident since the Whyte fight and Fury is way bigger than anyone Joshua has faced before.

I am not a big fan of Fury, never have been, but I just can't shake this belief that at some point he's going to get to Joshua and history tells us that, that is where it starts to unravel for A J.

If it goes past 6 I fear for Joshua but if he can get his jab going and attack behind it Fury could struggle to contain him.

Too many overhyped heavyweight clashes have ended up as non entity snoozefests or one sided blowouts. I really hope this is a tear up for the ages.

Head says Fury, heart says Joshua, £50 says it doesn't go past 9.

Get the beers in, mates round and pizzas ordered, it's going to be a huge event. Really hope they get a good undercard too.